PDA

View Full Version : F.C. Porto

Polaris
05-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Até os comemos de cebolada e escabeche! :rolleyes2

F.C.Porto has won the UEFA tournament! :p

Campeões! Campeões, nós somos campeões! :)

Champoins, champions, we are the champions! ;)

What do ya thinked of the game? Did you watch it? :greenie:

Do you want to say smth? :D

Megami
05-27-2004, 02:33 PM
"Biba ò porto, carago" LOL

I LOVED IT; I AM SO HAPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES; PORTO!!!!!!!! WE ARE CHAMPIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Who-oooooooo.......!

Polaris
05-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Até os comemos, carago!

Doc Sark
05-27-2004, 07:54 PM
And it was very well deserved, I love Carlos Alberto he is absolutely amazing, his goal was exquisite, as was Deco's. Really didn't expect Porto at the beginning to get past the quarter finals but they beat some quality opposition to do the job. Well done Porto. Fair play to Monaco aswell, they did very well to reach the final and put up a good fight.

aeris2001x2
05-27-2004, 08:02 PM
it had the same score as my team manchester united's victory over mill wall in the fa cup. but manchester were awful and won with zero effort, where fc porto REALLY worked to get it. the score flattered them...3-0...but they were the best team in europe this season, even better then arsenal.

p.s- and i,m not bitter that manchester were 2 mins away from knocking them out anymore even though it should have gone 2 extra time because of scholes dis- allowed goal that was onside. we should not have lost when we went to porto, it was our own fault. and a team that lost 4-1 to manchester city three days later does not deserve to be in the champions league :eep:

Psychotic
05-27-2004, 08:03 PM
Porto won the Champion's League, not the UEFA tournament.

But yeah, good job Porto. I turned on my TV just before Carlos Alberto scored, so yeah.

I expect Portugal to do well in the European Championships this summer.

aeris2001x2
05-27-2004, 08:09 PM
yeah valenca won the uefa cup this season so maybe they will win the champions league nxt season cause porto won the uefa cup last season.

i wonder when the porto coach goes to chelsea how he will do.

Doc Sark
05-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Yeah I don't think it works like that somehow. Valencia will have to hold on to their manager if they want to win the Champions League, and he could be on his way to Liverpool and taking Aimar and Ayala with him! Can't see Porto repeating this next season without Mourihno, he is an inspiration!!!

Also to be fair, it's the UEFA Champions League so all bases were nicely covered.

Skogs
05-27-2004, 10:45 PM
Er. Yay. Saw the FC Porto team at an airport once.

It was Porto airport, funnily enough.

aeris2001x2
05-28-2004, 04:13 PM
Yeah I don't think it works like that somehow. Valencia will have to hold on to their manager if they want to win the Champions League, and he could be on his way to Liverpool and taking Aimar and Ayala with him! Can't see Porto repeating this next season without Mourihno, he is an inspiration!!!

Also to be fair, it's the UEFA Champions League so all bases were nicely covered.

he said he was not going to liverpool and it would be a silly thing to do, considering the difference in quality between valenica and liver pool who are just ordinary.

Doc Sark
05-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Do you have a source for that because it's total rubbish.

http://liverpool.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=890&p=2&stid=8348795

This quote seems to think otherwise. Also Liverpool are not an ordinary club by any means. Liverpool are the last English team to win a European trophy. Also Danny Murphy turns into a god at Old Trafford. Go Danny, it's your birthday.

My money is on Benitez for Liverpool. In fact screw it, i'm gonna put a bet on it right now.

aeris2001x2
05-28-2004, 11:48 PM
they were good but so were leeds...same thing with liverpool just less extreme.

still if he does go he may well regret it.

Doc Sark
05-31-2004, 12:52 AM
Liverpool are good. The situation at leeds is worlds away. We are financially secure, Leeds weren't which is why the bottom fell out of the club. You won't see Liverpool scrapping in the bottom half. Have you ever? Every season consistently for the past ten years Liverpool have finished in the top 5. You could say the same thing about Man Utd if you were football retarded, knocked out by Porto (boo hoo about Scholes disallowed goal, I've lost count of the amount of times Utd have a won games on extremely poor refereeing) whalloped by Man City, finished 3rd in the league which is bad Utd standards, and a bunch of naff signings, but I know that when the league table comes in next may, Utd are gonna be top 4, as are Liverpool. You gotta understand that Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world. Benitez made Valencia the team they are with very little money and constant interference from the board, he took them to 2 league titles and the UEFA Cup. He will be relishing the challenge at Liverpool. It's not like Liverpool have slacked greatly in recent years. Liverpool haven't won any league titles for a while but 6 trophies since the 2000/2001 season is more than other club in England can boast at the moment.

It would take a Utd fan to say that Liverpool were good but aren't any more. Of course its not true, Liverpool are still amongst the Premierships elite and will be for many years to come, I could make the same excuses as the Houllier as to why Liverpool haven't performed this season, injuries etc ravaged the early stages of their season, but at the end of the day the wheels are in motion at Anfield for some big changes, Heskey's gone, Traore will go, others are on the "to be axed" list and quality, big names are being brought in. Comparing Liverpool to Leeds is absurd because Liverpool are not in financial trouble, they have been consistent in their league placings for ten years, they just need a man to take them to the next level. Benitez. Plus I can't think of many people that have gone to Anfield and regretted it.

Can't wait for another three points of Utd at Old Traford next season! :D

aeris2001x2
05-31-2004, 07:57 PM
hey dont be so serious its not like football is remotely top ten thing i enjoy.

the point i,m making is that liverpool had a mediocre season and STILL finished fourth. that says alot about the quality of the premership. i,d say liverpool today are nothing compared to the days of fortress anfield where they did a cup treble one year and also finished 2nd in the year arsenal did the double.

i,m not saying either they are anything like leeds, i,m jusat saying they were potential champions but not anymore unless the new manager turns it around.

yes manchester united had a crap season too but were fantastic before christmas and were a million miles away from liverpool in quality this season. its just in the second half united collapsed and in the second half liverpool got better. i mean wolves beat manchester united which says alot about liverpools win at old trafford...but despite the awful season it was way better then liverpools.

Doc Sark
06-01-2004, 01:01 AM
Yeah but Liverpool have won three out of the last four at old trafford. Wolves finished 18th. Football happens to be my number one passion, so I have to defend my team. That cup treble was hardly fortress anfield, those days went when the kop were made to sit down. Liverpool are still potential champions, they are just having a bad patch. I'd hardly describe Utd as a million miles away in quality, in fact they are only about 30 miles away. Sure the 90's belonged to Man Utd but this decade is still up for grabs but right now Arsenal are running away with it. At the end of the day all United have to show this season is an easy F.A Cup Final win, they still have to qualify for the Champions League, as do Liverpool. So really when all is said and done, Utd's season wasn't that much better than Liverpools. Unable to beat Arsenal or Chelsea this season and falling quite a way off the pace, looks like Liverpool aren't the only team that needs to turn things around. Difference is Liverpools board have got the balls to make changes.

aeris2001x2
06-01-2004, 11:25 PM
so the valancia coach is leaving i have just heard, maybe he will go liverpool.

no i think united are fine, they just needed rio and brown is very over rated, we need cover 4 rio and we will be fine. are biggest strength is that we can normally win even when playing crap. we last that this season. but we will be back.

liverpool just seemed to lack sumthin the last two seasons. maybe there turn it around but right now i,d say only the big three are title contenders.

and yes wolves were 18th and liverpool seem to best us at home alot, but city seem 2 beat us too and end up at the bottom. i remember united winning the fa cup final 4-0 against chelsea and they had beaten us twice that season. so those sort of records mean nothing. if i thought things like that mattered i,d be on about our record against arsenal for last 7 games is won 2, draw 4, lost 1...but it means nothing. its only consitensy but we lacked that this season which is rare. we will be back i promise...

but yeah i,m just debating for the sake of debate, i just did not know u were so passionate about football so sorry if i have offended thee.

gokufusionss1
06-02-2004, 06:08 PM
i'd rather take on curbishly or ever the latest rumour kenny daglish is comming back.

Doc Sark
06-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Actually I think records against certain teams mean quite a lot. Especially in terms of confidence. If you go into a game knowing that you have a knack of beating a side regularly it is definite psychological advantage. Also the record against Arsenal does matter, if you can't beat them in the league what hope is there of winning it. Arsenal are so much better than every team in the premiership right now its scary. I've never seen one team be so amazingly good.

Gerard Houllier has never been the same since he nearly died, that has reflected upon the team in the last two seasons.

You not feeling Benitez then Goku? It's pretty much a done deal now. Just waiting for Rick Parry to come back from holiday and rubber stamp it.

gokufusionss1
06-03-2004, 04:37 PM
Valencia are stirring up trouble over betinez so there still may be problems. I'm a big supporter of promoting back room staff and former players, people who actually care about Liverpool football club.

Doc Sark
06-03-2004, 10:40 PM
I agree. That's my only worry about Benitez, its been rumoured he may want to bring in his own coaching staff. I'd like to see Kenny Daglish back at the club, not as manager but doing something.