PDA

View Full Version : "Lady Yuna, forgive me."

-N-
05-28-2004, 04:59 AM
Who says this line (as Yuna is thrown into the Via Purifico)? It sounds like Kinoc...

soulICE
05-28-2004, 11:31 PM
its Issaru. once you reach the end of the via purifico, you face him in a aeon duel.

-N-
05-30-2004, 03:51 AM
Yeah, so why would Isaaru say that before Yuna knows she's fighting him? It's clear Isaaru had no idea Yuna was the traitor of Yevon in the dialogue before their fight.

Rye
05-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Probably because he was always friends with her and they had that competition. I think that he still regarded her as a friend, but his duties to Yevon were more important to him.

-N-
05-31-2004, 03:50 AM
That still doesn't address my rebuttal. How come Isaaru is surprised Lady Yuna is the traitor upon their meeting, if he is the one who apologizes to Yuna at the beginning of the Via Purifico?

I think more and more now it might be Kinoc - the voices match better.

listentomystory
05-31-2004, 12:45 PM
it definately is issaru saying lady yuna please forgive me, i can see where your coming from though, isarru says so it is you, indicating that someone had told him that yuna was a traitor, however i believe the reason why he was surprised is cuz he was yunas friend and she was the high summoners daughter that he convinced himself that it wasnt yuna just an imposter or something along those lines

The Man
05-31-2004, 03:06 PM
That still doesn't address my rebuttal. How come Isaaru is surprised Lady Yuna is the traitor upon their meeting, if he is the one who apologizes to Yuna at the beginning of the Via Purifico?
Because even though he's fighting her, he still likes her. I thought it was pretty obvious.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-05-2004, 08:16 PM
I think he's referring to what happens at the beginning, where they are thrown into the Via Purifico. I believe Kinoc actually DOES say something along those lines. Issaru probably says something like that too when you meet him at the end.

Jecht Shot
06-14-2004, 02:21 PM
Yeah, the line is said just as Yuna is thrown into the Purifico, not at the end when she comes across Issaru. It could be Kinoc, but it sounds like some random guard to me.

Old Manus
06-14-2004, 07:41 PM
One theory is it could be one of Tidus' memories of Issaru saying "forgive me", seeing as up until Zanarkand Tidus relays his thoughts directly to the player.

Spartan Green
03-13-2023, 05:09 PM
Thank you. I just couldn't place that familiar voice. But it makes so much sense now. Mika instructed for guards to be placed at the exit to finish off any escapees. Cut to a voiceover of Isaaru asking for Yuna's forgiveness. Classic storytelling style. Kudos!

Christmas
03-16-2023, 12:31 PM
No problem, man. EoFF is always here to help. :bigsmile: