PDA

View Full Version : Differnt Server?

BooG
05-28-2004, 05:42 AM
Not sure if this goes here, sry if not just move it, ill find it. lol...

I live in Ohio USA, and my friend lives in Florida USA(not sure if that makes a difference), and we both have PS2 versions of FFXI. We play but are not connected to the same server or something. :( Is there any way to change that, someone online said something about a world map, which involved, buying a world map, getting a password from it, and ahving my friend start a NEW character with the password I give him from the world map, lol, sounds strange eh? Any ideas?

VDeity
05-28-2004, 05:54 AM
They mean World PASS. You have to be like level 10 to buy one and they sometimes are expensive. Everything else you said is correct though.

Bahamut2000X
05-28-2004, 11:40 AM
You don't have to be level 10 to get one, you just need about 1000-1700 gil depending on the servers population, you can easily get that amount by selling a stack of fire scrystals or 2 stacks of wind crystals at the Auction House.

Citizen Bleys
05-28-2004, 12:20 PM
You're on a server where fire crystals sell for more than wind crystals?

Crazy, man, crazy. Fire crystals are easy as pie to get. Just spend ten minutes in Ghelsba.

On Alexander, Wind Crystals are even worth more in Windurst, and the Yagudo in Giddeus drop the suckers.

Lionx
05-28-2004, 04:06 PM
Its beacause of the guilds there, Smithing in Sandy makes fire worth way more, while cloth and boneworking make wind more in Windy. Thats all there is to it.

BooG
05-28-2004, 05:47 PM
Ok, so I have to find someone to buy it from, like a NPC, or another Online Player? Then would someone please walk me through it? I'm sorry, I'm brand new to Final Fantasy, first one ive played. :)

But if you could just tell me when and where I would have to put the World Pass in, I don't remember it asking me for a pass to join Bastok. And I don't want to mess it up, you know...

ZeZipster
05-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Bastok isn't a server, it's a country, a place in the server that got selected for you (because you didn't configure it). For starters, find out what server you're in and one server your friend is in. You can do this by going in to the select character screen and looking at the details provided when you have your character selected.

World Passes work like this:

A world pass is something that a player already playing the game can get. They
have to buy it in-game, with in-game money. The more people in a server makes a
World Pass cost more. When someone is making a new character, if they enter the
World Pass code from a World Pass, then they start off in the World Pass
giver's server. A World Shifter is an NPC that looks a lot like a GM. They
allow you to move to a smaller server, but you dont get to choose which one.
However, they do tell you which one you will go on before they send you there.
Note that World Shifters only appear on highly populated servers or at
certain special times.

NPCs that give World Passes:

Kacheda in Port Bastok - Bastok
Ambleon in Port San D'Oria - San D'Oria
Gamimi in the Windurst Tower - Windurst

However, if you and your friend are on the same server, this won't matter and you won't need it. You can delete and recreate your character untill you get the right server if you want, or you could beg people on forums (like these) to give you a world pass.

The servers are:

1) Bahamut
2) Shiva
3) Titan
4) Ramuh
5) Phoenix
6) Carbuncle
7) Fenrir
8) Slyph
9) Valefor
10) Alexander
11) Leviathan
12) Odin
13) Ifrit
14) Diablos
15) Caitsith
16) Quetzalcoatl
17) Siren
18) Unicorn
19) Gilgamesh
20) Ragnarok
21) Pandemonium
22) Garuda
23) Cerberus
24) Kjata
25) Bismarck
26) Seraph
27) Lakshmi
28) Midgardsormr
29) Asura

I have gotten Shiva 100% of the time. I don't know if it's Shiva's population, my luck, or my location. I restarted my character a good 4 times.

Bahamut2000X
05-28-2004, 10:09 PM
Your first charcter made is randomly put on a server, and from then on all charcters youm ake without use of a world pass are put on this 'anchor' server. It's Square's way of keeping the population balanced as opposed to the create delete create delete till most everyone fills up one entire server beyond capacity leaving the others with low population (in the case of Ragnarok)

BooG
05-29-2004, 06:07 AM
That summed it up nicely, only thing I have to ask is, how can I find out wich server im on..???

Rostum
05-29-2004, 08:09 AM
When you log into FFXI it will say what server you are on in the log box.

Bahamut2000X
05-29-2004, 03:10 PM
Or from the charcter selection part of the log in process, it will say your charcters name, level, class, and also server.