PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Saga.

Doc Sark
05-28-2004, 07:34 PM
Did anyone play this abomination? I have never played a square game that I disliked, but I bought this piece of crap and returned it the next day because it was so unplayable. Is it just me?

aeris2001x2
06-02-2004, 05:27 AM
this game has got some poor reviews every where i look so i,m staying clear 4 now. i heard its in the saga frontier seris (damn i want saga frontier 2 but i cant find it anywhere :mad2: )

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-02-2004, 12:52 PM
It's in the SaGa series, actually which also includes SaGa 1-3, Romancing SaGa 1-3, and SaGa Frontier 1 & 2.

Most people do not like SaGa games, so the reaction to Unlimited wasn't too surprising, except it's supposed to be especially bad in addition to all the normal reasons.

Avalon_Beouvle07
06-10-2004, 11:46 PM
*burns Unlimited Saga* Unlimited Saga isn't really bad......*gathers mob to burn all of Unlimited Saga games* heehee.....

Dignified Pauper
06-17-2004, 08:11 AM
It's not bad really, it's just WAY DIFFERENT from usual RPG's. Very confusing controls to maneuver, but once you get used to it, it's rather simple. The game itself is possibly harder than 7th Saga, which I would consider the hardest game of all time.

CloudySky
06-19-2004, 11:37 PM
I'm considering to buy or not to buy it. I like hard games. Can anyone owning it post here what's good and what's bad in this game? And may be it's similar to any other well known games.

Ultima Shadow
06-19-2004, 11:45 PM
One of my friends have it and... well, yea, IT IS CONFUSING! I didn't understand anything at all. I don't recomend this game to anyone.

CloudySky
06-20-2004, 12:21 AM
UltSh, can You be more precise, please. What is confusing?

Dignified Pauper
06-20-2004, 06:17 AM
Pretty much everything is confusing about it. Menu's, battles, town maneuvering, it takes a LONG time to get the feel of it, but once you do, it's simple.

master01
09-24-2004, 07:25 PM
well... i bought the game last night... played for 8 hours or so.

it's not a bad game, it's complex, and hard, and refreshing... but... well... it's just not final fantasy... there's something missing... maybe it's the fact that you can not run from battles, maybe it's becausr LP's too low... it's just not... it...

i enjoy the game, it is a good game... but not one of the best...
ill give him 7.3...

hmph... at least i got it for mega chipe...

DJZen
09-24-2004, 10:51 PM
Maybe it's just not Final Fantasy because..... uhhhh..... It's not Final Fantasy? I was curious about why people disliked this game so much. I liked the original SaGa games, never played any after those though. Is there something especially glaring that makes this title noteworthy?

Wait..... HARDER than 7th Saga? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!

Necronopticous
09-25-2004, 12:14 AM
I own this game and I love it.

Just because I love this game, however, I don't expect most others to feel the same way. The game is much different from probably anything else you've ever played, which is enough to throw 70% of people into the mindset that "IT SUCKS!" right off the bat.

You're not going to start playing this game and think, "WOW! THESE GRAPHICS ARE AWESOME!!!" The entire game is menu and board driven, in that, beside the battles, you're going to be feeling like you're playing a D&D style board game such as Hero's Quest or something. Personally, I think it's a good feeling game and it plays out solid. You never walk your character around engine-intensive areas with blowing trees, running waterfalls, and other empirical luxuries. Instead you'll see a colored piece, much like a piece on a board game, you'll step it around a map and explore what it has to offer. Anything that requires interaction, eg. picking a lock, attacking an enemy, will be on a luck reel, sort of like rolling a die in D&D.

If you're up for something new and have the ability to be interested in something even if it doesn't have spectacular graphics screaming in your face every second that you play like some of Square's other games. You may find this game to your liking, to the other 95% of people that play video games, you'll throw this game in the garbage.

Personally, I think the game is a fun, challenging, and enjoyable experience, probably an 8 out of 10 in my book. But my book is typically not accepted by most others, especially all of those people who think Final Fantasy VII was the only worthwhile thing Square ever released.

Theoretically, you should all buy this game whether you like it or not, simply to atone for the sin most of you commited by not going to see Final Fantasy The Spirits Within and making Square almost go out of business, SHAME ON YOU.

aeris2001x2
09-25-2004, 12:38 AM
i did go see the spirits within. i think most of us did. too bad it sucked or non FF fans may have watched.

DJZen
09-25-2004, 04:49 AM
Wait.... so it's like SaGa, The Board Game? I could dig that....

Necronopticous
09-25-2004, 07:45 AM
i did go see the spirits within. i think most of us did. too bad it sucked or non FF fans may have watched.

There is no end to how good this film was.

master01
09-25-2004, 10:28 AM
but as for the game, i allready told, it's a very fun game. but... there's a feeling of emptyness... i cant realy say... maybe ill change my mind after ill finish him...

-N-
09-25-2004, 11:10 AM
Board games are boring, unless they involve drinking.

DJZen
09-27-2004, 01:59 AM
You've obviously never played Clue properly.

Necronopticous
09-27-2004, 02:28 AM
I said D&D style board games, I don't mean Life or Monopoly, I mean like Hero's Quest, which is one of the most entertaining experiences I ever had in my young life. It's also addicting, if you get into Hero's Quest with a good friend, you will fall helplessly into it and play it every day.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/699

aeris2001x2
09-27-2004, 05:43 PM
There is no end to how good this film was.

i guess its just opinion then. but this film put me to sleep. i might have liked it if it was a normal film...but i expected much more from something with Final Fantasy on it.

DJZen
09-30-2004, 06:33 AM
And that's the problem. Buddha teaches us not to expect.

Be like the Buddha :)