PDA

View Full Version : Red Mage doesn't suck

Del Murder
05-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Actually maybe you think he does. I don't really care or want to hear it. What I do want to hear is what types of magic you give your Red Mage. More black or more white? So far mine has all black except for two cure spells. I haven't found any lower level white magic that looks compelling.

black orb
05-29-2004, 11:18 PM
>>> RM is a good class, RW doesnt.. and BB sucks.

Flashback007
05-29-2004, 11:25 PM
I think Red Mage and Red Wizard are very good jobs, cause they attack good and they have good magic. To answer the question: I used it a lot for black magic, but cure spells were more important for me, so that I could cure twice. And when it was safe, I could cast two times a black magic spell, like Fire against a Ice-monster.

Rei
05-30-2004, 10:42 PM
I gave him two Cure spells and a Life spell. The rest were elements and Haste. It was pretty nice.

TasteyPies
05-30-2004, 11:46 PM
RM are great unless you give them W and B magic. Theyare good at playing 2 roles but 3 is overdoing it

SO....either all black or all white is what i would give my Rmage

Think, a black mage that can whoop out a sword and chop your head off or......a black mage that can poke you with a knife. plus the defense roxxors too, nothing wrong with RM unless you go black and white because then you run out of magic trying to play 2 magic casters with half the points.

omnitarian
05-31-2004, 04:52 AM
I think loading your RM with an exclusive type of magic is very wasteful. Every level of magic has spells you will never use, and it's not too hard at all to reach a good balance. I always give my RM the following spells:

LV1: Cure, Fire, Lit
LV2: Ice, Invis, ALit
LV3: Fire2, Lit2, Cure2
LV4: Ice2, Fast, Pure
LV5: Cure3, Fire3, Life
LV6: Exit, Bolt3, Invs2
LV7: Ice3, Arub

Rainecloud
05-31-2004, 08:24 AM
I usually give him a mixed bag of spells, just to be different.

I tend to overload on the cure spells, though.

Cz
05-31-2004, 09:22 AM
Healing magic is my first priority when buying an RM's spells, but there are useful spells in both classes of magic, and I don't like to miss out on them. So it's a mixed bag for me.

aeris2001x2
05-31-2004, 08:17 PM
ultimately though i,d say hes great in the first half of the game as bm and wm are both very weak in attack. but after class change his attack is not as good as knight or ninja and he cant learn the best spells. i,d probably pick him instead of a theif but thats about it. fighter, black mage and white mage are pretty much essential for me.

The Man
06-01-2004, 01:33 AM
I haven't really played FF1 much, so I can't accurately say, although I'd be likely to gravitate towards the black spells since I tend to regard the best defense as a good offence.

That said, I'd like to note that Red Mage is in fact a pimp. http://foolsgold.kicks-ass.net/forum/images/smilies/ezpimp.gif

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-01-2004, 04:52 AM
I give him the best of both magics he can learn, that way he's versatile, just like he's supposed to be.

Rase
06-01-2004, 05:29 AM
I give him the best of both magics he can learn, that way he's versatile, just like he's supposed to be.

Sword Chucks
06-24-2004, 07:49 PM
I ALWAYS give my Red Mage black magic; I want him to always be an attcker. But if there is empty space for a spell, I'll give him White Magic to fill it up.