PDA

View Full Version : >> [A] Blade of Immortal art.

black orb
05-30-2004, 04:20 AM
>>> My latest artwork. Check it out.. (http://www.ffenv.com/lp/non/boi.htm)

Ouch!
05-30-2004, 04:35 AM
That's awesome, just awesome. Great job.

escobert
05-30-2004, 05:25 AM
Wow. thats REALLY good. amazing is all I can think of right now.

Breine
05-30-2004, 07:25 PM
Wow! That's amazing. I really love your style and the color work is fantastic. Nice! :)

Rye
05-30-2004, 08:17 PM
Woah. That's really amazing. Everything, I'm really impressed. Is that an original character you drew or is that Samurai Jack?

Wrexsoul
05-30-2004, 09:04 PM
Um..... whoa. :eek: That's friggin' awesome. The brush strokes really add to the motion and feel of it.

black orb
05-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Is that an original character you drew or is that Samurai Jack?
>>> The reference picture is an official Blade of Immortal art by Hiroaki Samura...
Thanks for the comments..

fire_of_avalon
05-31-2004, 07:09 AM
Yay! I really like Blade of the Immortal and your rendition is wonderful. Very rich in color :)

Shadow Nexus
05-31-2004, 12:45 PM
Woah, that kicks ass. I find the color amazing. The drawing is also awesome, of course, but it's a reproduction from another picture. Bah, it's still amazing.

By the way, how much time have you been doing acrylics? You results are preety good, I must say, and I have become tired of CGs myself, I am interested in starting acrylics paintings, much more fun and much more natural, the computer graphics kinda...dehumanizes it in some way, because you are not painting over the real thing. And it's not as fun either, but it is less messy.

So well, even if acrylics and watercolors are preety expensive (Well, good watercolors are, school watercolors are not, but those suck) I see this picture and get the tentation on learning, after all, in the past year I have only done one picture in color because CGs bore me.

Any tips?

Kami
05-31-2004, 03:20 PM
Did you use paint in your artwork? Very impressive.

Edit: oh you used acrylics *is stupid*

*angel tears*
05-31-2004, 04:39 PM
wowies!!!!im really impressed when someone actually hand paints there stuff. Its really beautiful, cant wait to see more! ^_^

Snowman
05-31-2004, 05:27 PM
nice bright colours, it reminds me of crayons lol but thats good, because it's bringing out the funof the art

eternalshiva
05-31-2004, 06:20 PM
O_O woooow

You just reminded me why I was stalking you in the first place Orb ^^ Good job! It's very detailed and well made ^^

ooo it almost looks like you used pastels err is that what they're called in english? Like greasy crayons. I'm an idiot with English terms :/

Leeza
05-31-2004, 07:29 PM
My first thoughts were Wow! and Awesome! and Amazing!, but I guess those were everyone else's thoughts as well. :)

Good mix of colours. Excellent job. :)

Ki Ki
06-01-2004, 01:19 AM
That's SO excellent, in a dark...crazy immortal killer kinda way.

black orb
06-01-2004, 01:44 AM
By the way, how much time have you been doing acrylics?
>>> http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=44926
that was my first try with acrylics, like 3 months ago..

So well, even if acrylics and watercolors are preety expensive (Well, good watercolors are, school watercolors are not, but those suck) I see this picture and get the tentation on learning, after all, in the past year I have only done one picture in color because CGs bore me.
>>> Acrylics arent that expensive. I just used like 5 basic colors for that picture, the rest was just mixtures.

Any tips?
>>> Well, the canvas is very important. You need to use a rigid surface/canvas like wood or a cardboard (I wonder if thats the correct word), then work the surface with
Gesso (http://www.art-boards.com/Acrylic%20Panel%20Gesso.htm).. all the acrylics are very thick, so you must work them with water or with this other thing called Medium (http://www.maxwellsartstore.com/AcrylicMediums.html)..

Thanks again for all the comments..

Snowman
06-01-2004, 02:00 PM
watercolours are remarkably cheap.....it's oils that are expensive. and most pastels should be chalky unlike crayons

Chaos
06-09-2004, 12:05 AM
I likes it. Lots.

The colours are great, lots of people tend to go straight in for watercolours, but acrylics if done well look great. You use them goodly my friend.

Chaos

Carnage
06-09-2004, 01:05 AM
Its magic