PDA

View Full Version : A serious internet trend that needs to end. (I'm being serious)

Erdrick Holmes
05-30-2004, 06:52 AM
Im taking this from my LJ

There seems to be a trend of flash animations that do something to make the user stare at the screen (Example: Read this text to find the subliminal message, or look around to see what's wrong with this picture)

Well I plan on making a petition to put an end to that as soon as I can. I mean think about it, these things have some kind of gimmic to get people to click them to see what the deal is, well what if somebody with a heart condition sees a link saying "Click here to read this funny story." and he/she thinks, "Wow, I need a good laugh to get over my heart disease problems tha effect my lifestyle" (they won't actually say that but you know what I mean) and then as they read the text or look at the picture and some bloody severed heads, burt courpses, other creepy bling with a loud screaming noise, shiek, or some other assortment of loud blerbs pops up and they fall down on the ground haviong a heart attack or a stroke. Then their medicalert neckalce goes off then the ambulence takes them to the hospital and they die before they arrive due to the freaking heart contractions they've had.

Don't you think that these need to be done away with?

C'mon Joel, you know not to swear -Gau

crono_logical
05-30-2004, 06:54 AM
I've removed flash plugins from my browsers, so I don't particularly care about trash stuff like that :p

TheAbominatrix
05-30-2004, 06:59 AM
I think useless petitions that do absolutely nothing no matter how many people sign (this petition isnt enforcable, you know that right?) is the internet trend that needs to end. I find it far more annoying.

Shlup
05-30-2004, 07:04 AM
Flash animations don't kill people, people kill people.

Yamaneko
05-30-2004, 07:41 AM
I kill people who make flash animations which kill people.

Strider
05-30-2004, 07:43 AM
White bunnies with sharp pointy teeth kill people, too, so what's your point?

And no, those things need to stay because it's great to catch friends with them. I made a friend of mine fall out of his chair with one of those a few years back. It was awesome.

Meat Puppet
05-30-2004, 07:46 AM
I've never seen them, just don't give me the link because I suffer from heart problems.

I'm not lying. :mad2:

Shlup
05-30-2004, 08:30 AM
According to the bonebreak Yahoo! group (http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/bonebreak/), approximately 500 people die in the bathtub everyyear. Versus how many dying from Flash animations? 0?

Down with bathtubs, I say!

Erdrick Holmes
05-30-2004, 08:46 AM
Amen th that.

Seriously though, somebody showed me one today, it scared me so badly I've been up all night just to be sure that I feel sleep beforte my moniter went into standby mode to keep a sort of glow in in the room, it's giving me the sumertime insomnia.

Rainecloud
05-30-2004, 08:48 AM
I hated them from the very beginning, especially after that horrible ghost made me jump.

Whoever came up with the idea should be shot. :(

-U-Weapon-
05-30-2004, 10:01 AM
i dont think they should be "banned" moreso the people that are stupid enough to send to people with a heart condition, get some sense. (people who do this, not you Joel)

Rye
05-30-2004, 12:16 PM
I think they're funny, but to be honest, you *know* that they're like that from the start. I mean: "Stare at the screen and put your volume to max." Seems kinda obvious, no?

Psychotic
05-30-2004, 02:32 PM
http://mysite.freeserve.com/psychoticville/joelchicken.html

JOEL! I MADE ONE JUST FOR YOU! I know you'll love them after this! I sure do, it helped me waste like, 10 minutes of my life making it!

Peegee
05-30-2004, 02:51 PM
Yeah, way back in theblackgoku days I learned about that 'find something wrong with this pic' flash animation/gif/whatever.

-_-

DMKA
05-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Flash animations don't kill people, people kill people.
xD

Yeah I really don't like them. I saw once on albinoblacksheep.com that was an assortment of "Optical Illusions" and then this weird looking rat thing with big scary teeth screaming pops out. That one scared me so bad it stuck with me for about a week. Also one about subliminal messages that showed a bunch of nasty crap. Ahh. :cry:

Erdrick Holmes
05-30-2004, 03:21 PM
Psy, I'm not even going to click that. You're trying to kill me here, man.

Psychotic
05-30-2004, 03:23 PM
No no, click it! IT HAS YOU IN IT! :D

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-30-2004, 04:40 PM
Psy. I love you.

DMKA
05-30-2004, 04:43 PM
Omg psy. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

ZeZipster
05-30-2004, 04:45 PM
srzly joel dun click psys link it ofended my race

Psychotic
05-30-2004, 05:15 PM
srzly joel dun click psys link it ofended my race

The race of chickens?

MecaKane
05-30-2004, 05:23 PM
Awww, did the big bad flash animation scare you? Don't worry little joely, mamma'll protect you from those mean ol' flashie washies.

Erdrick Holmes
05-30-2004, 05:25 PM
Psy, I just watched it, that made me laugh.

Kane, never post in a thread made by me, ever.

ZeZipster
05-30-2004, 05:26 PM
The race of chickens?
Yes

MecaKane
05-30-2004, 05:41 PM
Joel, last time I checked you weren't in a position to tell anyone, least of all me, what to do.

Erdrick Holmes
05-30-2004, 05:43 PM
I beleive I just did.

RSL
05-30-2004, 07:53 PM
That's enough of that.

Joel, you cannot tell someone not to post in your thread. What you can do is ignore a post or put someone on your ignore list.

Del Murder
05-31-2004, 01:07 AM
Don't forget that Kane's comment was inappropriate to begin with. If you have a problem with another member, do not post in their thread to tease them and otherwise try and push their buttons.