PDA

View Full Version : Is it very wrong?

Mikztsu
05-30-2004, 07:07 PM
Most of us eats animals just for the heck of it and because they taste good.

I kill fluffy and noisy animals just to keep myself sane and suddenly I'm a "monster" and "murderer". Now how messed up is that? :confused:

I think sanity is a LITTLE BIT more important than how something tastes.

At least to me, but my values are mine.

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-30-2004, 07:14 PM
But according to that vegan guy eating animals IS murder! For shame, Mik! FOR SHAME!

Rye
05-30-2004, 07:16 PM
But according to that vegan guy eating animals IS murder! For shame, Mik! FOR SHAME!

Oh man, I must be a serial killer then. I probably wouldn't be able to go a week without eating meat.

Breine
05-30-2004, 07:18 PM
We are just the top of the food chain... or something.

Masami
05-30-2004, 07:21 PM
As long as you don't eat the cute animals.

Peegee
05-30-2004, 07:25 PM
To live is to kill anyway. You kill bacteria, plants, cows, or pigs, or whatever. Not all life is equal in 'value', and I'm starting to question whether value is universal -- I don't think it is, and it seems a bit human-centric (what is the word?)

Mikztsu
05-30-2004, 07:29 PM
As long as you don't eat the cute animals.

Birds are only cute when they're dead. *n.n*

Masami
05-30-2004, 07:33 PM
Birds are only cute when they're dead. *n.n*

That is especially true for crows, damn kawing bastards.

I should make a list of all animals that I don't particulary care for. Those are the animals that it's okay to eat.

Rainecloud
05-30-2004, 07:36 PM
As I said last time, even if certain people didn't eat meat, it wouldn't stop the mass culling that's taking place right now. So, if animals are irritating you with their constant stupid noises and ridiculous activities, simply shoot them in the head or poison their food.

They can't exactly protest.

Mikztsu
05-30-2004, 07:37 PM
That's the spirit.

I'd urge you to make that list, just out of curiousity. Even if there would be some animals that people aren't normally eating. :)

Lindy
05-30-2004, 07:38 PM
I should make a list of all animals that I don't particulary care for. Those are the animals that it's okay to eat.
Raccoons for dinner again? Wait, that's just hot dogs.

Lord Xehanort
05-30-2004, 08:08 PM
We are just the top of the food chain... or something.

Well said! (Don'tcha just luv him? He's got the 'Breines' [Brains] and the Brawn!)

I love eating meat. Steak, ham, bacon, chicken, turkey, venison (barbecued only), sausage (hee-hee... dirty) *drools*

Meat Puppet
05-30-2004, 08:22 PM
We're only at the top of the food chain because we have been abnormally placed there using technology. Get in a fist fight with a hungry [animal;male] and you'd be at the bottom of his food chain. Yum Yum. That's how I'd want to die ;)

Mikztsu
05-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Nononono. This isn't moralizationing whether eating animals is right or wrong and we just had a topic about that. Here we discuss about killing them and why is it just and right.

For example, I feel it's justified to kill some birds if they keep chirping, looking stupid and being all-annoying when I'm supposed to sleep. And since they keep bothering me often, it's not even wrong to take satisfaction out of killing them.

Leeza
05-30-2004, 08:44 PM
Just show them this, Mik. It should scare away any birdies that are bothering you. :)

http://leeza160.homestead.com/files/LilyWhitesig2.jpg

Mikztsu
05-30-2004, 08:57 PM
But it has the same effect on me and YOU KNOW IT. :mad2:

Shlup
05-30-2004, 08:59 PM
Meat is murder.

Delicious, juicy murder... :catsmile:

Cz
05-30-2004, 09:10 PM
It's not murder if you don't get caught, and animal corpses are easier to hide.

Both very important lessons for life.

Psychotic
05-30-2004, 09:39 PM
I can't think of a single type of food that isn't produced without the death of one organism or another. But what do I care? I'm the top of the food chain, and the animals would TOTALLY eat humans if they were strong/intelligent enough.

How does that phrase go "I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to become a vegetarian". Humans have killed animals for millenia, and long may it continue. Besides, being a vegetarian isn't going to stop animals being killed anyway. *kills a badger*

As for killing for sport, hmmm, that might be a different matter entirely.

Nyomi
05-30-2004, 10:01 PM
Eating meat is healthier for humans than just eating vegetation. Also, it is a part of nature that you have to kill to survive. Vegans kill plants, but the one's that don't consider that killing and murder are just hypocrites. I personally love all living things on this planet, minus most humans and parasites...>.< but that doesn't stop me from eating them. (No, I don't eat humans or parasites you sick freak... :p ) I love cows, but I still eat them. It's how we are. Don't get me wrong though, I have nothing against vegetarians and vegans, I have vegetarian friends, and the only problem I have is figuring out what to feed everyone when I have a get together...^_^;

Mikztsu
05-30-2004, 10:08 PM
So, everyone here accepts me killing animals just for my own revenge and pleasure because I've almost lost few nights sleeps because of them? =D?

Thanks everyone! If I had a big conscience, I'd probably feel pretty relived right now. :) *goes to poison some birds, squirrels and chipmunks*

Nyomi
05-30-2004, 10:10 PM
Well...I personally don't kill for pleasure...^_^; not my thing.

Mikztsu
05-30-2004, 10:18 PM
Well...I personally don't kill for pleasure...^_^; not my thing.

Killing and ripping ears off from that cute little bunny ( ^____^) who didn't let you sleep, kept waking you up purposely, annoyed you, ate all your carrots wouldn't give you any kind of pleasure? Come on. ;-)

Calliope
05-31-2004, 06:13 AM
KIWL THE WAAAAAAAAAABBIT!

:hat:

eestlinc
05-31-2004, 06:31 AM
if you'd been a dog they'd've drowned you at birth

squash his head
shove him in the pot!

Polaris
05-31-2004, 02:00 PM
What causes me more pain is to be eating and remeber that that was an animal just like me that have meat, eyes, mouth and then when I stop thinking of this I'm not ungry anymore!

It's not wrong! I prefer to eat fish, but then i start to think of those poor animals in the midle of the sea and after I rember Nemo!

Which is worst!

I wanted to become a veg. but I don't like vegs!

Kirobaito
05-31-2004, 08:04 PM
Killing your own animals is perfectly fine; in fact, it's fun!

I once killed about 5 raccoons in one hunting trip, and it really made me feel good inside. They weren't being annoying or anything, but I had a gun, and I wanted to shoot it.

Peegee
05-31-2004, 08:40 PM
It is morally right to happily eat animals, and immoral to be a judgemental vegetarian *nod*

*gets banned* xD

Cz
05-31-2004, 10:56 PM
Hold on. Since the Theory of Evolution is now widely accepted as truth, making man just another animal, does that make cannibalism morally acceptable?

No. But it's an interesting thought.

Mikztsu
05-31-2004, 11:38 PM
Eating people is fine as long as you don't hurt anyone/eat anyone's relative. BUT, in my opinion it's fine only if you're really hungry and don't have much money for food.

Otherwise...just no.

Chaos
05-31-2004, 11:49 PM
I think killing animals just because they happen to be in your way, or because they are annoying you is just wrong. I mean, would you kill a person for doing that?

If humans are animals then its all the same.

I would dislike doing it immensly. We havent got the right to do it. But I eat meat, simply because I think humans were supposed to eat meat. *shrugs*
Ethical questions can never be answered easily.

Chaos

Mikztsu
05-31-2004, 11:55 PM
I think killing animals just because they happen to be in your way, or because they are annoying you is just wrong. I mean, would you kill a person for doing that?

If humans are animals then its all the same.

wuteva Chaos, speak 2 da hand, you tree-huggin hippie! Can't you find a tree from somewhere where you could chain yourself?! :)

Some people do. Not me, though. Because humans are humans and animals are animals. =)

SomethingBig
06-01-2004, 12:02 AM
I remember killing my classmate for stealing my shoelace, once. That's okay, don't you think?

Doomgaze
06-01-2004, 07:36 AM
Mik. Can't you just burn down the trees that the birds are in or something? Napalm or something, you know.

Shlup
06-01-2004, 07:43 AM
The only reason I even kill ants is by accident. When they infest my room I just remove the source of their food and they go away. :/

Silmaril
06-01-2004, 12:09 PM
I eat meat. but i don't like killing for the mere fun of it.
Except the quail...There's a bird near my house which starts chirping at 3:00 am. I swear i want to kill it. i want to throttle it. i want to rip its heart out, i want it to die watching it's heart stop beating. Filthy brid.

Ki Ki
06-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Life revolves around death.
You know....there couldn't really be any life without death.
Jus think of it this way...we're not killing anything. We're jus eating the already dead and thus making room for the 'new generation' of FOOD.

Kiroku
06-01-2004, 08:54 PM
people aren't exactly the best taisting meat, hard to cook. as for animals I won't kill them on purpose unless I plan on eating it, accept crows, damn busserds. as for people, i'll kill them for fun.

Dr Unne
06-01-2004, 10:29 PM
You know a cow would eat me in a second if it had the chance. Eating beef is merely self-defense.

ZeZipster
06-01-2004, 10:38 PM
Dr Unne makes a good point. The is the same reason I eat every thing I eat. Especially baked oranges...

:mad2: THEY WON'T GET THE LAST LAUGH!