PDA

View Full Version : Best Final Fantasy Endings

Ragnar[PT]
05-31-2004, 05:28 PM
Ok people, wich FF ending was the best for u?

Ultima Shadow
05-31-2004, 05:34 PM
FFVI... i think.

Armisael
05-31-2004, 05:43 PM
i am between FFVIII and FFIX but i like more FFIX's ending and i think it is the best ending of all FFseries.

Del Murder
05-31-2004, 05:46 PM
VI and IX had the best endings.

Sefie1999AD
05-31-2004, 06:01 PM
According to the "Worst Ending" poll, most people will probably disagree with me, but I think FFIX has the best ending in the series. There's a lot of emotions involved in the ending, and I thought both its sad and happy parts were well done.

aeris2001x2
05-31-2004, 08:53 PM
i know its a cliche but nothing touches ffVII end, not even ffVI and considering ffVI end is amazing i must really worship ffVII.

Xander
05-31-2004, 09:10 PM
I've only finished VII, IX and X so far but out of those, IX was by far my favourite ending, it's so wonderful <3

System Id
05-31-2004, 11:25 PM
My favorite ending is VIII. It kept me entertained throughout (unlike IX) and didn't have me thinking "okay, where's the rest of it?" after it was over (unlike VII). X had a pretty good ending too, even though it was a little too sappy for my tastes.

Felldoh
06-01-2004, 01:36 AM
VI had my favorite ending, but I quite liked the endings to VIII and IX.

The Man
06-01-2004, 01:41 AM
FF6 and FF5 still had the best endings I've seen. The FMV-laden sequences honestly haven't impressed me as much.

black orb
06-01-2004, 02:07 AM
>>> FF7..

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-01-2004, 02:30 AM
I'll say FFV. It has the only ending whose events can be altered by actions taken in the game besides FFIX (and to a much larger degree than that). It also has probably the best ending music in the series, from "The Silend Beyond" to "Final Fantasy" (you know, "Prologue") to "The New Origin." It's just great when that last one gets to its most triumphant part just as we're shown the four heroes, one after another, fighting an enemy and going into a close-up and freezing while a list of their level and the abilities they've learned scrolls by.

The only down note on it is the staff roll sequence; Batz, Reina, and Faris trek across an endless frontier on chocoboback while Klulu rides above on the flying dragon. The graphics are nice, complete with sprites that face diagonally and chocobos that set the precedent for the ones seen in-game in FFVI, but it's terribly bland, just like the "let's look at the Falcon flying from different angles for five minutes" sequence from FFVI's staff roll. I can definitely appreciate that FFVIII and FFIX were the only ones to find ways to make this part of the ending interesting--either by amusing camcorder footage of endearing character interaction (which ironically was missing from most of the rest of the game) or by sentimental reruns of FMVs, respectively.

The Man
06-01-2004, 02:31 AM
I'm given to understand that much of the blandness of FFVIII may be due to a poor translation - apparently, in the Japanese version of the game, Squall's feelings for Rinoa don't seem to come out of nowhere so much, for instance. Woolsey's shoddy work certainly reduced the appeal of Holy Sword Legend 2 for me, so I can see how such a thing would be detrimental towards a game.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-01-2004, 02:33 AM
Aaron...did you mean to post that in this thread?

The Man
06-01-2004, 02:40 AM
Yeah, I was responding to your reference to "endearing character interaction (which ironically was missing from most of the rest of [FFVIII])." Should've made that clearer, apparently.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-01-2004, 02:48 AM
While I was referring to the entire main cast, not just Squall and Rinoa, it definitely wasn't a matter of translation. It was more of a case of the characters simply not even talking to one another enough, regardless of what they were translated as saying.

Let's not digress, though.

The Man
06-01-2004, 03:01 AM
Sounds fair enough. I've yet to experience FFVIII for myself anyway; whether that's good or not is open to debate, but certainly not here. ;)

Kirobaito
06-01-2004, 04:24 AM
I'd say VI. But I'm not quite sure why. :p

Outsider
06-01-2004, 09:30 AM
FFTactics.

It's so sad, and yet so perfect.

Sefie1999AD
06-01-2004, 10:31 AM
I'll say FFV. It has the only ending whose events can be altered by actions taken in the game besides FFIX (and to a much larger degree than that). It also has probably the best ending music in the series, from "The Silend Beyond" to "Final Fantasy" (you know, "Prologue") to "The New Origin." It's just great when that last one gets to its most triumphant part just as we're shown the four heroes, one after another, fighting an enemy and going into a close-up and freezing while a list of their level and the abilities they've learned scrolls by.

*FF5 SPOILERS!*

The ending can't be altered that much, really. One difference is that there are different abilities listed on the final ability list every time you play and beat the game (depending on what you've learned), and another difference is how wounded/petrified/zombied characters stay behind in the Void when the others escape. This changes the memory scenes in "A letter to Cid" scene a bit, but it doesn't change the storyline since the characters who were left behind will return anyway when you visit the big tree. Oh well, FFV's ending is still a very good one. There isn't many bad endings in the series, IMHO.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-01-2004, 07:48 PM
But that still sets it apart from almost all the other endings, which can't be altered at all.

Dearest Tragedy
06-01-2004, 08:04 PM
I really loved the ending of X, it was so tragic.

But by the time I played X, it was already well known that X-2 was coming out and what the game was about, so I already knew how X would end. It was still really sad though.

Carnage
06-01-2004, 08:34 PM
final fantasy X. i like tragedies dont know why though.

Jolts
06-01-2004, 09:08 PM
The only Final Fantasy endings I've seen are with FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2, and FFT. Out of that, I choose............................FFVII. FFT's was alright, but it was mostly text, and I don't like reading.

AaronD
06-04-2004, 04:10 AM
i've only beaten 7 and T i never got through the other i lost intrest...well i got to last boss of FFIV he was so hard that i didnt feel like lvling up so i gave up lol... but out of those two i choose FFT....it kept me wanting more to happen when it was over.

Snowman
06-04-2004, 01:12 PM
FF8. it looked like a tradgedy like seven and then pulled through.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-04-2004, 04:24 PM
I liked X's ending quite a bit, Tactics had a good one, as did VI and VII.

Seryn Kai
06-05-2004, 07:06 AM
So far, I've played FF's 7-X-2, I mean to get round to playing FF4 on the PS eventually, I played it once, got stuck with Zeromus, and eventually started playing something while I came up with a strategy and then though that maybe I should start again for the purpose of easy, quick, level building. I mean to play 5 and 6 as well sooner or later. My favourite ending was to X-2 because Shuyin's final fate was so moving. I also liked 9's and 10's ending's. 9's isn't really a "happy ending" the way people say, sure most of Gaia's problems were fixed and Zidane and Garnet were reunited, but what about Kuja?! Sure he was a bad guy who tried to wipe everyone out, but he was killed just as he was beginning to value life, it was such a shame even if what he did was wrong.

Mossy
06-05-2004, 05:43 PM
I really loved the ending of X, it was so tragic.

But by the time I played X, it was already well known that X-2 was coming out and what the game was about, so I already knew how X would end. It was still really sad though.

I really like final fantasy X, and I love the ending, although I would have liked it to be longer! It was so sad....... The bit where Tidus puts his arms round Yuna, though he's all see-through......*Sniff* I knew kinda the end before I played it too, because my friend had the game long before i did, so we talked about it and i knew that Tidus was going to die or dissappear of something. But I still really enjoyed the game, through the bits where Tidus found out Yuna was going to die if she did the final summoning, and the bit where Tidus dissappeared weren't a surprise.

I love all of the FF's I've played equally.........but FFVIII Is great, I love the ending. All of the game, really.

Snowman
06-05-2004, 07:02 PM
there wasnt enough FMV in X for me....but teh story was touching

The Man
06-05-2004, 09:32 PM
there wasnt enough FMV in X for me.
Umm, what? FFX is the most FMV-laden game I've ever played, except maybe Xenosaga (which I haven't gotten far enough into to say for sure).

Snowman
06-05-2004, 09:45 PM
i was reffering to FFX's end, which was FMV sparse, instead we went to the in game graphics for most of it with little dotterings of FMV. that said the FMV was lovely in game......but there didn "feel" like there was that much with it all broken up into tiny sequences.....at least in eight it felt heavyer and more important....and most of the end was FMV

The Man
06-05-2004, 10:13 PM
Bah, makes sense. There should've been an FMV at least of Auron being sent, I'll agree with you on that xD

Trumpet Thief
06-05-2004, 10:34 PM
*Spoiler for FFVI*

I thought Final Fantasy VI's ending was the best, especially the part when I thought Terra wasn't going to make it; one of the best I had ever seen

Snowman
06-06-2004, 10:56 AM
or when auron.....lol

i loved that you were left wondering all the way through the final titles on 8 to see if squall lived or not, and then you get that burst of happyness when he does. Nanaki and his kids were cool too