PDA

View Full Version : that evil machine!

queen of the jungle
05-31-2004, 06:46 PM
ok so after a long period of boredom i have decided to start ff8 again. this time i really wanna defeat that big spider thing at the SeeD test, but it keeps repairing itself! 3 successive ultimas + 2 gf attacks or The End wouldnt kill it! have any of u guys killed it b4 an if so how???? PLEASE help im begging you!!!!

aeris2001x2
05-31-2004, 08:32 PM
u can only finish it on the bridge. i just defeated it like 6 or so times with thudara and quezacotl up to the bridge. then there if u beat it it will explode. u get like 50ap for each victory so i had about 400 ap or so :D

the key is to be fast. i,m not sure how strong i was when i beat it but i was pretty hard so u made need some more lving and junctioning.

Lord Xehanort
05-31-2004, 11:36 PM
How did you have Ultimas in that stage of the game?

Plenty_Purple
05-31-2004, 11:41 PM
Seriously, if you know the secret to getting Ultimas this early in the game then should beating a metal spider be all that difficult for you?

Fight it all 8 times and you'll defeat it on the bridge.

queen of the jungle
06-01-2004, 05:51 PM
i got ultima and meteor etc. from selphies limit breaks- they do the damage without wasting time waiting for a GF to finish its attack. And thanx sooo much 4 all ur help! I still havent beaten it, but im gettin really close now!

Big D
06-02-2004, 06:32 AM
You must fight it at least twice, but then you can defeat it for good - as the others have said. My advice would be to give Squall the elemental-attack of Thunder and also junction to increase his HP. Then, get his HP down so you can keep using Renzokuken. He'll deal a lot of damage. If you drew Double spells from the Evloret on top of the tower, use those so that your best magic-user can cast two thunder, thundara or Water spells on every turn. Your third character - usually Zell, in this case - should either attack normally or summon Quetzacotl, but he should definitely be ready as a healer, just in case.
Simply keep attacking, and the machine will go down in flames eventually.:)