PDA

View Full Version : help!!! stuck on evil wall in ffIV(spoilers)

aeris2001x2
05-31-2004, 07:44 PM
i just cant beat him before he gets close to me and uses crush like hell. this is the hardtype too so the tactic i have been using i learned would have worked in the easy but this just takes the ****.

any tips ppl? i cant see any visable effects from slow or hourglass2, but can they help? damn and i thought levithan could crush anything but even he cant stop this.

Rase
06-01-2004, 05:26 AM
Well, I don't think Slow or any variation of it affects the Evil Wall. But Fast/Haste does work on YOUR characters. I tend to just:

Beserk Cecil
Have Edge throw anything at all
Have Rydia summon her strongest Summon.
Have Rosa cast Fast/Haste on all characters, while also healing your party
Have Kain Jump.

TheAbominatrix
06-01-2004, 05:29 AM
I do basically what DPC does, but substitute Rydia's summoning for the Virus spell (I dunno if the PSX version changed the name or not), because it does a lot of damage, not as much as summoning, but far more quickly than a summon spell takes.

The Man
06-01-2004, 05:31 AM
The above two suggestions are shrewd. You may also want to try leveling up, since that seems to solve a good deal of FFIV-related problems rather efficiently.

Rase
06-01-2004, 05:34 AM
Well, leveling up the OBVIOUS solution, but usually people (a.k.a me) don't want to fight random battles for half an hour. But yeah, if your every stuck and have tried everything, leveling up is a good idea.

aeris2001x2
06-01-2004, 10:38 PM
lol i beat him like 5 mins after i left the libary and posted and your tips were what i used.

now i,m just trying to get through lunar subterane and thinking of how to beat that boss that casts doom on everyone and whether bahamat would help, but i cant beat him either. his mega fire does far too much. hell i have only just got odin, he was hard too

i suspect lving up would solve everything but i,m not a bad lv 48-52 last time i checked. and i dont want to lv up when i,m so close 2 the end. i want to lv up on my second play!!!

Storm
06-02-2004, 03:59 AM
I accidentally discovered a trick to defeating the Plague (the boss that casts doom on all your party members). Kill one of your characters and then revive them. As soon as you revive them, Plague will cast doom on everybody again and the doom counter will go back to 10 for each person.

As for Bahamut, you can win the battle by continuously casting wall on Rosa. Everytime Bahamut casts MegaFlare, the spell will be reflected. Be careful though, Wall can only withstand two rounds of reflecting MegaFlare.

aeris2001x2
06-02-2004, 04:02 AM
thank u so much with plague. i finally worked out bahamat(i just didnt thinked he of all summons could be reflected) earlier but plague oh my god. he only knows doom and haste right? so if i go in with low hp so i can easily kill myself i should be ok?

thanks so much :D

AaronD
06-18-2004, 05:52 AM
plague just do anything i beat him yesterday at like 45-50 just do anything to hurt him...cecil attack, rosa white if you got it, nuke/bahamut whichever hurts more, throw or hit with edge, and jump...i won the battle with everyone on with the counter at 1