PDA

View Full Version : Rwagh Panda want Goat!

Peegee
05-31-2004, 08:42 PM
Do you shave your chest? What else on your body do you shave on a regular basis?

I have some stray hairs on my shoulder -- should I shave it? In fact, is there any part on my bother I shouldn't shave? What's the big deal about shaving anyway? Do you have a beard? How sexy is it? Do you get girls with it?

Discuss possums.

Levian
05-31-2004, 09:05 PM
In fact, is there any part on my bother I shouldn't shave? .

Are you trying to tell us that you're shaving your brother? :)

Anyway, I don't shave anything below my neck.

RSL
05-31-2004, 09:05 PM
Do you shave your chest? No.
What else on your body do you shave on a regular basis? Nothing

I have some stray hairs on my shoulder -- should I shave it? No
In fact, is there any part on my bother I shouldn't shave? Of your bother? What?
What's the big deal about shaving anyway? I don't know.
Do you have a beard? Yes.
How sexy is it? Very
Do you get girls with it? No...

Discuss possums. No thanks.

Peegee
05-31-2004, 09:11 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about. I didn't type "brother"

Rase
05-31-2004, 09:13 PM
Do you shave your chest? No need to.

What else on your body do you shave on a regular basis? My beard, except my goatee.

I have some stray hairs on my shoulder -- should I shave it? Nope.

In fact, is there any part on my bother I shouldn't shave? :confused:

What's the big deal about shaving anyway? It's another thing that seperates men and women.

Do you have a beard? Yes, I have a goatee.

How sexy is it? On a scale of one to ten, I think a 7.

Do you get girls with it? No, but I don't really care at the moment.

Discuss possums. OK. Possums
What is it?
The possum is high on cuteness, and equally high in nuisance value. The Australian brush tailed possum was introduced into New Zealand in 1837 to establish a fur trade.

In its native land the possum is up against dingoes, bush fires and less palatable vegetation, but in New Zealand conditions are so favourable it often breeds twice in one year. It is estimated that the New Zealand possum population now tops 70 million and chomps its way through seven million tonnes of vegetation per year.

Why are possums a problem?
The damage to native forests can be seen all too clearly in many areas. Possums ignore old leaves and select the best new growth. In some areas they have eaten whole canopies of rata, totara, titoki, kowhai and kohekohe.

Possums compete with native birds for habitat and for food such as insects and berries. They also disturb nesting birds, eat their eggs and chicks and may impact on native land snails.

Dairy and deer farmers have the added worry of possums spreading bovine tuberculosis.

Possums are a nuisance in suburban gardens, and sometimes even indoors.

Methods of control
Prevention: Deprive possums of nesting sites on your property by blocking off sheds and barns.

Individual trees can be protected with metal strips placed about a metre above ground level, as seen on telephone poles, to stop possums from climbing up.

You can protect trees with repellents such as the commercially-available Thiroprotect, or homemade mixtures such as:

10 parts melted fat to one part kerosene. Allow to set, then spread on the base of the tree.
5 fresh eggs, 600 ml water, 150 ml acrylic paint. Stir well and apply 20 ml per tree after planting.
Bait Stations:
Bait stations are widely used by possum control agencies to give sustained control of possum populations, with minimal risk to humans, pets or livestock. A wide range of baits and bait stations are now available.

Baits available for the home user include the cholecalciferol-based Campaign. No licence is required, but follow the manufacturer's instructions and be aware of the first aid steps if the poison is accidentally eaten by humans or domestic animals.

A range of bait stations are also available. Most are made from plastic and are sealed at the top but open at the bottom for feeding. Protection from the weather increases the effective life of the poison. Bait stations should be fixed above ground, such as in a tree, where the possums can easily reach the bait. They need to be placed high enough to be clear of children, pets, livestock and ground-feeding birds, such as weka.

Each bait station will cover a range of 100 metres. Site the station where the possum is looking for food or on identifiable possum runs.

Timms Traps:
This trap is a strong bright yellow plastic `box' which in itself acts as a lure. The possum puts its head into a keyhole opening, attracted by a bait such as apple, kiwifruit or orange. Fruit baits make it unlikely that animals such as cats will be caught. When the possum investigates the bait a trigger is released which brings a striker rod up under the possum's neck.

If the bait is too large or too small it won't set off the trigger. An ideal size is 25mm in diameter.

Set Timms traps close to dry nest sites, around trees known to be possum favourites, indoors in the rafters or nailed to fenceposts or trees. Take care to set them out of reach of pets, children and ground-feeding birds, such as weka.

Timms traps are widely available and come with a comprehensive leaflet of instructions.

Cage Traps:
These are steel mesh cages with a trap door which is triggered when the animal takes the bait. Small pieces of fruit or a trail of curry and flour can be laid outside the trap to attract the possum. Tie the main bait to the trigger arm and set the trip pin only far enough to prevent a light wind from releasing the door.

The disadvantage of the cage trap is that you still have to kill the possum. Given the destruction possums are wreaking on the environment and economy it is irresponsible to catch and release.

Cyanide:
To buy cyanide you need to be licenced by MAF, at a cost of about $100, and have the written approval of the landowner where you intend using the poison.

MAF will supply further details on the regulations covering this poison and the licence requirements.

Unlike bait stations, cyanide causes near-instant death of possums and allows easier recovery and monitoring of any operation. Cyanide is a highly volatile and toxic poison, which needs to be used with care.

It is available either in tubes and is mixed with feed paste, or in encapsulated form as Feratox.

RSL
05-31-2004, 09:14 PM
You typed bother, which makes even less sense than brother. So.. what did you mean by that?

Skogs
05-31-2004, 09:20 PM
Do you shave your chest?
No.

What else on your body do you shave on a regular basis?
Face, but on an irregular basis.

I have some stray hairs on my shoulder -- should I shave it?
If they're really bothering you. If I find any errant or oversized hairs I'll shave them off.

In fact, is there any part on my bother I shouldn't shave?
That's entirely your decision.

What's the big deal about shaving anyway?
Too much hair in many places, especially on the next, is annoying.

Do you have a beard?
I usually have some sort of 5 o'clock shadow, but no beard.

How sexy is it?
Very

Do you get girls with it?
No.

Discuss possums.
They crap everywhere.

Leeza
05-31-2004, 09:29 PM

What else on your body do you shave on a regular basis? My legs and underarms.

I have some stray hairs on my shoulder -- should I shave it? If they bother you. If they don't bother you, then leave them alone. What I would do though is take some tweezers and pull them out if you only have one or two.

In fact, is there any part on my bother I shouldn't shave? I think you meant to say <i>my <b>body</b></i>. I don't know if there's any part of your body that you wouldn't shave.

What's the big deal about shaving anyway? It's esthetically pleasing and feeling.

Do you have a beard? No.

How sexy is it? N/A

Do you get girls with it? N/A

Discuss possums. Possums remind me of Chaos and they're darn cute. :)

Denmark
05-31-2004, 09:29 PM
Presumably, by "bother", he meant "body". At least, that's how I interpreted it.

possums = pwesome. MY DAUGHTER WILL GET THAT :D

EDIT: Oh, and parts of your body you shouldn't shave? Butt.

Peegee
05-31-2004, 09:31 PM
It means exactly what you think it means, "RusSeL"

escobert
05-31-2004, 10:06 PM
What else on your body do you shave on a regular basis? Nothing

I have some stray hairs on my shoulder -- should I shave it? if you want to I guess...
In fact, is there any part on my bother I shouldn't shave? Of your bother? your butt
What's the big deal about shaving anyway?I dunno
How sexy is it? super sexy
Do you get girls with it? sometimes

Discuss possums. I dont feel like it.

GrimmReaper
05-31-2004, 10:12 PM
Do you shave your chest? No. I'd really Really feel like a bear if i did too.

What else on your body do you shave on a regular basis? regular basis? Nothing. I'm a lazy pansey like that....I try to shave my beard atleast once every 4 days though.

I have some stray hairs on my shoulder -- should I shave it? No

In fact, is there any part on my bother I shouldn't shave? you should'nt shave your bother you know.....it's very bothersome...

What's the big deal about shaving anyway? scruffeyness.

How sexy is it? I cant walk around without turning heads.

Do you get girls with it? Unfortunately not.

Levian
05-31-2004, 10:15 PM
Presumably, by "bother", he meant "body". At least, that's how I interpreted it.

Things are always more fun if you interpret it the wrong way :p

Peegee
05-31-2004, 10:22 PM
You guys are perverts. I'm embarrassed and frightened to play connect four with you guys

Kirobaito
05-31-2004, 10:34 PM

What else on your body do you shave on a regular basis? My face.

I have some stray hairs on my shoulder -- should I shave it? I really don't care.

In fact, is there any part on my bother I shouldn't shave? Your mom.

What's the big deal about shaving anyway? I look better with a clean-shaven face.

Do you have a beard? No.

How sexy is it? Do you get girls with it? N/A

Shlup
05-31-2004, 10:35 PM
I do not have any need to shave my chest. I don't like hair though, so areas of my body that do have hair get shaved regularly, indluding my arms.

Peegee
05-31-2004, 10:36 PM
What about your belleh, do you guys (or girls) shave that?

Shlup
05-31-2004, 10:58 PM
No. I do pluck one or two happy-trail hairs once in a while though if a dark one grows in.

Peegee
05-31-2004, 11:09 PM
Aren't you blonde? What's a 'dark' hair?

Lord Xehanort
05-31-2004, 11:17 PM
I shave everything except my eyebrows, eyelashes, and flat-top.

Yamaneko
05-31-2004, 11:18 PM
I only shave my face. Everything else stays the way nature intended it to stay.

Big D
06-01-2004, 12:35 AM
I trim the edges of my beard every second day, but that's all. I don't shave elsewhere, except the base of my throat when the random stray hairs start to get noticeable.

Contrary to the wider trend, most women find I look better with a beard than without.

Mikztsu
06-01-2004, 12:40 AM
Nothing wrong in shaving bodyhair. I dislike bodyhair a lot. I myself shave only my beard and pubic hair ( everyone should do that imho since it's cleaner, cooler and feels comfortable), but I would shave elsewhere also, if I grew excessive amounts of bodyhair there.

Right now I'm having a silly beard on my chin though.

TasteyPies
06-01-2004, 02:20 AM
I shaved my whippy-woo once, nothing speicial just curious and havn't done it since. Besides why shave when burning hair on legs and stuff is so much easier, what do you think that laser hair removal does? nothing but burn hair off.

On the record I dont shave under the neck, just that one occasion.

Big D
06-01-2004, 02:44 AM
Besides why shave when burning hair on legs and stuff is so much easier, what do you think that laser hair removal does? nothing but burn hair off.Doesn't laser removal burn out the hair root, too? Keeps it away longer, they say.
My hair grows ridiculously fast; it requires a lot of shaving to keep things smooth. However, it has the advantage that I can grow a really decent beard in a couple of weeks.

I've considered trimming the patches on the backs of my hands and fingers, but that'd be pointless since it's scarcely noticeable and it'd be back in a day or two anyway.

Peegee
06-01-2004, 04:10 AM
There's also a possum discussion going on. It is mandatory participation

fire_of_avalon
06-01-2004, 06:05 AM
I agree with Leeza. Except for the possum part. I have some good possum stories.

Kirobaito
06-01-2004, 06:07 AM
Oh, yes, I forgot about the possum discussing. There was this possum that was hanging around our house. It would stand on the top of our fence and mock our dogs. So finally the dogs got mad and knocked the fence down and killed the thing. :)

Shlup
06-01-2004, 06:23 AM
Aren't you blonde? What's a 'dark' hair?dark hair = not blonde

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-01-2004, 09:04 AM
simple answer...

NO!

Peegee
06-01-2004, 03:06 PM
dark hair = not blonde

stop confusing me with your random hair colours!

Mikztsu
06-01-2004, 03:07 PM
I have no opinion on possums since I've never seen one, but fetuses are cute. <3!

Rusty
06-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Apparently Australia's famous Dame Edna seems to have been brain washed into thinking we aussies are all possums :)

Rainecloud
06-01-2004, 06:20 PM
I only shave my face.

Ki Ki
06-03-2004, 06:32 AM
I shave my legs and underarms.
I wanna shave my head, hands & arms though...but they say; if you shave, it grows back quicker & longer & stronger & thicker. :skull4:

Mikztsu
06-03-2004, 12:56 PM
I wanna shave my head, hands & arms though...but they say; if you shave, it grows back quicker & longer & stronger & thicker. :skull4:

Go on and get rid of it. What <i>they</i> say isn't true, especially if you use wax. Actually, if you use wax, the hair actually grows thinner everytime you wax. Just ask any doctor or whoever knows about these things. :)

Ki Ki
06-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Really?
Oh. Wow. Haha.
*Shaves head*
But hey, it's true for my legs. I mean when the hair grows back it's so pricky and thick...

P8
06-08-2004, 03:42 PM
One day i was very bored, so i got the idea of burning a little bit of hair whereever i had some. but really, its not a good idea to do it, it smells really awful, and some parts on your body have more hair then other parts. your genitals for example. because the density is quite high there, it produces a flame which wont go out by yourself. So that was the only time i got burned thanks to this beautiful experiment. doesnt feel very nice.
these boys went a little extreme (http://www.eyesonff.com/)
click on the movie: how to get rid of ass-hair. quite sick, just like the rest of it.

Do not link to bare ass videos. ~ Leeza

Fuzakeru
06-09-2004, 01:18 AM
When it comes to guys - other than the beard and moustache everything else should be left the way it is unless necessary trimming is in order for areas ridiculously overgrown.
For me though I shave everywhere with the obvious exception of my head and eyebrows. O_o