PDA

View Full Version : WHM +.......?

Kegsay
06-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Ok, I've decided when i get the game I'm gonna be a whm, but what sub-job should i be? Warrior jobs work bad w/ whm and summoner is only used for curing and such so if i wanted to do something OTHER than curing and enhancing, which good sub-job would I be?? Thanks

Bahamut2000X
06-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Black Mage subs work well with White Mages because of the MP boost you'll get. Only other subs you might try is Summoner for bigger MP boosts, or Red Mage for a bit of a MP boost, but mainly fast cast (which you'll get late if it's a sub)

Over all black mage is the most common.

Flying Mullet
06-01-2004, 06:57 PM
Another job you could try would be Bard, although people typically sub a White Mage with a main Bard.

Citizen Bleys
06-01-2004, 07:38 PM
brd/whm is what I'm going for, and it's awesome.

Once you get high enough level, though, thf might be good. Gilfinder + Treasure Hunter + Banishga can be really spiffy if you know how to pull it off right.

It depends on your race, though. If you're a Taru, for instance, you might want to sub mnk for the HP bonus as well as guarding and evading, nonsensical though it may sound to sub a fighting class to a mage class. As Elvaan, blm's really the only choice, as it offsets the Elvaan's hopeless lack of MP. (Elvaan still works well for whm, though, since they have the highest MND of any race)

Another good combo would be PLD/WHM...you'll get your cures at lower levels with higher skill caps, and MP bonus, so it'll be easier to keep hate off of the mages. PLD/WHM seems custom-made for Elvaan.

As a Hume, I'd have to say SMN, just for MP regeneration.

Ultimately, you can make ANYTHING work if you play it right. Experiment and see what you like best.

Lionx
06-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Unforunetly, some combinations played at the same skill level will always beat your oddball combinations unless in special circumstances and things like that.

a WHM/BRD is crippled in MP and in songs since only one stick and no instruments to use it with. Its only good after lvl 50 when you can sub BRD for Ballad MP Regen in absence of a RDM or BRD.

A WHM/MNK is a dumb WHM and i wont invite that. Simply HP DOES NOT MATTER outside the first ten solo levels. In a good party, when your getting hit frequently that HP does matter, yoru party sucks, get out of there and find a competent one. WHM shouldnt take long.

A PLD/WHM loses out on Provoke, the single most effective way to gain hate. It also loses out on Defender which can save your life later on. Simply say the WAR is the most effective way to do things because even when your out of MP, your still there and can keep hate. WHM sub can never provide that.

There are good and bad combinations, there are reasons why some people are certain combinations more than others in parties. A WHM/MNK and a PLD/WHM isnt really fufilling their role and should be shot ><;; (ok not literally, but it shows that they arent really knowing the game).

T0KE
06-29-2004, 02:43 AM
WHM/BLM for MP+ and you get some nice spells to help you out from time to time, IE: warp ^^... WHM/SMN for MP++ and at lvl 50WHM/25SMN you will have auto refresh which does wonders when powerleveling friends, and doing quests/missions.

Lionx
06-29-2004, 10:51 AM
I still think Conserve MP(lvl 40 WHM/BLM learns it) is greater than Auto-Refresh(lvl 50 WHM/SMN learns it).

Mainly becuase many times i see Haste(40MP) be cut down in mp cost by half, and although its somewhat random, it does make everything more MP Efficient and seems to be better than 1 MP per 3 second tick when usually a BRD or RDM can do that...