PDA

View Full Version : A thread about shots [without a bizarre thread title].

Peegee
06-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Have you ever had shots? Are you scared of needles? Why? What makes you such a wussy man? Are you a scaredy-baby? Aww, does baby need a hug? Or are you a macho man who doesn't care and enjoys the pain?

Have you ever given blood? Isn't it just weird watching a pint of blood extracted from your arm? I watch it gush out and it's almost ethereal. Oh, I've never given blood before -- it was for a physical.

Kirobaito
06-01-2004, 10:14 PM
You have no idea how hard I was laughing when I read this topic. :p

I don't really mind shots all that much, and I've never given blood.

Dr Unne
06-01-2004, 10:23 PM
Could you please stop with the bizarre innuendos in your thread titles? Thanks.

I had a shot a week for five years, they don't bother me any longer.

Logan
06-01-2004, 10:24 PM
I hate shots, and I hate having blood drawn. They've needed bloodwork twice, and the first time I almost passed out. The second time wasn't so bad.

I'm still giving blood at my school next year, because I'll get extra credit, and it's for a good cause, not just my stupid doctor.

metCloud
06-01-2004, 10:58 PM
I dont mind stuff getting put in me but I hate getting my blood drawn...Freaks me out.

Yamaneko
06-01-2004, 11:02 PM
I'm a macho man who doesn't care and enjoys the pain.

I don't mind.

SeeDRankLou
06-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Needles for getting a shot are smaller than needles for extracting blood. Getting a shot is alright, just stings for a second if that. Having blood drawn is a bit painful is the flobodomist (sp?) doesn't do the needle correctly, which happened to me about a month ago. But in any case, as long as I don't look at the needle going into my skin, it's not that bad.

Mikztsu
06-01-2004, 11:04 PM
I've never really loved needles, but I'm not afraid of them.

Erdrick Holmes
06-01-2004, 11:05 PM
I don't give a crap when I have to have injections but I dislike having blood drained from me. I know that's for a good cause buut that's a pain issue for me.

Leeza
06-01-2004, 11:59 PM
They don't bother me. I've had allergy shots for three years so a needle here and there doesn't bother me anymore. The same with giving blood. For around six months I had to take a blood test once a week so they don't bother me anymore either. It does depend on who's taking the blood though because sometimes you end up quite bruised the next day.

Skogs
06-02-2004, 12:02 AM
I used to kick up a right stink when I was little. I needed a whole series of them when I moved to the US. Now they don't bother me - I'll probably give blood when I get around to it. Last injection I had was for meningitis before I left for university.

Ichy
06-02-2004, 12:42 AM
I've been tattooed far too many times to be uncomfortable around needles ;)

I remember whene I was getting both a tetanus and a hep shot on the same day I watched the nurse do the first one. I asked her politely not to put it in anywhere there was inkwork. She freaked out on me and did it anyway, so naturally I freaked out on her. She claimed I couldn't do any better so I took the needle from her and gave myself the second shot. Needless to say she shut right up.

Much younger than that, I had mono in highschool (yay contagious). Because I had been on Acutane for a while and was suddenly switched to the pills for the mono they had to monitor me with a blood test per week. Irritating, but so long as I got to watch it was ok.

Never given blood. For some reason they won't let you if you've been tattooed within one year previously, so no hance in Hell anytime soon for me.

Oh, and there was the time they stuck a big 3 Incher in my knee. After I had broken it the 3rd time they wanted to inspect the cartilage damage, so they shot my knee full of some dye that would flood and show up on an x-ray. Doctor was wierded out with my fixation on watching him insert the needle.

Fun with needles... hmmm...

Strider
06-02-2004, 01:02 AM
SHADDAP.

And no, I've never given blood.

muchacho
06-02-2004, 02:01 AM
no i dont drink

Ariel
06-02-2004, 02:34 AM
I don't like needles, but it's not so bad when it's actually happening. So, yeah, I've had vaccinations, and had blood samples taken. It's a weird feeling watching it gush into the tubes. =P

I've never given blood, though. I would, but I can't because of certain stuff I have to take.

Shoyku
06-02-2004, 03:09 AM
Have you ever had shots?--
Yes

Are you scared of needles?--
No.

Why?--
I've been getting shots since I was five, you get used to it.

What makes you such a wussy man?--
Nothing needle related.

Are you a scaredy-baby?--
Maybe.

Aww, does baby need a hug?--
No.

Or are you a macho man who doesn't care and enjoys the pain?--
Sure.

Have you ever given blood?--
Yes, yes I have.

Isn't it just weird watching a pint of blood extracted from your arm?--
I don't look at it.

HOOTERS
06-02-2004, 03:11 AM
The other night we were shotting Tequila but we didn't have lemon to suck on afterwards so I suggested we just suck on the yellow skittles afterwards but we already ate them. :(

escobert
06-02-2004, 03:19 AM
Have you ever had shots? yeah
Are you scared of needles?no
Why? they arnt scary
What makes you such a wussy man? I am manly man!
Are you a scaredy-baby? no
Aww, does baby need a hug? yes
Or are you a macho man who doesn't care and enjoys the pain? I love pain!

Have you ever given blood? no
Isn't it just weird watching a pint of blood extracted from your arm? kinda
I watch it gush out and it's almost ethereal.yeah I had blood tests
Oh, I've never given blood before -- it was for a physical. course

Del Murder
06-02-2004, 03:30 AM
Of course I've had shots. We're not savages!

I've given blood quite a few times. You get juice and a cookie!

fire_of_avalon
06-02-2004, 04:00 AM
I haven't had any shots for about a year, but I give blood every three months or so. Needles don't bother me at all.

Lehteb
06-02-2004, 05:19 AM
i hate needles....

that aside, i do give myself a couple of shots every day:(

eestlinc
06-02-2004, 05:30 AM
i was traumatized by an incompetant nurse trying five times to draw blood from both my arms when I was four years old, so I'm not too keen on giving blood. shots are fine.

Shlup
06-02-2004, 06:28 AM
I was on Depor Provera for two years and had to get a shot every 3 months. No big deal, though I can't say I'm a fan of big needles used to draw blood. Its like being stabbed with a freaking straw.

Silmaril
06-02-2004, 04:35 PM
i don't mind needles very much. I've had blood taken out of me between my knuckles. That's an odd place isn't it?

White Raven
06-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Have you ever had shots? ~ Yep. But I prefer vodka shots instead.

Are you scared of needles? ~ Nope.

Why? ~ I don't think aboot it when it happens.

Have you ever given blood? ~ Around once every 50 days. I think the next time will be number 10.

Isn't it just weird watching a pint of blood extracted from your arm? ~ No, cause I think of where it's going and they probably deserve my blood more than I do. ^^

Red Wizard
06-02-2004, 06:01 PM
I've been getting allergy shots since I was five years old, and as such shots of any kind don't bother me much. I have yet to give blood, though.

GrimmReaper
06-02-2004, 06:34 PM
hahaha. i like these questions.

Have you ever had shots?--
Yes.. .

Are you scared of needles?--
No.

Why?--
Because I dont care about them.

What makes you such a wussy man?--
My Mom.

Are you a scaredy-baby?--
Not Really.

Aww, does baby need a hug?--
and a new diaper.

Or are you a macho man who doesn't care and enjoys the pain?--
but Ofcourse.

Have you ever given blood?--
No... I just turned old enough though. I probably will just to walk around dizzy and stuff.

Isn't it just weird watching a pint of blood extracted from your arm?--
Yes. And the needle sticking out of my arm with a white patchey thingey. and If you tear it off, it gets all messy and stuff, and you pass out in a minute or two, and then the doctors rush in and call you an idiot.

Peegee
06-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Giving blood is actually good for you I think...by losing blood your body has to produce more, so it's...newer? *shrug*

Somebody with some biology knowledge tell me now!

GrimmReaper
06-02-2004, 07:14 PM
blood constantly gets clean and then dirty as it runs through your body and through the heart. Newer blood simply means newer...blood.. I'm sure it's possible that through newer blood, it can clean the blood vessles easier, but i'm not going to drop a hat to that.

MecaKane
06-02-2004, 07:15 PM
I think the body produces and loses blood at a fast rate, anyway.

I've had a bunch of blood tests when I was in highschool, I never watched it being drained. And it's nothing like donating blood, they take a lot more out, since they have to give it to someone, and not just do some tests to make sure your livers not dead or whatnot. :cool:

Psychotic
06-02-2004, 07:34 PM
I've had lots of the things. The odd thing is, I don't show any signs of fear or unease until AFTER I've had them. Like, before my Tubercolosis one I held out my hand to see if it was shaking, and hell, it was steadier than it was normally. Afterwards, I felt really ill and dizzy. It's weird. I still have the scar on my arm.

Anyway, I've never given blood. At my college, there was a blood giving day on the 29th of April. You need to be 17 to give blood, apparently. It was my 17th birthday the next day. Not that I'd have given anyway, it's my blood, mine! My own! My....PRECIOUSSSSSSS. Ok that joke is like, totally overdone but does it look like I care? Yes? Well you'd be right.

Lord Xehanort
06-02-2004, 08:51 PM
I had shots when I was a kid. It hurt sooo bad because all of my shots were in the ass! Why couldn't they use my scrawny arms?!?

As for having blood drawn, I have... many times. When I was placed on medication 5 years ago, I had to have my blood tested every 4 months. On their first test, they drew 6 tubes of blood. I can't stand the sight of that much blood. A little bit is okay, but that's just freaky.

Rye
06-03-2004, 12:47 AM
Have you ever had shots? Yes
Are you scared of needles? Not really
Why? It doesn't hurt too much
What makes you such a wussy man? I'm a girl!
Are you a scaredy-baby? Nope
Aww, does baby need a hug? Yes :)
Or are you a macho man who doesn't care and enjoys the pain? I'm NOT A MAN!

Needles don't bother or hurt to much. I hate when they TAKE blood, though. It doesn't end and they have to squeeze where the needle went and you see your blood going until the needle and it's very disgusting.

Mr. Graves
06-03-2004, 01:57 AM
Yes, I've had shots for blood tests. Only to find out stuff that was wrong with me.

I've never given blood, and I don't ever plan on it, either. I find it pretty scary.

muchacho
06-03-2004, 04:41 AM
Have you ever had shots? Yes
Are you scared of needles? Not really
Why? It doesn't hurt too much
What makes you such a wussy man? I'm a girl!
Are you a scaredy-baby? Nope
Aww, does baby need a hug? Yes :)
Or are you a macho man who doesn't care and enjoys the pain? I'm NOT A MAN!

rye(bread), are you trying to tell us something?

Misfit
06-03-2004, 11:17 AM
Have you ever had shots? Yes.

Are you scared of needles? Not really, no.

Why? Because ...

What makes you such a wussy man? :(

Are you a scaredy-baby? No.

Aww, does baby need a hug? No thanks. ^_^

Or are you a macho man who doesn't care and enjoys the pain? *stabs your toes* ^_^

o_O
06-03-2004, 12:23 PM
Well fancy that. I gave blood two hours ago. :} 'Twas neat fun, and I got free juice and cookies, and a dog soft toy.

I'm not scared of needles.

P8
06-08-2004, 01:52 PM
a shot is when you put a joint backwards in your mouth, place your hands open around it, and blow out in somebody elses mouth.
yeah i have had shots. :p ,
the thing i really hate are needles in my mouth. I prefer getting drilled or something, dunno what its called in english, without a anaesthesia at the dentists