PDA

View Full Version : ffIV lving up

aeris2001x2
06-02-2004, 01:56 AM
hey is there any better places better to lv up then lunar subterane? i,m lv 48-52 which i thought was good but the optional bosses in this last dungeon r a nightmare, i can only beat the ones guarding the ribbons, and i,m worried these may not be harder then zeroimus, in which case i,m screwed.

this is one of those games i guess where u win in one of two ways: extreme tactics which have worked for me thus far, or extreme training which looks an age to do.

Storm
06-02-2004, 03:54 AM
The best place to level up is in the Lunar Subtarannean area where the boss music plays during a random enemy encounter. The floor is also crystal like and the music inside the Giant of Babil will play. The most common battles are against an Evil Mask, Red and Blue Dragon, and Behemoth. You can descend further into the dungeon and fight a Breath and Mind, but I do not recommend it.

There is no other place in the game to gain the same type of experience from these battles.

aeris2001x2
06-02-2004, 03:58 AM
cool i,ll try that but i was getting battered in there last time(which is why i initally left) so i hope i can reap the rewards. i,m SO close to Zeroimus i can feel him.

Storm
06-02-2004, 05:42 AM
Yeah, the battles are tough in there. I'd recommend that at first you run away from the Evil Masks and just stick to fighting the Behemoths. For the most part, the Behemoth will only counterattack....so you should have plenty of time to heal your characters.

Rase
06-04-2004, 04:03 AM
Yeah, if you don't attack the Behemoth's they'll just sit there..... forever. So just tme your attacks and keep your HP up.

aeris2001x2
06-05-2004, 12:27 AM
cool i did zeroimus laat night at lv55 and i,ve started ffV. but should i do 5 first? or master ff4 cause i love ff4 so much. and i also want to go in and own zeroimus(gah i hated big bang, rydia always died poor girl).

Rase
06-05-2004, 07:54 AM
If you want to "own" Zeromus, here are some hints.

A safe level is 60 or above.

Use Bahamut instead of Meteo (if you have it yet) because it takes less time to Chant.

When everyone is revived but Zeromus is still a big, ugly, blue thing, have everyone but Edge use Parry. Have Edge use Steal every time. Eventually you will get an item called Dark Matter or DrkMatter or something liek that. Having this decreases Big Bang damage.

If you cheap, use the Duplicate Item "glitch" and make 15-20 Excaliber or Crystal Sword/Ragnarocks. Have Edge throw these for some sick damage.

Since all Cecil does is attack, You can try to Beserk him if you want, after he uses the Crystal.

Have Rosa Cast Fast on people when she isn't using Cure3/Cure4.

Sefie1999AD
06-05-2004, 08:12 AM
When everyone is revived but Zeromus is still a big, ugly, blue thing, have everyone but Edge use Parry. Have Edge use Steal every time. Eventually you will get an item called Dark Matter or DrkMatter or something liek that. Having this decreases Big Bang damage.

I'd just like to note that Dark Matter only exists in the hard type, and from what I've seen, its effects aren't that great. Sometimes it decreases the damage done by Big Bang, sometimes it increases it, sometimes it does nothing. And sometimes you can't even get it. There's been a few times I had a level 60+ Edge try and steal over 20 times and I still didn't get the Dark Matter.

Aeris, if you want to make Zeromus easier, slower your battle speed. On the fastest speed, you have to race against time and cast Cure 4 every turn because Zeromus can cast Big Bang very quickly. If you do it fast enough, the spells go like Big Bang - Cure 4 - Big Bang - Cure 4 - Big Bang - Cure 4 etc, but if you don't, it will go like Big Bang - Cure 4 Big Bang - Big Bang - Rosa dead, and by the time you get Rosa revived, another Big Bang hits and annihilates the party. On the normal speed (3rd fast), you can get two Cure 4's easily between a Big Bang attack. And on the slowest speed, I wouldn't be surprised if you can get 3-4 Cure 4's between each Big Bang.

EDIT: With the fastest speed, Zeromus was almost impossible for me on levels 58-62, but when I changed to normal speed, he was quite easy. Even on levels 60-64, Zeromus is still quite challenging with the fastest speed. On levels 64-67, I beat him pretty easily. Still, you should always pay attention to what's going on and react quickly on the fastest speed, because Big Bang can still decimate your party very quickly.

aeris2001x2
06-05-2004, 03:25 PM
dont worry, when i intend to *own* him i,ll be at lv 99 so i assume he wont be much of a challange then right?

WIDOWMAKER
06-05-2004, 06:46 PM
probley good luck.

Rase
06-05-2004, 09:17 PM
LOL, yeah, at Level 99 he won't seem like much. But since you hate leveling up, I'd like to see how you get that high... ;)

aeris2001x2
06-07-2004, 10:24 AM
lol i only hate lving up on my first play(or ffII period). its my second play i like to lv up on...to reach anything less then lv 99 is nothing short of shameful...

Ultima Shadow
06-07-2004, 02:22 PM
I found Rosas attack "Wite" (something like Holy) very usefull against Zeromus. I also used Rydias Ashura summon alot. Kain only Jumped or used elexirs. My levels was 56-61.

desh
06-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Something to know about leveling up past level 70 in ffIV: every time you gain a level past level 70, there's a chance that your stats could go down. I haven't verified this personally, but you should read this faq (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/final_fantasy_iv_max_stats.txt) if you want to really max out your characters.

aeris2001x2
06-08-2004, 08:57 PM
ok thats slightly concerning...why on earth would that happen? is this confirmed?

Rase
06-09-2004, 12:53 AM
I can check it out, but it may take a while. I'm around Level 60-64 right now.

Butz
06-09-2004, 11:57 AM
I finished the game at level 70..

It took me about 3-4 rounds to defeat the final boss..

at level 60 - 65 you should be able to defeat all the bosses in the game..

The version I played was the PS version..

desh
06-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Ok, i just verified, somewhat, the stat decrease syndrome. In saw Cain's stats all decrease by 1 when he leveled from 71 to 72 and I saw Rosa's STR and VIT decrease by 1 when she leveld from 70 to 71. Incidentally, Cain's next level up was a good one: Str +3, Agil +3, Will +3.

I didn't check to see if resetting the game and then leveling would alter the outcome of the stat increase/decrease.

aeris2001x2
06-11-2004, 12:55 PM
yeah apparantly they can go up or down its very random. basically with a little patience you can increase your stats to the max of 99 in most cases if u keep reseting till the lv up gives u the max stat increase possible like Str +3, Agil +3, Will +3 for example. i,ll definitly be doing that then.