PDA

View Full Version : cheapest ff cheating method

aeris2001x2
06-02-2004, 05:05 AM
which one reigns as the ultimate cheat? i dont really count vanish doom though...

Ki Ki
06-02-2004, 05:29 AM
*warn**warn**warn*
Haha. J/K. You made alot of threads with the same title you know... :eep:
I think Selphie rox. She's a killer man.

aeris2001x2
06-02-2004, 05:51 AM
lol the net crashed on me and we cant delete our own posts anymore which is just typical...now i,m gonna get a reputation for spaming :p

Lord Chainsaw
06-02-2004, 06:19 AM
The cheapest cheating method?

W Item trick.

Everybody uses it. Then they brag they beat the Weapons. Yeah, I'm pretty sure they did with 99 DAMN MEGALIXERS!

That's just as bad as someone duping apples in Wild Arms to beat Ragu Ragla.

aeris2001x2
06-02-2004, 06:22 AM
actually w-item trick was useless against the weapons, it was most useful for lving up with the magic pots.

Sefie1999AD
06-02-2004, 08:22 AM
There's quite a few things I have to say about this poll.

FF1: There's the Peninsula North of Pravoka for early leveling-up. I wouldn't consider this cheating myself, but there are some who do.

FF2: Which "quick leveling up trick" are you talking about? If you mean hitting your own guys and action/cancel trick, then yeah, I guess some could call it cheating. Using Change on really weak enemies is also a trick. You can also kill the final boss instantly with Blood Swords.

FF4: Now this has something I'd call cheating: you can duplicate your weapons, so have fun with Edge tossing 99 Excaliburs on Zeromus.

FF6: Vanish+Doom/X-Zone isn't cheating, IMHO, because I think it was said in the game that Vanish makes a target 100% vulnerable to all the magic spells.

FF7: There's the W-Item trick.

FF8: How can using Holy Wars be cheating? There's NOTHING cheating about it, it's not even cheap. With that logic, maybe I should also say it's cheating in FF7 to use Aeris' Great Gospel because that fully restores everyone's HP/MP and makes everyone invincible? Selphie's The End on Omega Weapon is cheap, yeh, but the spell is rare anyway. Unless you play the PSX version and open the lid, which would be something I'd call cheating.

FFX and FFX-2: If you think Zanmoto is cheating, I guess you could also say it's cheating to use Zombie Attack and Phoenix Down on Yu Yevon. And I guess that means you can also add Catnip + critical HP + Trigger Happy from FFX-2, even though I think none of these methods is cheating.

FFT: Some people call using Orlandu cheating because he's way too powerful.

FFMQ: Not sure about this, but I've heard you can instantly kill the last boss with a healing spell or something.

My pick: Other. Something like using Game Genie, GameShark etc.

EDIT: I forgot a few things.

aeris2001x2
06-02-2004, 09:12 AM
i did leave an "other" topic for a reason. aeris limit is not a cheat cause its actually the status effect peerless cast is all. and there is no hard enemy she lives 2 use it on anyway.

how can u replicate weapons in ffIV? that sounds wonderful :D

m4tt
06-02-2004, 02:35 PM
I don't consider any of those cheats. If they game is letting you do it, I don't think it's a cheat.

Now using a Game Genie or a Game Shark. That's cheating.

Ki Ki
06-02-2004, 02:53 PM
True.
But hey, give the guy a break. He's jus starting a thread. You know what he means, yea?
*pats aeris2001x2* Dun worry little guy. They're all so mean. :tongue:

Ultima Shadow
06-02-2004, 04:11 PM
FF8: How can using Holy Wars be cheating? There's NOTHING cheating about it, it's not even cheap. With that logic, maybe I should also say it's cheating in FF7 to use Aeris' Great Gospel because that fully restores everyone's HP/MP and makes everyone invincible? Selphie's The End on Omega Weapon is cheap, yeh, but the spell is rare anyway. Unless you play the PSX version and open the lid, which would be something I'd call cheating.

What do you mean? Holy Wars and all the other hero-items are extremly cheap! And Cheap/Cheat :tongue: . And besaid, using The End is not only cheap if used against Omega but it's terribly cheap if used agains ANYTHING. Yes, even a bite bug :D .

I don't consider any of those cheats. If they game is letting you do it, I don't think it's a cheat.

Now using a Game Genie or a Game Shark. That's cheating.
They may not be real cheats, but they are all CHEAP. And i prefer to call moves like these just "Cheat". My vote goes for The End... and Holy Wars come in as close second.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-02-2004, 04:20 PM
I'd say Vanish/Doom or Vanish/X-Zone are cheap, but I use 'em anyways.

metCloud
06-02-2004, 06:21 PM
I say W-item because I actually felt like I cheated when using it...There is no way I could...would have gotten a gold chocobo without that thing.

Jolts
06-02-2004, 07:12 PM
I voted 'Other' for FFT's instant JP Max glitch. It doesn't work for all jobs, but the ones it does work for are some of the most powerful kind.

None-the-less, though, if there's a glitch in a game, and I know about it, you can bet I'll be exploiting it for my benefit. If the game designers didn't feel like testing it for all bugs and fixing them, then I feel like I should make them regret it :D.

Del Murder
06-03-2004, 04:01 AM
I only use W-Item to feed the magic pots. It's not cheating, more like speeding things up.

Vanish/doom is by far the cheapest trick and I never use it.

Casey
06-03-2004, 06:09 AM
That glich in ff tactics where you can dupe swords.

ForeverZeroUltima
06-03-2004, 07:28 PM
I say W-item because I actually felt like I cheated when using it...There is no way I could...would have gotten a gold chocobo without that thing.

Method 1: Buy 1 Sylkis green. W-Item it to 99 to give to all your chocos. win the races.
Method 2: Buy 99 Sylkis (yuip, that's over 100,000 gil flying away).

yup. the w-item trick definitely. and i wouldn't have beaten ermald Weapon so easily without duplicating my Hero Drinks to up my attacks.

ChaosCalibur
06-03-2004, 08:01 PM
FFT weapon duping, and infinate JP "Cheats" They're not really cheats, more like glitches, but still... On the other hand double chaos blades are fun (If you can even hit a monster the second time) :\

Laguna
06-03-2004, 08:23 PM
The skill cheat in FFT! Anyone else heard of this? When you have a class with more than one page of skills go to learn one and when it says confirm yes/no hold square and press down. The cursor skips onto the second page onto a skill that you wont be able to afford but you get it anyway and your ap jumps to 9999. It means you can master a class in one battle as opposed to a hundred!

Rase
06-04-2004, 12:58 AM
FF4: Now this has something I'd call cheating: you can duplicate your weapons, so have fun with Edge tossing 99 Excaliburs on Zeromus.
I choose this one, since it makes Zeromus. SOOOO much easier. Though if I decide to use it, I use it on the Crystal Sword.

FFMQ:[/b] Not sure about this, but I've heard you can instantly kill the last boss with a healing spell or something.

Basically. Just have Hero (the main character) cast Cure on the Drak King (final boss), dealing 9999 damage. After about 5 to 6 turns, he'll be gone.

how can u replicate weapons in ffIV? that sounds wonderful

First, get into a battle. Have the person who has the weapon to be duplicated select the ITEM command. Select a blank space in the item list, then scroll up and select the weapon to be duplicated. Exit the ITEM list and run away. Go to the menu screen and equip the item that you chose to be duplicated. It should say that you have two of that weapon. Unequip it and equip once more. You should have an extra weapon in the ITEM list!