PDA

View Full Version : ff anthology worths?

Armisael
06-03-2004, 06:42 AM
i want to buy ffanthology for my ps2 but i want to know if really worths.i mean i have told that there isn't any difference with the original ff6 only a little videos that have been added and nothing else.can you tell me where these videos have been added(only in opera,ending and prologue?)and if there are other changes?

TheAbominatrix
06-03-2004, 07:47 AM
There is no difference in the game, save for two minor script changes. There's FMVs at the beginning and end. And there's sort of a compendium with pictures and monster information that you can look through after you've completed the game once. It's the same for V, except maybe without the compendiums. I cant remember.

Armisael
06-03-2004, 09:50 AM
i think there is a video in opera isn't it?but then how do we pick the words that celes say?and in the end the video shows only how the characters escape from kefka's palace or and something else?

TheAbominatrix
06-03-2004, 09:59 AM
Those arent FMVs. They're just part of the gameplay. They arent any different that the SNES version.

Big D
06-06-2004, 12:20 PM
There are two different FMVs, and then a third one made with bits of the other two.

The first FMV is the introduction; it features clips of the main characters, then a longer section showing Terra, Biggs and Wedge getting into their Magitek Armor under Kefka's guidance. It's a really good intro to the story, this FMV plays every time you start up, before the title screen. The music is really good - a live piano and orchestral version of Terra's theme, very moving.

The ending FMV plays last of all, right after the end credits. It's truly impressive. It starts off with the most beautiful live arrangement of 'Aria di Mezzo Caraterre' ever, and features a mournful-looking Celes preparing for the opera. Interspersed are blank screens featuring some of Kefka's nihilistic phrases. Then, the FMV shows different characters in different, memorable scenes from throughout the game, inlcuding: Setzer piloting the airship and shooting down an imperial flier with his cards, Shadow being cool and ninja-ish on the train, and Kefka's superhuman form facing the Esper Alexander.

The third FMV is a kind of 'bonus', it's a promotional trailer for the re-released game, showing excerpts from the other two FMVs, accompanied by the second half of the Italian 'Aria di Mezzo Caraterre' from Final Fantasy VI: Grand Finale.

Also, the PSX version of FFVI (in PAL countries, 'Anthology' included FFIV and V only; VI was re-released separately), had a special section including a complete bestiary with detailed info on every opponent; a guide to the prizes at the Colloseum; a list of all spell types, including Blue Magic... and quite a lot more besides. You can even check your stats for every game - how long it took, how strong your characters were, etc.

I never owned a SNES, so I never played FFVI till it came out for the PSX... but it's a great way to play the game, in my opinion. It's cheap, too, so I'd highly recommend it.

DJZen
06-07-2004, 02:22 AM
I'm curious, what are these minor script changes?

And did they fix some of the questionable translations that don't affect the game really at all (Atma Weapon, Merton, etc.)?

Big D
06-07-2004, 04:21 AM
Even within the re-released game, there are some differences present: the 'bonus material', like the bestiary and spell lists, includes some names that are different from those used in the actual game.

TheAbominatrix
06-07-2004, 04:41 AM
I know there are two script changes, one I cant remember, the other is they made the man in Narshe who says 'I saw some moogles walkin with a sasquatch' seem drunk.

DJZen
06-08-2004, 07:11 AM
You know, of all the things in that game to change......

TheAbominatrix
06-08-2004, 07:14 AM
Yeah. And they didnt fix the typos and such either. Like, when you go to find Terra in the WoR "Come one, let's go get Kefka" or however it went. It still says that in the PSX game, instead of "Come on". But they went out of their way to make an old NPC drunk. Yay!

Fire_Emblem776
05-01-2005, 08:02 AM
well it is a greatest hits so its prety cheap,
look at it this way the memory card is licky to die after the batry on the snes version

Xalioniaf
05-01-2005, 08:11 AM
I think it's worth it enough to get FFVI if you haven't played it. That is, in my opinion, the best Final Fantasy game, EVAH. FFV is kinda cool, and if you've played FFIII, then you should know how to do the classes thing.

theundeadhero
05-01-2005, 09:26 AM
I personally feel the FMVs aren't worth the slower load times. Sure it's only a few seconds before and after every fight and before and after you leave a menu screen, but seeing as how often you fight in the game and access the menu it really starts to grate your nerves when your used to the SNES fast version.

nik0tine
05-01-2005, 10:59 AM
There isn't much difference. However, it DOES come with FFV, so it is more than worth it in my opinion.

ThroneofDravaris
05-01-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure whether it was included in the SNES version (I’m almost positive it wasn’t), but if you hold the circle button in FF V and VI Anthology, you can run at twice the speed (4 times the speed with sprint shoes equipped). It makes everything much faster. Maybe not enough to make up for the slow loading time though.

Xalioniaf
05-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Well, then wouldn't the run command be in the SNES versions if you had sprint shoes in them? Just sayin' :P.

DMKA
05-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Personally, it's good to have just for the little extra stuff, but I think playing the SNES version is a far more enjoyable experience, because the battles don't take forever to load, and the animation doesn't slow down if you enter more than 2 commands.

If only I still had my SNES and could get a hold of that game. :(

theundeadhero
05-02-2005, 05:37 AM
With the sprint shoes and the O button on playstation they run 4x as fast instead of just 2x as fast with only sprint shoes in the SNES.

Chris
05-02-2005, 07:36 PM
I still don't own FFVI (I have the European edition, which inc. FFIV & FFV).

:(

LoKuS
05-06-2005, 05:47 AM
Im tryin to find Anthology and i agree that FF VI is the best.

Del Murder
05-07-2005, 10:40 PM
This thread is from a year ago so I'm sure the person has made up their mind by now.