PDA

View Full Version : PC game suggestions!i!

metCloud
06-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Well, my new laptop is coming next week and whenever I get a new computer I kinda go crazy buying games....but. This is far from a gaming notebook, I bought this one for internet, school (if I ever go back :D ) and work.

Specs-2.60 Ghz Celeron
Xp home
512MB DDR SDRAM
40 Gig harddrive
64MB shared integrated graphics :joey: :hyper:

Basically im looking for some games that are kinda new and should still run on it like RTS games. I have never dealt with Celeron prossecors either so I have no clue how they perform with games...I just know its not as good as my P4 system. Any genre welcome to suggesting except MMORPG's, I wont play them on this.

Erdrick Holmes
06-03-2004, 03:41 PM
Half-Life
Painkiller
Max Payne
Diablo II
Warcraft 3 and the EXP set

Shoeberto
06-03-2004, 06:23 PM
If you want new a new RTS, try Command and Conquer: Generals or Warcraft 3. As for games to generally push the limits, Halo, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Max Payne 2 seems to do really good for that.

Rainecloud
06-03-2004, 06:35 PM
I enjoy playing Unreal Tournament 2004 and Warcraft III.

UT demands a heck of a lot more from your system than Warcraft, and a 64MB Integrated Graphics Card isn't going to provide you with the best visuals the game can offer. It may even slow down to a halt during crazy online battles (which you're sure to run into). I have a 256MB Radeon Sapphire Atlantis Card, and the framerate in UT does suffer from time to time when I'm playing in large maps (regardless of the amount of bots).

You should be able to play all the above games without any major problems, but I'd strongly advise you to get a better graphics card when you're able to. Then again, you might not be expecting perfection like I do.

White Raven
06-03-2004, 06:45 PM
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis

It's a great game if your a J.P. fan, but if not, it's still alright. Ya build a park and produce dino's! Fun but fairly short game.

metCloud
06-03-2004, 07:08 PM
I play UT 2k3/2k4 on my Desktop, Im gona see if they work but not expecting them to. As for upgrading....They say it cant be done on this laptop which is fine because I didnt buy this for games. I think im going to go the RTS route since I never really play them. Im thinking Warcraft 3 battle chest(I like Blizzard), CC generals, Age of Empires.

Joel--Is Painkiller good? I was thinking about getting for my Home PC. Do you really think that would run on a laptop without a real vid. card.

Rase
06-04-2004, 03:37 AM
Call of Duty is your best WWII FPS PC game. Other than that, I don't know. ;)