PDA

View Full Version : Black Omega in FFX-2. Help!

chichi
06-04-2004, 08:59 AM
I've just stumbled upon this site while looking for some help on how to beat Black Omega in the Bevelle underground on level 40. I'm absolutely stumped- if it doesn't use ultima straightaway it just kills me slowly.....any ideas??? Two of my characters are on level 52 and one is on level 49- do I need to improve them more? I've been using Paine as a dark knight and had her use charon but that only does about 8300 damage and then B.O. kills all my characters. If anyone can help me out with any advice i'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
Oh, by the way, is it worth having someone learn the songstress dressphere???

Jolts
06-04-2004, 09:20 AM
You were able to get that far with such low levels? :eek:

chichi
06-04-2004, 09:49 AM
You were able to get that far with such low levels? :eek:
I didn't realise levels 49 and 52 were so low. In the Bevelle underground I got to level 40 easily but now I can't beat black omega. What levels do I need to be at???

NM
06-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Your levels should be fine.

Besides if it does ultima your party's dead anyway. It does 9,999 to everyone.

I did it using 3 Dark Knights and using Darkness attack. Just pray that it dosn't use Ultima at any point. :D

Another thing. The boss only has 9,999 HP so if you can do over 8,000 damage with one move finishing it of really shouldn't be a problem.

chichi
06-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Thanks NM, i'm going to go have a try tonight at beating Black Omega. I've already been killed about ten times trying to beat it so hopefully your advice will come in handy! I'll let you know how I go.

Jolts
06-04-2004, 08:27 PM
Levels are fine?

Pfft, you try beating the final guy at level 50, see how far you get.

NM
06-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Yes but he's not fighting the final boss is he.

The levels are fine for fighting the Black Element. Seen as Ultima does 9,999 damage to the whole party, whats the point in leveling up for a few more hit points that won't help one bit.

SeeDRankLou
06-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Two words: Magical Masque. Black Element will be rendered completely helpless.

aeris2001x2
06-05-2004, 01:01 AM
lol i,m not saying black element is easy...hes not...but at the end of this dungeon you will be praying u get enemies as easy as him every time u enter a battle. :D

chichi
06-05-2004, 09:24 AM
I'm actually a girl..... but back to FFX-2! I beat Black Omega! I used your suggestions NM, and used three dark knights (with Yuna as a thief in the beginning). I stole from him, did a few darkness attacks and then, after being killed several times earlier by ultima, got a bit nervous so finished B.O. off with charon. Yay!! What does catnip do though? '
I'm now on floor 54 and my characters levels are currently around 55. I assume there are more bad guys coming up?
Also Jolts, i was on level 49 and 50 when I fought Black Omega- I will not still be on level 49 and 50 when I fight the final guy, will I?!
What does magical masque do and where do you get it???

NM
06-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Sorry for presuming you were male. FF games seem more more popular with the ladies than I realised. :)

Catnip will cause any attack to do 9,999 damage to the target regardless of it's defence. But only when your health is critical. (Yellow) It's best use is with Trigger Happy Lvl 3. 13 x 9,999 damage.

Your levels with go up more when you go to fight the final boss as theres plenty of random battles/boss fights on the way there.

As for magical masque. I think you get it from the Den of Woe. But you'll need all 10 chrimson spheres to gain access.

chichi
06-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Don't worry, I presume most gamers are male. Though that is the reality of it- i've got lots of male friends that are gamers but none of my female friends play games, which is a shame.
I equipped catnip after my fight with Black Omega but it didn't do anything, obviously because my health was okay. I can't wait to try it out though...
I'm now on floor 54 and my characters levels are at about level 55. I assume there are more baddies coming up?
I'm kind of conflicted as to whether to start the game again. Reading all these posts makes me realise how little i've done and i'm in chapter 5! I mean, i've never even heard of the Den of Woe and I have no idea where to get the chrimson spheres. I need a manual!
Does anyone know how to get the last two abilities for Yuna's songstress dressphere?

Del Murder
06-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Actually one you get for opening the Den of Woe. The other I believe is a reward for beating the Al Bhed machina boss in Djose, and it might have to be at max level as well (5-5-5). To raise the level of that thing do some excavations in the desert and gather parts upgrades.

chichi
06-06-2004, 03:44 AM
But where is the den of woe? Stupid me for asking what the chrimson spheres are- i've actually got six already(i guess I need to watch my key items more!)I've nearly fully upgraded the thing in Djose Temple, so I guess i'll get a seventh chrimson sphere soon hopefully! I actually played for a coulpe of hours last night and improved my characters stats to levels 69 and 70, and i'm now on cloister 80. Any ideas on how to beat chac?

Anaralia
06-06-2004, 04:40 AM
Chac is hard. What worked for me is oversouling him (go to Mushroom Rock Road and fight Balisks if you want him to oversoul), and that had two effects: first, his petrifying stare stopping hitting 100% of the time, and he didn't (although this may have been a coincidence) cast heaven's cataract, so you at least have a fighting chance. If you give your gunner catnip, it's about 5 rounds. I hadn't equipped catnip till this point because it seemed like the easy way out, but from cloister 81 on, it became indispensable.

chichi
06-06-2004, 04:45 AM
Ta Anaralia, i'm gonna go fight lots of Balisks! Though wouldn't chac oversouling make it harder to beat?

Del Murder
06-06-2004, 05:32 PM
The Den of Woe is the place below the Youth League Headquarters. It's that big door you where you meet with Yooj at some point. You need all the crimson spheres to open it.

Anaralia
06-06-2004, 06:46 PM
It's easier to beat Chac oversouled because otherwise he doesn't give you a chance. Not oversouled the fight goes like this: Petrify (which always hits), hit, heaven's cataract, and you're dead. At least, that's what it went like for me, about 20 times, until I got tired of it and went to oversoul him.

Edited to give thanks to gamefaqs, without which I'd still be trying to beat Chac

aeris2001x2
06-07-2004, 10:10 AM
lol dont cheat! beat Chac in his proper form! lol.

if u beat him in his normal form congratulations, because he is arguebly the hardest boss in the game :D

Jolts
06-08-2004, 05:01 AM
I totally cheated when fighting through that. I had EVERYTHING in the game when I went through. Don't worry, though, I forgot just about everything about the game, and I've been planning to replay it without cheating at all after I beat FFVII again.

chichi
06-08-2004, 09:15 AM
Thanks everyone for all your help. I actually finished the game last night as i'm planning on starting it again- I want to get 100% this time and the extra endings. I actually found the encounters with Vegnagun and Shuyin pretty easy, which was surprising- I didn't even need to use catnip! I was a little dissappointed with the ending (I think it was the normal ending I saw) to be honest, I guess I was expecting Tidus to reappear. Though I think I read on another post that he does make an appearance in one of the other endings.
And no, I couldn't beat Chac which is partly why I decided to start again.

Jolts
06-08-2004, 06:34 PM
When I said "final guy," I was talking about the person you fight on the 100th floor of the Bevelle thing-a-ma-bob. Vegnagun was surprisingly easy to beat :(.

aeris2001x2
06-08-2004, 08:52 PM
yeah vegnegun and Shuyin are probably the easiest ff last boss ever.

the real challenge is after Chac. floors 81-99 is just full of super bossess and super enemies, some you,ve fought before, some u havent. and on floor 100 Paragon and Trema await u. :D

jochirin
06-22-2004, 12:07 PM
i dident have any problem whit chac... i think he did one petrefy then i killed him of whit cat nip... (was a long time sins i beat him so it might ave taken a few more rounds but it was pritey easey...)

chichi
06-26-2004, 10:39 AM
jochirin, what kind of levels were your characters on that enabled you to beat chac easily?