PDA

View Full Version : The Orlandu-would-be try-outs

cheer
06-04-2004, 01:52 PM
if you have a character stronger than Orlandu (aside frm maybe Reis, that is) =D , who's he/she? Ü

mine was Ramza with 2 swords (excali and save the queen/ragnarok) , and Meliadoul was pretty close. :)

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-04-2004, 03:49 PM
Squire Ramza with Excalibur and Save the Queen (I'm trying to get down into the Deep Dungeon far enough so I can start Catching Chaos Blades) with Math Skills, having mastered the Wizard, Priest, Oracle and Time Mage jobs already, Auto-Potion, Two-Swords (obviously), and Move +3. I can run from Orlandu and Calculate the crap out of him, or I can Scream up and blast him in one double-sword attack.

supersmashguy
06-20-2004, 05:18 AM
I don't think anyone is stronger then Orlandu, even with the right items. Because I mean, if you give Orlandu those same items, he's even cheaper and more powerful. But on the bright side, without him, many of the later battles are impossible unless he kills the leader

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-20-2004, 05:38 AM
I don't think anyone is stronger then Orlandu, even with the right items. Because I mean, if you give Orlandu those same items, he's even cheaper and more powerful. But on the bright side, without him, many of the later battles are impossible unless he kills the leader

No and no.

I don't know about you but my Ramza is faster than my Orlandu by a good margin, if they both have Excalibur then they're both hasted, but Ramza still goes first. Ramza with the aformentioned Move+3 and his superior speed can keep out of Orlandu's range and increase his stats with Scream. If Orlandu does get within range he can still calculate a healing spell to bring his HP back up. After awhile Ramza's Screaming will have increased his speed to the point where he takes several turns before Orlandu can attack, which allows him to unleash a barrage of calculated spells or to attack. Now, if Orlandu has Math Skills as well, Ramza taking the first turn is still crucial as he can attack Orlandu or cause a delibating status to Orlandu first, thus preventing Orlandu from using his full potential.

And as far as beating the bosses without Orlandu, that's really not that difficult to do. For example, a simple Drain spell (or Beowulf's Drain Magic Sword ability) can cause a great deal of damage to the bosses, who aren't that difficult to face anyways.