PDA

View Full Version : Server

Mikztsu
06-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Alright bitches, what server are you on? I'm in the middle of installation and I thought it'd be nice if there was some fellow EoFF'ers on the same server, and I don't wanna pick the wrong one as I assume you can't just jump between the servers with your character. :\

Citizen Bleys
06-04-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm on Alexander, which I really like (I have a really awesome linkshell, and another less awesome linkshell that I use becuase a couple of my college buddies are on it)

I think most EoFF'ers are on Midgarsormir or whatever the *arf* it's called.

last edited by Dr Unne

Ichy
06-04-2004, 03:26 PM
The entire Windurst Liberation Army, is on Midgardsormr. EoFF members in the WLA include Grandlethal, Omecle, Taerdin, and Ichy (me, playing as Ichnameist). Sadly, Krystic is no longer playing (COME BACK BUD!). As well, I've run into Roogle once or twice, and Lionx and his entire LS are on Midgardsormr, too.

ZeZipster
06-04-2004, 03:50 PM
I'm on Shiva.

Mikztsu
06-04-2004, 04:36 PM
Midgardsormr it is then. This patching takes so long. :P

Roogle
06-04-2004, 05:12 PM
I am on Midgardsormr, but eternalshiva and Jalbrean are on Siren, I think.

Ichy
06-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Chances of getting onto Midgardsormr by default are really slim, it's one of the most populated servers there is so you'll likely get bumped to a different one when you sign up. This means you'll need a WorldPass. This also gives me an excuse to log in and do something... Been playing alot of RO lately ;)

Soon as I get home I'll check back here, see what server you're on, and if it isn't Midgard I'll log in and go get you a pass. Also, if you're interested in joining the Windurst Liberation Army you can click on the rocker in my sig and check out our forums. The main page is up to get redone since we're having login issues, so pay no mind to the number of people signed up there, we're much larger than that.

We have a code of conduct including Native Windurstian status, fairness among all fellow players (who deserve it) and no vulgarity on LS chat. You can read the full Code in the WLA Main forum (which requires you to sign up there).... Come to think of it, it's also in a thread in this very forum somewhere, one that Grandlethal started a while back.

We'd be pleased to have annother EoFFer with us :)

Mikztsu
06-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Alright, I'll let you know my character name etc once I get to play.

Been playing RO? Have you got bored in FFXI? :)

Ichy
06-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Actually, yes. I only log in for LS events lately. I have SAM42 as my highest job and it's a pain to find a team. When I do get a team we kill a couple of things and then split up. I'm waiting to have a majority of people in the WLA ready for M10 (hope it's soon) so we can make one big go at it, I'd love to help out with it after all the assistance I needed.... which, incidentally, took me 2 weeks to muster... and there were constant drop-outs... and I was drunk... again :P

Yeah, taking a break from the kill kill lvl in FFXI for a bit. I'll be back when I'm properly inclined. For now I'm playing a much simpler, more mind numbing game ;)

Citizen Bleys
06-04-2004, 06:06 PM
no vulgarity on LS chat

This, at last, gives me a reason to be glad I'm with Primeaux on Alexander. We have some HILARIOUS, vulgar discussions on Primeaux, even with Durden and Izia gone. ( :( I miss the hell out of Iz, and Dur moreso. Iz is the guy who invited me and Dur into the LS. At least Vintonia, Tonik, and Jipptomilly are still around. I'm rambling. I know I'm rambling. Shut up, I'm old. I'm allowed to ramble)

Bahamut2000X
06-04-2004, 07:22 PM
I'm on Cait Sith at the moment. But at any chance I want I can make a guy on Siren as that's my anchor server.

Ouch!
06-04-2004, 09:19 PM
The entire Windurst Liberation Army, is on Midgardsormr. EoFF members in the WLA include Grandlethal, Omecle, Taerdin, and Ichy (me, playing as Ichnameist). Sadly, Krystic is no longer playing (COME BACK BUD!). As well, I've run into Roogle once or twice, and Lionx and his entire LS are on Midgardsormr, too.

Krystic ain't comin' back. His parents aren't letting him play 'cause he neglected school work or something like that.

Anyways, I'm on Midgardsormr, though am no longer a member of the WLA. I'm with Lionx though, the Red Lotus.

Garland
06-04-2004, 10:13 PM
I'm on Quetzalcoatle. Despite buying a couple of world passes and posting them here, I haven't met anyone else from EoFF on Quetzalcoatle yet. Still, it's a nice server.

Mikztsu
06-05-2004, 07:24 AM
Ok, my first impressions of this game:

WOW, people are actually FRIENDLY, which really positively surprised me after playing games like Pristontale and RO!

Also, this game takes me while to learn. I leveled up my thief to level 7 last night and I still am mostly confused. I have to consult my manual all the time. But that is a great thing, as this game has way more depth than any other mmorpg I've ever played. This game is difficult in the beginning. You won't find much money, etc.

I'd like to thanks Ichy for providing me a World Pass. Thank you very much.

I guess I'm gonna make a new character now, because I accidently named mine "Mikztsu", when I was supposed to use name "Ghostraper". Also, I have no idea what server I was in; is ther any way to know? Also also, I guess I need to level up my character to lvl 15 at least, as I won't be able to get farther from near forests, so I won't come bothering you people yet.

Garland
06-05-2004, 07:31 AM
Be careful in your name choice. I just read a thread in gamefaqs about a person who lost his character because a GM deemed his name offensive according to the TOS. Not that I find Ghostraper offensive, but I'm not sure how anal the game staff are in terms of offensive names. For that matter, I don't know how valid this person's post was, because I know I've personally seen a half dozen character names that are phonetic misspellings of the word sex. Ah well, thinking about it now, I'm sure you'll be fine. I just thought I'd mention this for no apparent reason.

Mikztsu
06-05-2004, 07:39 AM
I almost decided to not name him Ghostraper, but I just had to get that name. ;-) I just gotta hope that won't happen, as "Raper" isn't even a real word as far as I understand. =P Thanks for the heads up.

Ok, I'll be ghostraper and I guess I'll come to that Midgarsomir server.

Edit: nevermind, name is not "available", so they have banned the word "rape". Oh well.

Rostum
06-05-2004, 07:56 AM
Midgardsormr.

Garland
06-05-2004, 08:14 AM
Mikztsu is actually a pretty good name for XI I think. So many people are horribly unoriginal. Of the English speaking players, a good third of them are Japanese wannabe's with Ryu or Chibi plastered into their screenname as many times as it can fit. Another third use horribly adulterated ripoffs of Final Fantasy or Dragonball Z characters. Cloud Strife might have been a cool hero, but chances are, XxCloudtheswordsmanxX isn't quite so cool. (No offense, if such a name really exists, and said player is reading this. You probably are cool.) After you chip away all the Lord of the Rings, and Starwars ripoffs, that only leaves a small percent of quality, original names.

Citizen Bleys
06-05-2004, 08:40 AM
I used "Reynard" and "Liosliath"

Not many of those running around.

Jalbrean
06-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Eternalshiva and I are on Titan

Lord Chainsaw
06-05-2004, 06:37 PM
I'm on Carbuncle.

I feel so alone...

Mikztsu
06-06-2004, 12:12 AM
Again I'm in some unknown server. Heh.

Okay, I re.created Mikztsu then. Elvaan male thief. I levelled today to level 8, and I must say I really love the game. It can be frustrating, VERY frustrating when you have to kill just those rabbit-things. Today I many times levelled DOWN, because I died so often on lvl 8. Argh, so much xp wasted. >:\

Bahamut2000X
06-06-2004, 12:56 AM
When you log on in the log menu it'll say the server your on. Also when you go to select your charcter it should say what server he's on under his name and above his level.

BatChao
06-06-2004, 02:14 AM
Garuda is where I'm at... nobody from there, eh?

Jalbrean
06-06-2004, 02:33 PM
You're a brave soul Mikztsu. Leveling thief with a subjob is hard enough, let alone trying to do it without one.

eternalshiva
06-07-2004, 12:53 PM
I am on Midgardsormr, but eternalshiva and Jalbrean are on Siren, I think.

Titan actually ^_^