PDA

View Full Version : Rafa and Malak

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-04-2004, 04:33 PM
I've heard most people say that these characters are absolutely worthless, but I was wondering if anyone actually has found a proper use for them? I hear a few people say that they can be made extremely powerful, but I've never really tried them out so I don't know. I am about to try using Rafa, so any help with this would be much appreciated.

GhostGoose
06-04-2004, 06:29 PM
Hehe that's pretty funny because I got the same idea a couple of days ago and my opinion is that they really are worthless. The biggest reason is that their specials are so unpredictable.....I stopped level Rafa at lv55 :eep:

Jolts
06-04-2004, 08:34 PM
Yeah, Truth and Un-Truth rarely ever hit anything for me, so I've stopped using them.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Well, let's assume that they do hit for a moment. Do they do anywhere near enough damage to make them worthwhile?

Lachlan
06-04-2004, 11:41 PM
nope, truth and un-truth do not do much damage at all. and they dont hardly ever hit. and sometimes they do 2 atacks and sometimes 6 but you have no way of knowing which.

Del Murder
06-05-2004, 01:42 AM
Unique idea, but not very practical.

BG-57
06-06-2004, 04:38 AM
The random attack idea actually works much better with the Dark Whisper ability used by Tiamats (the most advanced Hydra class). I think you need Monster Skill to give them this ability but it's a random breath attack in a cross shaped grid. The thing is, the panels only appear on tiles of the same elevation, so if you position it over uneven terrain, you can force all the random hits to appear in a single panel. It works best in places like Deep Dungeon.

I'm not sure if Truth and Untruth can work that way.

On a side note, Tiamats are the best breedable monsters in the game! :)

Del Murder
06-06-2004, 08:35 AM
I always breed them and then poach them!

Dignified Pauper
06-07-2004, 04:55 PM
Um.....

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_tactics_rafa_malak.txt

Lachlan
06-07-2004, 10:15 PM
ended up with an error

Flying Mullet
06-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Um.....

http://www.gamefaqs.com

FYI: You can't directly link to a FAQ on gamefaqs.

The Captain
06-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Though this doesn't really answer your true question:

I usually turn Rafa into a wizard/summoner and completely disregard her initial skills in place of something more predictable.

As for Malak, I usually let him go his merry way since I have plenty of more useful characters.

Take care all.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-08-2004, 06:49 AM
Well, Ramza just reached level 99 and I don't want to use him while I'm leveling up Cloud, so that's why I'm going to try using another character, and I'm not really in the mood to use Meliadoul or Agrias, as Orlandu does what they do already, only better.

-N-
06-09-2004, 02:50 AM
You could just not level up Cloud.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-09-2004, 06:29 AM
Cloud is one of the best characters in the game. Of course I should level up Cloud.

Jolts
06-09-2004, 07:14 AM
Cloud is difficult to level up. Enemies in random battles adjust their levels to fit the highest level character in your party, wether they actually fight or not. At least, that's how it's been for me so far, and that makes it really difficult to level Cloud up without him dying in one to three hits.

Back on topic now, I still think Rafa and Malak are generally useless. I might use them a little right after I get them, but then I get other, better characters and they just never get used again.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-09-2004, 07:35 AM
I don't want to use Malak, he doesn't appeal to me. At least Rafa has low Brave so I can go item hunting with her.

Lachlan
06-09-2004, 11:20 PM
Cloud is easy to level up. If you are willing to spend a few levels as a chemist. Give him a gun and stay back. Shoot the enemy and gain easy levels. Then go soldier and you should be able to handle himself better.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-10-2004, 05:22 AM
What I do is give him either White Magic or Time Magic and keep using haste/protect/shell/whatever. I usually have someone who has monk skills to keep his MP up so it isn't that hard.

Jolts
06-10-2004, 07:30 AM
I don't wanna' level him up in other jobs. I like to keep him as a Soldier, so he levels up the way he should. Guess I could make it so I have four other Mediators out until he can learn Equip Gun for that...

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-10-2004, 07:53 AM
I've leveled Rafa up to about level 61, and she's doing 99 damage with her weakest Truth. I haven't raised her faith yet, and the targets are level 99 Deep Dungeon characters. Cloud is about level 66 and is doing about 250 with his Cross Slash limit break, but I have raised his Brave and Faith.

Del Murder
06-11-2004, 02:42 AM
I just make Cloud attack Ramza every round.

Dragoon_Kain
06-11-2004, 05:09 AM
ya wanna level a character/s quickly? when you fight any imps, kill every enemy on the screen but one. injure the last one so that he runs away. then just let your characters beat the crap out of eachother, and have a white mage, or someone with that skill, heal everyone. do this at the beginning of the game to make levels quickly. took cloud up to 99 alot faster than he would have leveled just doin random encounters.

D_K

Jolts
06-11-2004, 07:29 AM
Last I remember, if the all the living opponents are in critical condition, they will still attack you. When there's only one left, and it's critical, that would count as all of them being critical, since he's the only one.

Turning the last enemy into a frog, on the other hand, works very well. In fact, turn the final enemy into a frog, then turn everyone else into frogs and have Cloud start attacking everyone. In case they have some sort of counter reaction, they'll do little damage with it :D. Using Beowulf to keep the last enemy a chicken would help a bit too.

Dragoon_Kain
06-11-2004, 07:54 AM
Well, that tactic has worked for me every time i have played. So i dunno bout the all enemies critical stuff. I know that human enemies will continue to fight, or at least run away, heal and come back. But the imps always seemed to run away.

D_K

Lachlan
06-12-2004, 02:04 AM
whenever I have played when there is only one enemy left no matter if it has 1 hp or 1000 hp it will atack. I am pretty sure the AI is set up that way.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-12-2004, 09:13 AM
Sometimes they run sometimes they attack, it depends for me. I generally do that to Chocobos, who heal then come back for another beating.

Lachlan
06-13-2004, 01:03 AM
true, chocobos do run away to heal. but then they atack :P

Lamia
06-15-2004, 09:28 PM
lol. The chocobos in FFT are malicious!

Anyway... Yeah I tried making Malak some use. But... they just plain suck.