PDA

View Full Version : core media player question?

syun_ukiya
06-04-2004, 05:01 PM
hi! i have a question fo anyone who uses core media player. i dunno why but when i'm playing .avi (divx, xvid) the subtitles doesn't match the pictures, it's always late. is there a way i can configure this?

crono_logical
06-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Do the videos use external subtitles e.g. seperate .srt or .ssa or other similar types of files in the same folder as the avi? If so, it's probably a codec/filter problem that's causing the lag, and probably need settings adjusting. If not, then as it's avi, the subs will be "hard-subbed" onto the video, so there's nothing you can do about it other than complain to whoever subtitled the videos.

Peegee
06-04-2004, 07:11 PM
how fast is your computer? I've found that I have to set the program to 'high priority' (in windows XP/2K) on slower computers. It's been a while, so I'm not sure if I had to do this on a 2.2 gig computer ( :o )

crono_logical
06-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Speed and priority aren't gonna make a difference for subs being out of sync of the picture if they're hard subbed, since they'd be physically part of the video :p If it was out of sync with the audio or soft subs, then that might make sense :p I've never had to do such a thing though, even on a 450 MHz CPU, so you must have some dodgy background tasks running at the same time if you need to do that :p

syun_ukiya
06-05-2004, 04:57 AM
Well, I tried it on my divX player and the subtitles are fine. So I'm wondering if I can configure my core media player

Baloki
06-06-2004, 04:16 PM
Well, I tried it on my divX player and the subtitles are fine. So I'm wondering if I can configure my core media player

hummm looks like archie was wrong, it is using the subtitles feature sooooo.... Uninstall Windows, wait no, try what Immortal said, if that doesn't work either try Windows Media Player and see if the same happens, if it does use the DivX Player and just be happy :D