PDA

View Full Version : why do u like kingdom hearts?

aeris2001x2
06-05-2004, 05:39 AM
i was just wondering what draws ppl to this game?

i bought the game ages back and enjoyed it up to a point. but by the alice in wonderland section i just got sick of the repetitive combat etc. i have seen my friend battle in the collisuem and my only real regret is i want to fight the silver challenge in there (that giant crystal like monster) and the gold (sephiroth).

basically i,m wondering if i should give this game another try. it just did not grab me last time. (lol i did love battering wakka, selphie and tidus though :D )

ChaosCalibur
06-05-2004, 06:03 PM
OK the combat is repetative at times, but the game is great by itself, there's just a lot of stuff to do, the colliseum was still a big part of it though (I still haven't beaten sephi :cry: ) Maybe i played it to get ultima weapon? Even though it's the uglyest thing i've ever seen, maybe it was for the torn pages that i wanted to find, or even the dalmatians, there are just too many reason for me playing, and i loved it! Because i wasn't in a rush to do anything, unlike in other RPGs...

Del Murder
06-05-2004, 06:29 PM
I liked it because:

1. Disney is the best animation company in the world
2. Square is the best RPG company in the world
3. This game made me feel so warm inside
4. The gameplay was great and innovative and there were plenty of fun extra things to do
5. Where else can you find Donald Duck and Cloud in the same game?

Xander
06-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Everything Del said <3

Give it another try if you want, but if you really don't like the battle system, play something else =]

Lord Xehanort
06-05-2004, 08:19 PM
yes, the combat is very evil and repetitive and repetitive and repetitive and repetitive and repetitive and repetitive and repetitive *slaps self* sorry.

The game itself is nice. The Gold Match with Ice Titan and the Platinum Match with Sephy are hard no matter how much you play them. But they can be done. (I beat them)

And... Riku is hot!

Sora is so awesome
06-05-2004, 08:44 PM
i like it because it is something new

its something that u wouldn't excpect, disney and square working together yin and yang

also i like the new battle engine

graphics r awesome

good story line

i just like every aspect of the game except only having 2 party members at a time

Ultima Shadow
06-07-2004, 08:14 PM
I think it was a great game! Not as great as the FFs but still great. You should give it another try. You can always run away if you get to sick of the battles (if it's not a boss that is). The battle against Sephy, Ice Titan and Kurt Zisa was enjoyable (but Phantom was boring). Ofcourse there are some ANNOYING places like ATLANTICA... i really hate that place. But if you can endure going trough all the paifull places you will find out there's many fun places as well.

SomethingBig
06-07-2004, 11:51 PM
Gawd, I loved KH. It was actually a challenge, at times. Pfft, not like FFX, that's for sure.

I liked the plot(it was supposed to appeal to kids, but, apparently, also appelead to older groups), the get-away from turn-based battle, which is far more repetitive(and I honestly don't see how FFX's battle system is any less repetitive than KH's...), and Cloud and Sephy.

zacks_clone
06-08-2004, 01:27 AM
Gawd, I loved KH. It was actually a challenge, at times. Pfft, not like FFX, that's for sure.

I liked the plot(it was supposed to appeal to kids, but, apparently, also appelead to older groups), the get-away from turn-based battle, which is far more repetitive(and I honestly don't see how FFX's battle system is any less repetitive than KH's...), and Cloud and Sephy.

mostly agreed. save for the battle bit. Cloud caused me to buy it. The plot caused me to keep it and the battles caused me to play it.

DJZen
06-08-2004, 07:07 AM
Wait, you thought the KH combat was repetative? But you like FF? I'm so confused........

zacks_clone
06-08-2004, 12:02 PM
it was late and i speed read.i didnt see that bit

square_is_the_best
06-08-2004, 10:15 PM
Don't like the combat, runa way. Its easier than in other games. I never ran away because of my goal to reach lvl 100. Then I saw how much exp Sephy gives you (18000!?!?!) and I tried real hard and I beat him and I kept it up and voila lvl 100. Man is it fun.

Trumpet Thief
06-13-2004, 06:32 AM
The story and the Final Fantasy characters drew me to this game...

P.S. Ice Titan is actually REALLY EASY... Just equip a ribbon and ice ring and block the icicles it shoots; they shall be deflected back at it's head, dealing some decent damage...

Chibi Youkai
06-15-2004, 12:20 AM
I liked it because it was so vastly different from all the other games I've played, and that was certainly refreshing, as well as the fact that you could see some of the strangest people talking together... like Yuffie and Squall. That was just plain strange.

soulICE
06-15-2004, 02:12 PM
i just started the game yesterday and just got out of wonderland (couldnt stop playing lol)

im so used to FF gameplay so KH was sort of a shock at first. especially with battleplay. seems more realistic than 2 groups facing each other just politely waiting turns, etc. the only thing that gets me is the camera angles.

just wondering why they didnt put any FF9 characters in. well, of what ive seen so far. too many FF's? i wouldve liked seein amarant smacking some heartless tho.

EDIT: neeeeeeeeeevermind.. i just read the bit about why there isnt FF9 chars.. sort of a silly reason tho.

Ariel
06-19-2004, 11:11 AM
It's just... really fun to play. =D The story is nicely done, the characters are great... I mean, it's FF and Disney! It's the characters from my favourite games with the movies I loved as a kid. Aside from the occasionally annoying camera, it played well, and it looked wonderful. It looked so colourful and lush and vivid.

I can understand why some people wouldn't take to it, but if you think you could grow to like it, I'd say go for it. ^_^

Pheesh
08-10-2004, 02:31 PM
I still dont get how some people didn't like the battle system. It was such a relief to get away from the robotronic turn-based combo system of ff. But the thing that kept me hooked was trying to see the secret ending. It was one of those games that just didn't seem like it was at home unless it was nicely placed in your PS2 being played. But that's just my opinion.

Ryth
08-13-2004, 09:22 PM
Well all your favorite Disney and FF characters, story, you get to beat Ursala in the face, fun & frentic battle system, great voice acting (especially Sora Haley Joe Osmont did a damn fine job as Sora), awe shocking graphics the same calibur as FFX but a bit better, classic Disney humor, nice soundtrack, Sephy is a challenge will make you strive to be better, some of the Disney worlds I found wonderful and fun like Deep Jungle, Halloween Town, Neverland,Agrabah and others not so great Wonderland & Monstro, I found it fun collecting all the Keyblades and I have all the Keyblades what a sense of accomplisment.....
Cons:
Wonderland
Camera is a little janky
Gummi ship
in some areas it felt like a button masher
Occasional slowdown

Aeris2001x2 Sephy is the Platitum Cup and the Gold Cup is the Ice Titan ("Crystal monster") and yes the Ice Titan is easy but the Rock Titan is easier. Also why didn't they but FFIX characters in the game? Why? Tell us SoulICE and I would like to add who thinks it would be cool to see like Cecil (FFIV) remastered to 3D on the PS2 that would be nice. Also I add Auron is in Kingdom Hearts II!!!!

aeris2001x2
08-13-2004, 11:13 PM
it was repetitive as hell imho. ff games r not.

and its not a relief for me 2 get away from turn based. not only is it the best style of combat, its what Square excel at. if i want real time i,ll turn 2 devil may cry or resi evil who do it much better. thats what i think anyway. so ffX-2 almost becoming real time was a frighthening prospect as i feel FF may end up losing its turn based edge.

p.s- the characters in ff are not just standing there, in reality they r fighting in real time . its like game books and D and D. your not actually beating the enemy by rolling a dice, its just the systerm 2 decide the out come of combat in a non chaotic and rpg way. no one is seriously suggesting that in the Worlds of FF,(if it were real) fighting is actually turn based, r they?