PDA

View Full Version : Daily Knowledge

The Captain
06-05-2004, 07:10 AM
There's the old tried and true saying that we all "Learn something new everyday" and I've come to believe it is indeed true.

What are some things you've learned just today?

For me, among other things, I learned what state the Simpsons live in, the secret ingredient to my favorite chicken wings, and a rather fascinating view of life in Kenya thanks to a documentary on TV.

Take care all.

Meat Puppet
06-05-2004, 07:12 AM
I learned that Apples brush your teeth while the same time giving you more energy than coffee does. It's amazing!

Oh and I found out about my weight problem.

Yamaneko
06-05-2004, 07:31 AM
I learned how to tie my shoes.

Rainecloud
06-05-2004, 07:35 AM
I've learned what certain EoFF members look like by viewing the latest posts in our very own photo thread.

I've also learned that missing a dose of my hayfever medicine isn't a good idea.

The Captain
06-05-2004, 07:39 AM
"I've also learned that missing a dose of my hayfever medicine isn't a good idea."

Amen to that! Though I learned that some years ago myself, it's a lesson that is very annoying and painful when first experienced. Darn you allergies!

Take care all.

Ki Ki
06-05-2004, 07:53 AM
I learnt that you should

never try to steal the banna that belonged to the first monkey but the

second monkey stole it then the second monkey ate it but he didn't

reali and the third monkey had it so he tried to fry it and he did it but

not reali then the fourth monkey smiled at me and i took the banna

from the third monkey who fried it but not reali who stole it from the

second monkey who ate it but didn't reali who stole it from the first

monkey. ( monkeys go beserk )

I also learnt that when they say "fragile. Do not touch" you really shouldn't touch. :skull4:

Strider
06-05-2004, 07:54 AM
I've learned that this forum has user notes, my sister is going to attend Fresno State instead of Cal State Fullerton, MLB.com has a spiffy hit chart, the Hall of Fame Game between the Braves and Twins is next Monday (June 14), and that Chocolate Chewy Chips Ahoy cookies are godly.

Among other things, of course.

The Captain
06-05-2004, 08:02 AM
"and that Chocolate Chewy Chips Ahoy cookies are godly."

Yes, I learned that as well as few days ago, especially for me anyway, when they are microwaved and melted.

I also learned what it means to be "Hyper-lexic" and it's not a pleasant thing. I'm glad I don't suffer from that.

Take care all.

eestlinc
06-05-2004, 08:05 AM
I thought the Simpsons were intentionally not set in any specific state.

Calliope
06-05-2004, 08:08 AM
I found out that Meat Puppet has mental issues.

"Alex the Kidd is a monkey"

"Apples have more energy than coffee"

"blah blah blah blah blah WRONG"

:hat:

Strider
06-05-2004, 08:10 AM
I also learned what it means to be "Hyper-lexic" and it's not a pleasant thing. I'm glad I don't suffer from that.You can add something else to your list, Cap'n. I am. It's not completely horrible, though.

Calliope
06-05-2004, 08:12 AM
I also learned that Eestlinc has the pretzel moneys, and that sadly I still can't stop listening to my Bittersweet Bundle of Misery :love:

The Captain
06-05-2004, 08:17 AM
"You can add something else to your list, Cap'n. I am. It's not completely horrible, though."

Thus added. Say, is there anything you do to combat it? Granted, it's not a terrible disease, but the person I know who has it is in middle school and has an awful tough time overcoming some of his social insecurities.

"I thought the Simpsons were intentionally not set in any specific state."

It was revealed in the season finale a few years ago, though I missed that episode and only found out about it today, obviously. If you want to know, you can send me a message or probably find it on the internet. I don't want to spoil it by just posting it however because it really IS very unique.

Seeing as it's now officially a new day for me in NY, something else I've learned is that apparently, not all Best Buy stores give money refunds within 7 days, at least according to a friend of mine.

Take care all.

Loony BoB
06-05-2004, 08:23 AM
I learnt that Nicky isn't very good at advising when to call her. "When in the weekend?" "Anytime!" WAY TO NOT BE AT HOME, NICKY.

Calliope
06-05-2004, 08:26 AM
Pfft. Since when do you actually remember to call me? :cry:

I guess I'll go grocery shopping and then come back here and then catch a bus and then talk to Towns now.

Silmaril
06-05-2004, 09:21 AM
I'm trying not to learn anything these days. :D

Del Murder
06-05-2004, 05:47 PM
I learned about a friend's display of courage and it pleased me.

Mr. Graves
06-05-2004, 06:18 PM
I've learned that, to die the quickest of natural causes, you abstain from eating veggies and comsume loads of fat.

The Captain
06-05-2004, 06:38 PM
I learned today that there are quite a large number of curious Simpson fans here at EoFF who want to know where those crazy folks live, judging from the large number of PM's I received during the night.

Take care all.

Kirobaito
06-05-2004, 07:07 PM
I learned where the Simpsons live (though I won't be completely satisfied until I see this episode for myself), and I also learned that I really don't care if my dog is obedient or not.

Xander
06-05-2004, 07:30 PM
I learn lots of new things from lindsey every day =]

For example, the other day I learnt that Regen is short for Regenerate =D He teaches me lots of things. *happy* :elk:

Lord Xehanort
06-05-2004, 07:35 PM
I learned that my sig was too large.

I did not learn how to fix it.

bennator
06-05-2004, 07:42 PM
I learned that William Shatner went to McGill university in Quebec.

The Captain
06-05-2004, 10:28 PM
I learned just a few hours ago about the passing of former President Reagan. It was a long time coming, but it's still newsworthy.

Take care all.

Lindy
06-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Coincidences don't exist.

Ever.

Then I learned that they do exist.

And I learned how to be confused and not show it.

TasteyPies
06-05-2004, 10:52 PM
I finaly learned how to pilot the MS in Gundam - Encounters in Space (realy REALY good game people, just rent it!)

I Also learned that 50 year old wet carpet dont smell so good. :shame:

Meat Puppet
06-06-2004, 01:41 AM
I learnt that I've got mental issues, apparently.

fire_of_avalon
06-06-2004, 04:10 AM
I learned that the bolt holding the positive battery cable on my truck battery is 12mm.

Heath
06-06-2004, 11:23 AM
I learnt that text messages from Scotland are nice.

Text messages from your girlfriend who comes back from Scotland today even more so.

The Captain
06-06-2004, 08:42 PM
I learned that there's no more privacy in the world anymore, as I just read an article about photographers who snapped pictures of someone showering because they'd been paid to. Sad AND scary.

Take care all.

sephxangel
06-07-2004, 11:57 AM
There's the old tried and true saying that we all "Learn something new everyday" and I've come to believe it is indeed true.

What are some things you've learned just today?

For me, among other things, I learned what state the Simpsons live in, the secret ingredient to my favorite chicken wings, and a rather fascinating view of life in Kenya thanks to a documentary on TV.

Take care all.

What state do the simpsons live in??? it's been a mystery to me.

I learned that my g-ma has something for my birthday coming up.

speaking of that, it just hit me i will not be a teenager no more...kinda sad but happy at the same time... :shame: :eek: :D

Ki Ki
06-07-2004, 12:05 PM
I learnt that breakfast at macdonalds sux.

The Captain
06-07-2004, 06:00 PM
"What state do the simpsons live in??? it's been a mystery to me."

Since I don't want to spoil it for someone, PM me, and I'd be happy to tell you.

I learned that Carol Channing can rap, sort of.

Take care all.

P8
06-08-2004, 03:48 PM
ive learned how to calculate the radius of a satalite which goes around the earth at 1 hour, 44 mins and 25 seconds. it was around 730 KM. which shouldnt be correct, because of the ISS sees the sun rises 6 times a day, which means once in 4 hours. the ISS is about 400 KM from earth surface. the closer you get to earth, the fast you will go around. when i said this my physics teacher started to break his head over it. I still dont know whats the problem here, neither does he :cry: