PDA

View Full Version : Tobli in FFX?

Xander
06-05-2004, 02:09 PM
I was just playing X-2 and felt like loading one of my saves from FFX. It was at the Luca Stadium, and I walked towards the Sphere theatre and saw this little guy who looked just like Tobli, small with a little beak. Did anyone else notice this? Or someone go back there now and see if you notice him :p

Cloudane
06-05-2004, 05:23 PM
I'm at the first visit to Luca now, so I'll keep an eye out :)

I was just wondering in another thread whether some of the FFX-2 characters might appear as unnamed NPCs in FFX. I saw Beclem in Kilika Forest (though he might've been a character anyway, I can't remember)

Ouch!
06-05-2004, 05:33 PM
I'm just assuming that there are no relation. They probably just used the same image for characters. Especially when you look at the crusaders, there's a lot of them that look exactly the same. I'm sure for X-2 they just used existing NPCs as the bodies of the characters.

Big D
06-06-2004, 09:23 AM
There are a lot of folks in X-2 whose images appear in X. The Macalania Forest spirits are there - there's one who looks just like Bayra, the harpist, except in X it's a female who guides the butterfly catching torment minigame, and she's voiced by Judi Durand who sci-fi nerds may know as the DS9 computer voice.

As has been mentioned, there are a few little people wearing beaked helmets, just like Tobli, and some Crusaders with silly hats like Beclem's.
Also, on the Mi'ihen Highroad, there's an Al Bhed kid with the same coveralls and mask as Shinra, who says that his dad's onboard the airship. However, even in X-2 this image appears elsewhere - there's a girl dressed like that on the Moonflow banks.

I think it's kind of neat, even though it was probably just done to save time and money. At least it raises the possibility that these are the 'same' people. Well, at least we can think of it that way if we choose.

Cloudane
06-06-2004, 05:36 PM
In reality they probably weren't thought of until FFX-2 was made, unless they were planning X-2 while writing X. But it's neat to think of the possibility that they're the same people :p

she's voiced by Judi Durand who sci-fi nerds may know as the DS9 computer voice.

Cool... didn't know that. I always assumed it was Majel Barett or whatever her name is (Mrs Troi) who did TNG and I think some episodes of DS9.

The_Princess
06-07-2004, 02:02 PM
I always wondered whether Tobli was in FFX as well, Xander; and now you mention it, I DO remember seeing a Tobli-ish character in Luca. I'm not sure if it WAS actually Tobli, though.

I'm just assuming that there are no relation. They probably just used the same image for characters. Especially when you look at the crusaders, there's a lot of them that look exactly the same. I'm sure for X-2 they just used existing NPCs as the bodies of the characters.

I tend to agree with Zaphier. But you never know...

listentomystory
06-10-2004, 10:25 AM
it definately is tobli