PDA

View Full Version : This Smarty Jones fellow...

Kirobaito
06-05-2004, 07:34 PM
What does everyone think of him?

I personally think that he has a much better chance of winning the Belmont Stakes than Funny Cide did last year, for several reasons. This year, the track isn't muddy, and, quite frankly, SJ is a better horse. He's never been defeated, so we could be looking at the evolution of the next Secretariat. Let's just see what happens today at the Stakes.

He's billed as "the people's horse", because he's from Philly, but I'm still not sure how being from Philly makes you a people's horse. If anything, he seems rather stuck up. Hell, he poses for his pictures and everything. He sticks up his ears at the ends of races, because he knows he won. Oh well.

The Captain
06-05-2004, 10:32 PM
"He's billed as "the people's horse", because he's from Philly, but I'm still not sure how being from Philly makes you a people's horse."

Probably becuase of the Rocky films. He was the "People's" Champion.

Only an hour until potential history gets made. I'd like to see it happen personally, because it makes for great excitement.

Take care all.

Denmark
06-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Philadelphia is the "City of Brotherly Love". That might have something to do with that moniker.

Actually, he's not really a "people's horse" because he's a thoroughbred. And there aren't that many thoroughbred American people. :O

What I'd like to see would be a non-thoroughbred winning the Triple Crown.

As for Smarty, I'm not watching the Belmont because of all the media hype. I don't care if he wins or not, I'm not betting or anything.

I'd love to have him lose, just to spite the damn media. :aimmad::D

EDIT: yay, he lost. :D:D:D! when I learned that, I said "screw you, media!" :D <3

Kirobaito
06-06-2004, 12:57 AM
That was painful to watch, especially because he had the lead so late. :(

fire_of_avalon
06-06-2004, 04:49 AM
I never liked that horse. He didn't have enough spunk for me, just a bitey fast thing. I was rooting for Rock Hard Ten. He was feisty.

Kirobaito
06-06-2004, 04:54 AM
That's just because they had to freakin' BLINDFOLD him to get him in his gate. :monster:

fire_of_avalon
06-06-2004, 11:59 PM
SO? He didn't wanna race yet, that's all.

-N-
06-09-2004, 02:34 AM
Yeah winning $3100 on Birdstone! < / wishful_thinking >

That's why I don't bet on horse-racing.