PDA

View Full Version : Is there a storyline?

Final Fantasy
06-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Hey guys! Im waitin anxiously for the UK release and i realized that the otha final fantasy's were classic due to epic storylines.

Is FFXI just an online melee or does it have a good story
too :confused:

CHEERS! :D

TasteyPies
06-05-2004, 10:47 PM
There is pobably some half baked plot that isn't realy important to gameplay. Like most MMORGPs

ZeZipster
06-05-2004, 10:55 PM
The story line changes depending on where you start off in. That is, if you consider the missions story...

Mikztsu
06-06-2004, 12:18 AM
Storyline isn't anything spectacular, but it's fine. There's also NPC's everywhere in cities, and you can get missions/quests from them in old Final Fantasy style.

Bahamut2000X
06-06-2004, 12:51 AM
Well at first all the country based missions are kind of boring, but as you progress they get a bit more interesting, and M6 opens the first real plot. And then as you get to Jueno all the missions are basically just plot advances. And after a while you can do the Zilart missions which are a seperate story line altogether.

As for how deep the stories get, I can't say as I'm only on M7. But I hear the plots are fairly nice and interesting.

Lionx
06-08-2004, 09:14 AM
I heard that the first 10 or so missions are somewhat not so great. But thats because they are there to let you know the key NPCs in the game and what role they play in the story. After M6, you start to see the evils, and at M10, it reels its head. THen after M12, you will start to see the intense story driven plot. Its good i heard, something definetly you wanna see.