PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Encounters in Space

TasteyPies
06-05-2004, 11:19 PM
Ok first off let me say that every game I have ever played with giant killer robots in it has been an utter dissapointment to me, exept for this one. In all the other gundam games there is either a problem with shooting, manuverability, camera angles, graphics or even the voiceovers. This game is one of the best i have ever played. You can choose between almost ANY ms or attack machinery in any of the shows, from Burning Gundam to the ever popular Zaku II to even that zero custom one (you know the one with wings from gundom wing) even some that just made minute showings. Another thing to point out is the AMAZING battle sytems!!!!! You can dodge bullets and lasers, fly around cruisers at will (slashing and blowing em up as well!) and switch on your boosters to give a gut wrenching PZZZZZAAWOOSH as your heat hawk or beam sabre swishes through enemies. Not to mention the astounding graphics and voices from a LARGE majority of the cast in (fromwhat i can tell) Most of the PLAYABLE gundam shows.

This game is a must buy and if you dissagree and LEAST rent the darn thing!

Questions, comments, testimonials? please post

ZeZipster
06-06-2004, 01:00 AM
You've never played Armored Core have you?

TasteyPies
06-06-2004, 01:36 AM
Yes i have, I own AC3

Story line was lacking.

In the future a computer program will tell us what to do, OMG IT STOPPED WORKING PROPERLY?! Lets kill each other now in giant robot suits!

The graphics were lacking too. Another thing i had a problem with was probably the other only redeeming quility, the battles. Its almost impossible to shoot a target that likes to jump and hover alot from the ground and even harder to engage a hovering target while YOU are hovering.

I also disliked how big they actualy made the robots. If you go to a city and stand next to a building you will notice that a door is smaller than the robots pinkie toe (if he had one) How could all these people aford them for their amusement?

If you dissagree with my high standards think about how good GES must be then.

ZeZipster
06-06-2004, 01:49 AM
Wooosh! Kind of missed a lot of key details. The computer had it's own free-will, people logically appointed it to manage society because humans aren't logical, when they couldn't understand the computer, corporations started hiring Ravens to check it out... Kind of where you come in. Armored Core 3 only leads up to Silent Line (which was a HUGE hit in Japan), just like Armored Core 2 lead up to Another Age. 2:AA-3:SL deal with intense rivalries between corporations, Ravens are the elite neutral party that are hired by those corporations to do things which may be to sabotage other corporations or to test a part. Of course the story is lacking, but you know, it's lacking in a realistic way. You only miss what you're supposed to miss.

On the Gundam topic, I only like one of the Gundam series, and it wasn't because of the Gundams (Mobile Suit Gundam 0083). Gundam Wing would have been good if they didn't do such stupid things, it certainly had the coolest looking Gundams. All the others I can't watch, Gundam Seed is supposed to get good, so I guess I might like that later on.

SpiritWolf
06-06-2004, 02:04 AM
I played Gundam Encounters in space and it's not that good. The battles are kinda fun but I didn't like it much.