PDA

View Full Version : I feel so stupid... (ending spoilers)

Draupnir2005
06-06-2004, 01:26 AM
I don't really get the end. Why do we see Aeris at the end doing what she does a the begining? I have heard different reasons as to why, and its confused me... I feel so stupid, feel free to call me stupid if you wish... in fact I will start off!

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Draupnir2005, You are sooooo stupid! I bet you can't even speel, you have to use a spell check before you post, dont'cha?"

ZeZipster
06-06-2004, 01:33 AM
Ok, any one who doesn't want their game being spoiled you might want to leave.

She does it becuase... She is kinky like that.

Big D
06-06-2004, 07:34 AM
I think there are several reasons for why this happens.

First, it creates a kind of 'connection' between the start and the end. At the start, we see her illuminated in the glow of Mako energy... I think it's possible that she had some kind of idea that there was a great power and importance she carried, kind of like a 'premonition' about her destiny, you might say. The repetition at the ending shows how this has come 'full circle'.

There's another side to this image, too.
During the ending, the strength of Holy alone wasn't enough to combat the meteor. Meteor's power and progress was such that it was beginning to cause major damage. Holy is a spell of protection; instead of actively fighting Meteor, it was trying to hold it at bay - but that just wasn't enough. Then the Lifestream joined the battle, and the Planet's own energy channeled itself into destroying the threat. But why...? I believe that Aeris - or at least, her spirit - was behind this deus ex machina. The last thing we see is her face, in the glow of spirit energy, smiling. I think that her spirit, the remnants of her mind and consciousness, the power of the last Cetra, commanded the Lifestream to rise up and give Holy the assistance it needed. Aeris undoubtedly felt a great relief and happiness when Meteor was finally gone, and the goal that she gave her life for was completed. Her face is shown at the end to hint at all of this, I think. Without that scene, it'd be harder to decide why the Lifestream had acted in the way it did.

Also, I believe that Aeris is "true" hero of FFVII. Now, Cloud is a great character and a truly altruistic warrior, but Aeris' commitment and sacrifice goes beyond that, I think. Once she knew what she had to do, she fought on alone to spare her comrades from the risk; she laid down her life to protect a world that really hadn't been that kind to her. Even after her death, she still didn't give up.

That's what I believe, anyway.
This thread's got some pretty huge spoilers in it, so I'll just modify the title a little, OK?:)

Rinoabella
06-06-2004, 12:35 PM
I saw the beginning as Aeris being surrounded by Holy, but Big D is probably right about it being Mako.

Draupnir2005
06-06-2004, 06:39 PM
I'm sorry about not putting spoiler in the title... *smacks forehead*STUPID STUPID BOY!

But thank you, this kind of clarifies the ending for me, and I personally think Aries is the most heroic person in Final Fantasy, I mean if you look at the main "heros" in final fantasy, they often don't DO much, like Squall. He wanders around too busy being in love with Rinoa while his friends do everything else (like learning how to fly the Ragnarok(sp?) and finding out about Ultamacia(sp?)). Seriously... Aries was cool. I think Sephiroth was going to kill Tifa, but missed and hit Aries.

Lehteb
06-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Aries is cool, Draupnir2005, but i think that Aeris is much cooler, and she is a character in the game, not part of the Zodiac...
:)

You can also pretend that she is coming back to life in that final scene like so many people want to, when you think of the three times you see her face in that same manner.

Beginning of the game - Eyes open - Life
End of the first disk - Eyes closing - Death
End of the Game - Eyes opening - rebirth/resurrection