PDA

View Full Version : I gots a question about Masamune

ChaosCalibur
06-06-2004, 06:47 PM
Does Sephiroth ever carry Masamune in a holster, or does he even have one? Because as long as i remember he carries it around bare. This might be a stupid topic, but i need an answer because i'm making something...

Lehteb
06-06-2004, 07:56 PM
He is never shown with the Masamune unless it is in his hands, even when you fight with him in the flashback. However, it seems that the Masamune, being a blade only Sephiroth can weld (as stated several times in the game) must be somewhat magical, and so it probably resides in the same place as Cloud's 99 Hi-Potions, and 100000 other items.

Honestly, "I gots a question.." doesn't deserve much in the way of a response. I understand you might think you sound "cool" and "hip", but most people think you sound "stupid" and "9 years old"

ChaosCalibur
06-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Honestly, "I gots a question.." doesn't deserve much in the way of a response. I understand you might think you sound "cool" and "hip", but most people think you sound "stupid" and "9 years old"

I know, i sound stupid sometimes :)

Anyways, i had this question because in KH, he actualy "Draws" out the sword out of nowhere, so that was kind of weird.

This should be enough info for me...

Big D
06-06-2004, 11:49 PM
In the Nibelheim flashbacks, he tucks his sword through his belt after each battle. So it doesn't exactly have sheath, bit it does rest somewhere.However, it seems that the Masamune, being a blade only Sephiroth can weld (as stated several times in the game) must be somewhat magicalNah, anyone can pick it up and wave it around, but it's such a long blade that it takes unique strength and skill - like Sephiroth's - to actually use the thing effectively in a fight.

DJZen
06-07-2004, 01:50 AM
It's true though, FF characters have a long history of pulling their weapons out of nowhere. In FFI-VI you never even see their weapon unless they happen to be attacking with it right then and there, and even then, only in the battle screen.

Magic is the only way to explain this one away.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-08-2004, 06:32 AM
Useless trivia information: The blade that Sephiroth wields is a No-Dachi, a Japanese blade similar in shape to the katana and wakizashi that were carried by the samurai at all times. The No-Dachi was an extremely long blade, around six feet if memory serves, and required a great deal of strength to wield.

Sephiroth tucks it in his belt, as Big D says, like Cloud carries his sword upon his back. They just don't show it there when you are walking around. Neither of them use a sheathe though, they tuck it into a strap of some sort instead.