PDA

View Full Version : cant find mog

omnislasher
06-06-2004, 10:31 PM
I'm in the world of ruin, and I cant find mog for the second time. where the hell is he?

Del Murder
06-07-2004, 12:21 AM
He's in the moogle cave at Narshe. Make sure you check the spot right behind him because you get a Moogle Charm there.

omnislasher
06-07-2004, 11:44 PM
I looked around there for a long time, but all I found was the yeti and a magicite.

Flying Mullet
06-07-2004, 11:53 PM
Did you save Mog in the World of Balance?

If you head back to Narshe after the MagiTek Research Facility you will find Lone Wolf, the pickpocket, at the building on the right hand side of Narshe with all of the treasure. He runs away when you spot him and you chase him through the mines and back to where Tritoch is sitting (where Terra turns into an esper and flies off). Lone Wolf is holding a moogle hostage. If you stand still, the moogle squirms and kocks both the moogle and Lone Wolf onto opposite ledges. At this point you have to chose between Mog, who will join your party if you rescue him, or Lone Wolf, who will give you a Golden Hairpin.

If you didn't save Mog in the World of Balance then you can't get him in the World of Ruin.

Del Murder
06-08-2004, 02:47 AM
Actually one time I never even did that whole scenario and Mog was in the same place he usually is in World of Ruin and I named him right there. But I suspect if you pick Lone Wolf you can't get him later, wouldn't know because I always saved the little guy.

TheAbominatrix
06-08-2004, 02:51 AM
Are you sure you're in the right part of the mines, as well? You need to go in the way Terra and Locke escaped at the beginning (or vice versa, the way Terra, Edgar, and Banon infiltrated).

Strider
06-08-2004, 04:48 AM
You remember that path you took when you controlled Terra at the beginning of the game? Go that way.

From the back door of Arvis' house, just follow the exact same path over the bridge and through the mines. When you get to the point at which Terra was cornered at the beginning, you'll be able to see an entrance to the left. Go in there, and you should recognize the cave as being the same one you fought in with Locke and the Moogles to save Terra. Anyway, go up through that cave and into the opening at the top. Mog should be in there.

And if you haven't picked it up already, check the chest to the left side of the Moogle habitation. There's a Ribbon, I think, if you didn't snag the Soul Sabre in the WOB.

Flying Mullet
06-08-2004, 03:12 PM
And if you haven't picked it up already, check the chest to the left side of the Moogle habitation. There's a Ribbon, I think, if you didn't snag the Soul Sabre in the WOB.
Just a point of clairification because I've never known about the Ribbon.. It's the Rune Edge, not the Soul Sabre in the chest in the moogle cave. But if you pass it up you get a Ribbon in the WOR? Cool. I've never tried it out and I'll have to check that out.

You learn something new every day. :cool:

Flashback007
06-08-2004, 03:56 PM
The Moogle Charm, you will need hard, for the Tower of.....euhm Fanatics I believe it's called. You can get an other great relic there and there is one of the dragons, plus the last weapon of Edgar.
Plus Mog rocks
:mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog:

Strider
06-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Just a point of clairification because I've never known about the Ribbon.. It's the Rune Edge, not the Soul Sabre in the chest in the moogle cave. But if you pass it up you get a Ribbon in the WOR? Cool. I've never tried it out and I'll have to check that out.Yeah, I think it's a Ribbon. Someone might want to confirm that for me.

On a halfway related note, that's not the only place where the items change if you don't pick them up the first time around. All of those treasure chests along Terra's escape path become good items if you wait until the WOR, as do the chests in the cave leading to South Figaro.

But, yeah. And you don't necessarily need the Moogle Charm for the Fanatics' Tower. It's a lot more fun just to equip everyone with Wall Rings. :D

Flying Mullet
06-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Cool. I knew about the cave between Figaro Castle and South Figaro but not about the chests in the mines.

I wonder if any other chests change if you leave them until the WOR. Zozo is the only other area that comes to mind at the moment.

TheAbominatrix
06-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Personally, if I'm going to be there later in the game, I don't touch the chests. So if you know a location will still be intact in the WoR, leave the chests alone.