PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about it!

FFFFsephychibi
06-07-2004, 12:12 AM
I've never played FFX-2, and i wanna know some stuff about the cast?

OKAY this goes for everybody!!!

-WHO'S THE IMPORTANT CHARACTERS? (i need more than yuna, rikku, and paine)

-What weapons do they use?

-Who's the villians this time?

-What's a dress sphere?

PLEASE ANSWER THESE, or try to answer one of them, I REALLY NEED TO KNOW!!

TasteyPies
06-07-2004, 12:32 AM
-What weapons do they use?
Alot of things but from the start, Guns Swords and claws

-Who's the villians this time?
Madaam Leblanc and her hencmen, and others

-What's a dress sphere?
The items used for job class changes. Gunner, Whitemage, ect.

Big D
06-07-2004, 04:37 AM
-WHO'S THE IMPORTANT CHARACTERS? (i need more than yuna, rikku, and paine) There's Buddy, Brother and Shinra, a trio of Al Bhed who are the other half of Yuna's Gullwings team. Meyvn Nooj, Gippal and Baralai are the young male leaders of Spira's three major political groups.-Who's the villians this time?
The first major opponents you'll face are Lady Leblanc of the Leblanc Syndicate, a Sphere Hunter group that rivals the Gullwings. She's capricious and dangerous, with a sharp tongue and a wit to match. Her weapon of choice is a strange one: a hand-held purple fan. She had two henchmen, the lanky gunslinger Logos, who's smart and sarcastic; and his counterpart Ormi, a stocky brawler whose only equipment is a large shield.

There are, however, other villains in the game, more deadly and surprising than the ones listed above. However, to describe them would give away so much about the plot.-What's a dress sphere?
Dresspheres, like TasteyPies said, are the game's way of letting you change a character's 'job class', just like the crystal shards in FFV. Dresspheres are a lot like the other spheres that played a part in FFX - they're small crystal orbs, made from the energy of life, and capable of carrying all kinds of information - words, images, even thoughts and memories. A dressphere lets the user take on the appearance and characteristics of the person whose traits are burned into the sphere. For example, the sphere carrying a Black Mage's spirit transforms the character's appearance and abilities into those of a Black Mage. There are over 15 dresspheres in total, plus some particularly special ones...

It's good that you're looking for info before buying the game, but it'd be wise not to ask too many questions. There's not much that's worse than accidentally ruining big surprises by delving too deep;)

FFFFsephychibi
06-07-2004, 08:28 PM
well im to lazy to find out about it on the internet, and i dont plan on buying the game! i wanna rent it but have no money!

i heard the games horriable, but im tryin to write a humorous story about the game by using some of the characters! so i just wanted some info! gaaaahhhhhhh it's hard to understand it all... im gonna go rent it!

BUT FEEL FREE TO TELL ME ANYTHING ELSE!!! I NEED TO KNOW!!!

Big D
06-10-2004, 03:46 AM
I'm confused. You want to write an amusing story about a game you've never played, which you don't want to play, and without any first-hand knowledge or experience of it?
Hmm.

Renting FFX-2 would give you some half-decent impressions, but that game's true depth is hidden quite well. You could finish the game during a one-week rental, but you'd get nowhere near unlocking all the secrets and back-stories.

FFFFsephychibi
06-10-2004, 10:22 PM
tee hee... i no......

yeah i just wanna getta good impresion of the chracters, u know how they respond to the life that they live in.... Spira.... (if it's still called that)

the only reason y i dont wanna play the game is because of all the barely clothed women... ew... THEY NEED MORE BARELY CLOTHED GUYS!!! GAAAHHHH!!!!

um... yeah..... i rented it.. and played it for 1 hour... it was the worst ff i have ever played. (dont get offened by that)

m4tt
06-10-2004, 10:40 PM
Well if you play for only 1 hour, of course you are going to think that. You didn't even get to the good parts. Or the really good dress spheres.

Big D
06-11-2004, 04:06 AM
the only reason y i dont wanna play the game is because of all the barely clothed women... ew... THEY NEED MORE BARELY CLOTHED GUYS!!! GAAAHHHH!!!! Most of the men are similarly unclad.

um... yeah..... i rented it.. and played it for 1 hour... it was the worst ff i have ever played. (dont get offened by that)I agree with Gau. After an hour, you'd barely be past the first couple of slightly irritating missions, without having had time to get used to the game's bizarre style. Also, not even the slightest hints at the game's real plot have begun to emerge at that point.

yeah i just wanna getta good impresion of the chracters, u know how they respond to the life that they live in.... Spira.... (if it's still called that)I can help you out there. I'm going to assume you're familiar with the original game, and have completed it.
So, what follows will be full of spoilers for both titles, and shouldn't be read by anyone who doesn't want to have the plots of X and X-2 utterly ruined for them... highlight the text to view it.
in the two years following Sin’s demise, Spira changed a lot. Its people and politics are radically different. The Al Bhed are now accepted and welcomed by many, as are their ancient Machina and their newly-developed machines. The Guado, however, are the new outcasts, refugees hiding in Macalania woods. The woods themselves are dying, their magic is fading away now that the Fayth from Macalania Temple has gone. The Ronso are struggling to find unity under their new elder, Kimahri; many of the Ronso youth would rather wage war against the Guado. Humans, too, are finding new alliances and new enemies. The New Yevon party, led by Praetor Baralai, seeks to offer people the stability they knew under the original Yevon. New Yevon aims to preserve the important foundations of the old order, while accepting that some of those foundations were false. Many accuse New Yevon of hiding the truth about the past, so the Youth League was founded by Meyvn Nooj in an effort to seek out the real history of the Spira, and bring the truth to the people. The Youth League, mainly young people with nowhere else to go, is often a belligerent and warlike group. Most of the Crusaders and Chocobo Knights joined the League after Yuna’s calm started. The third group is the Al Bhed Machine Faction, a largely non-political group but aiming to develop and expand the use of machina and machines. Their leader is Gippal. There are also many smaller organisations, with their own agenda. Sphere Hunting has become a popular hobby for many; large groups are dedicated to uncovering valuable Sphere recordings of Spira’s past. The discovery of Garment Grids, by the young Al Bhed named Shinra, has also enabled the use of Dresspheres, which permit the user to gain the physical characteristics and abilities of the person whose spirit energy formed the sphere. Kimahri found a sphere on Mount Gagazet, showing a young man resembling Tidus, apparently in custody and demanding to see “the summoner”. After seeing this recording, Yuna left her quiet, pastoral life in Besaid and joined the Gullwings, the boisterous sphere hunter group led by Brother and Rikku, based on the airship Celsius. Yuna’s optimistic about Spria’s new direction. Commerce and industry are taking off around Spira, and people are beginning to enjoy life and explore their world in a way they never did before. She fears for the fragile peace, though, with rival sphere hunting groups – like the Leblanc Sybdicate – experiencing conflicts, and also the larger risk of war between New Yevon and the Youth League. Also, a wave of tourist consumerism is sweeping the planet; holy sites like the Zanarkand Ruins and Calm Lands are turning into cheap tourist attractions, and the past is treated by many as having little value. Still, she’s making the most of the gallivanting life of the sphere hunter. One particular Dressphere has a peculiar effect on her: the Songstress sphere. This sphere brings back frighteningly powerful memories and emotions of a woman named Lenne, a popular performer and also a summoner in Zanarkand just prior to the Machina War a millennium ago, the conflict where Zanarkand perished. She lost her life in that war, and instead of passing to the Farplane, her life’s spirit condensed into a Sphere. Yuna’s sphere-hunting companions are Brother and Shinra, already mentioned, along with Brother’s friend Buddy, Yuna’s cousin Rikku, and a quiet young woman named Paine, with a cold demeanour but a fierce fighting spirit and a strong desire to ‘hurt’ anything that bothers her. Paine’s reluctance to talk about her past stems from some earlier experiences, when she was the information recorder for a group of elite Crusaders cadets, who almost all perished during a disastrous training campaign two years before. In spite of her introversion, Paine still seems to enjoy what she does. During their travels, the team begin to learn of an ancient threat, a colossal Machina weapon called “Vegnagun” which was almost used in the Machina War, and has the power to draw on the planet’s own energy, pulling it directly from the Farplane. The unfading spirit of a vengeful, long-dead man named Shuyin is attempting to gain control of Vegnagun, to ‘purge’ Spira of its divisive bickering and warmongering. Shuyin was Lenne’s lover; the two were shot by Bevelle soldiers, together, during the war. They weren’t able to say final words to one another; Shuyin ended up alone,trapped between the Farplane and the real world, in a cavern near the Mushroom Rock Road. With Lenne’s spirit trapped in a Sphere, the two were never able to meet, even on the Farplane, so they couldn’t fade away together. Shuyin’s anger and misery lingered, growing for a thousand years. Then came the Crimson Squad, the Crusaders trainees which included Paine, Baralai, Gippal and Nooj. The Squad were ordered to investigate the ‘Den of Woe’, a mysterious abyss which turned out to be Shuyin’s resting place. The Squad was wiped out by sheer overwhelming terror and fatal delusions, brought on by Shuyin’s amplified hostility. He possessed Nooj, Baralai and Gippal, leaving each of them with knowledge of Vegnagun, before settling in Nooj’s body. Those four – Paine, Barali, Gippal and Nooj – were the only survivors of the Crimson Squad disaster, and Yevon wanted to cover up its failure. The survivors went into hiding to avoid getting murdered by Maester Kinoc for knowing too much. Shuyin, influencing Nooj, continued the hunt for Vegnagun. Eventually Gippal, Nooj and Baralai descended under Bevelle to Vegnagun’s hangar, but the giant machina was gone. They followed it down into the depths of the Farplane, where Shuyin took control of Baralai’s body to use in controlling the device. Shuyin’s presence in the Farplane sent waves of anguish around the souls of the dead; Fiends began to emerge from the Chambers of the Fayth, and even the spirits of the Fayth themselves – the Aeons – returned, driven into madness by Shuyin’s presence. Yuna and her friends fought off the attacks, although Yuna was anguished and perplexed to be fighting dark forms of her own Aeons once again. In Djose Temple, Yuna fell into the Faplane as well, where Shuyin was confused by the Songstress Dressphere and mistook her for Lenne. Yuna then learned what had happened and why, and decided once again to act to save Spira. Aided by the Leblanc Syndicate (headed by Nooj’s girlfriend, Lady Leblanc), the team fought their way to Vegnagun itself, but it was already active. A critical design flaw meant that the device became defensive and aggressive against anyone who approached it with hostile intent, be they friend of foe. After beating down the colossal contraption and preventing it from destroying Spira from the inside out, Yuna gain used the Songstress sphere to “impersonate” Lenne, to try to pacify Shuyin’s millennium of despair. He saw through the deception, though, and abandoned Baralai’s body to take on human form for one last fight. After being defeated, Shuyin’s spirit began to fade – but Lenne’s appeared, too, freed from the Dressphere. The two souls finally faded away in each others’ arms. Spira was freed from peril again, and unity was re-established between the Youth League and New Yevon, and many other groups, thanks to Yuna’s aid. She realised, though, that the sphere Kimahri showed her was not who she thought it was; rather it was Shuyin, recorded a thousand years ago. The similarity to Tidus started her on the journey, but in the end it was he own similarity to Lenne that helped to prevent a catastrophe.
What happens next depends upon how you play the game…
Beside from all this, though, there are several other deep and involved sub-plots running throughout the game, and presenting new aspects of Spira’s cultures, and new angles on the main characters.
Rikku, as ever, is exuberant, chatty and really quite insane sometimes. If anything, she’s more wild than in the previous game. Yuna has followed her example, but to a lesser extent. She’s more self-confident, less afraid to speak her mind or make tough decisions during crisis situations. Paine’s dry, sarcastic sense of humour, and her often dark and cynical outlook on things, doesn’t really change; but over time she grows to trust Yuna and Rikku more, opening up to them a little.
Brother, who was unstable enough in the last game, has become something else entirely. He’s hopelessly in love with Yuna, his cousin, but he also tries to be a confident and excited leader for the Gullwings group. In spite of his manic leadership, though, the team usually end up agreeing on things by mutual consensus.
Shinra, the Al Bhed “whizkid”, is very knowledgeable and always seems to be working on something new… but whenever he’s stumped by a question, however simple, he explains away his ignorance with “I’m just a kid”.
Leblance, Ormi and Logos might seem villainous at first, but really they’re just out to make some gil and find spheres, much like the Gullwings. Sure, they’re all a little odd and militaristic at times, but Leblanc’s crazy mix of hopeless romanticism and raunchy aggression makes her an entertaining character, in my opinion.

Well, that’s my two cents of FFX-2’s plot and its characters; I hope this’s all useful to you somehow. Good luck with the story!

FFFFsephychibi
06-15-2004, 01:12 AM
thanks alot! :D