PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII

aeris2001x2
06-07-2004, 11:26 AM
hey ppl, i know ffXII is not even out in japan yet but looking ahead, what would u like ffXIII 2 be like?

please post here what u genrally hope it will be like , or maybe u could post here what u would do if u were in charge of the ffXIII development staff.

back to basics? maybe a complete space sci-fi setting? what style of graphics? realistic? anime?...what kind of story? what would be your PERFECT ff title?

Ultima Shadow
06-07-2004, 03:35 PM
I want FFXIII to be something like the old ones. Damage base:like IX. Music: As long as it's Nobou Uematsu it's fine. Graphic: Anything as long as I like it. Character Abilities: like IV and IX, every character have its own abilities and no classes like in FFV and FFX2. Characters: As far from those in FFX2 as possible. Super Bosses: Ultima Weapon MUST BE IN IT, somewhere, somehow. And dont make him such a joke! :mad2: Also... I whould want the Scan spell to look like the one in FFVIII and I whould like to see more of the card games. :D

Kirobaito
06-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Like this. (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12353&pagenumber=1)

aeris2001x2
06-08-2004, 09:14 PM
king bahamat i cant believe u put a link to a thread started in 2001. i,m not going to look back that far to see if this sort of topic was done before.

Kirobaito
06-09-2004, 03:18 AM
I wasn't being a mod-whore. That was an FF fanfic made by me and bunch of old veterans. I would like FFXIII to be THAT story-game thing. Geez alou. Don't jump all over my back. That thread had nothing to do with this kind of thing. That thread was made before FF 10 was even released (a couple of days before it was released, actually). In other words, I answered your question. I wasn't accusing you of anything.

Del Murder
06-09-2004, 04:06 AM
I can only hope it be another throwback like FFIX was. Perhaps it will be for a new system, seems these games come in threes.

aeris2001x2
06-09-2004, 09:32 AM
I wasn't being a mod-whore. That was an FF fanfic made by me and bunch of old veterans. I would like FFXIII to be THAT story-game thing. Geez alou. Don't jump all over my back. That thread had nothing to do with this kind of thing. That thread was made before FF 10 was even released (a couple of days before it was released, actually). In other words, I answered your question. I wasn't accusing you of anything.

ok sorry, i thought you were grilling me about it. i,ll give it a read in a while, it would be interesting to see what a pre ffX view on the ideal ff would be.

-N-
06-12-2004, 06:53 AM
You'd better be asking that about FFXIV instead of FFXIII because Square already has FFXIII in the works. I was alpha-testing their battle engine for bugs just a few days back, actually.

But man, the plot looks promising. It's definitely deviant from the typical romanticized plots in FFs these days, especially in events when the main character (Rolan was his name in the A-test) I hope you're not buying any of this.

Estes
06-15-2004, 06:35 PM
I hope its just more challenging than some of the more recent FF's. Like ultima shadow said we need Ultima Weapon and he can't be a push over, i would also enjoy a slew of new, innovative, and challenging super bosses. another thing i would like to see is a mix between FFX's battle system and Legend of Dragoon's battle system, i really enjoyed timing the hits to perform combo's it made me feel like i had more to do with the battle. :) just my thoughts

aeris2001x2
06-16-2004, 10:29 AM
lol we need super bossess so hard that even Penance is a pushover in comparison.

p.s there has never been a hard ultima weapon in the history of FF so your right it is about time we had one.

Ultima Shadow
06-17-2004, 07:53 PM
Like ultima shadow said we need Ultima Weapon and he can't be a push over
Someone else like Ultima weapon! I'm going to start an Ultima Weapon fan club!!!!!! *Jumps around shouting, overjoyed.*

lol we need super bossess so hard that even Penance is a pushover in comparison.

p.s there has never been a hard ultima weapon in the history of FF so your right it is about time we had one.
YES!!! ULTIMA WEAPON, IT'S TIME TO SHOW US YOUR TRUE POWER!
But in FFVIII he was atleast the most POWERFULL boss. He's a hell to solo when he's on lvl100 with Squall and without Lionheart or any invincible items. While Omega just was pure crap even when you soloed him this way. Ultima Weapon uses RANDOM Ligth pillar atacks. While Omega just go the same way all the time. All you need to solo him is Defend to guard against Terra Break, X-Potion or wathever to heal before and after Megidoflame and GF's to guard against his one NON-RANDOM Ligth pillar atack. Geez... and at first I tougth Omega Weapon was harder than Ultima Weapon... what a shame. :aimblush:

Oh well, this is about XIII not VIII.

ChaosCalibur
06-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Now i'm scared of Light Pillars :cry: I do wonder though why isn't Ultima all powerfull, after all, it's ULTIMA!

About XIII, i don't know, since it's XIII it should be set in some deep dark and evil worlds. But not futuristic,because i doubt Square-Enix will make any world cooler than FFVIII/FFVII, Something between KH and FF mix would work well (If you look past the "Disney" stuff and whatnot you can see a great story in it, not that i'm saying it's bad, i just don't want FF going kidie... If it does, the T would change to E and all hell will break loose...) I myself would rather see a remake of the old FFs though...

Ultima Shadow
06-17-2004, 09:29 PM
I do wonder though why isn't Ultima all powerfull, after all, it's ULTIMA!

Excactly! *Asks ChaosCalibur to join the Ultima Weapon fan club.* :D
(no, I don't seriously have an Ultima Weapon fan club)

zacks_clone
06-18-2004, 01:50 AM
I read alot of midevil like things,mingled with magic and chaos...But i dont much like midevil videogames.IX dissapointed me,and though X wasnt midevil,it was set in a less scifi enviornment then VII was,and i didnt like X much at all. I'd like to see a battle system much like VII or X's. More free range,though I did like that IX's had specific jobs. Maybe a mix of IX and X would be nice.Limit the characters more. Warriors should not learn magic,summoners shouldnt have high attack powers,excetra. I want a story with a bunch of twists and turns. Tear jerker at the end, not some "YAY!ITS OVER!",and if not a tear jerker ending,atleast somewhere in the game I want one. Graphics...Well,if they cant outdo X,then make them no worse then X.I want a villian thats not constantly dying and comming back( :: cough :: seymore ::cough:: ) and i dont want a end boss that there was absolutly NO mention of through the WHOLE game (necrone of IX for example).I'd also like to see it in a scifi world,but it seems unlikely such a thing could be carries out again.Worth a shot.And goodness, give the characters a PERSONALITY!Something some of us can relate to,even just a tiny bit.

Estes
06-18-2004, 10:25 AM
I think it is possible to relate to the characters in Final Fantasy all you have to do is put yourself in their shoes. i mean wouldn't you feel the same sorrow Terra felt if you were "mysteriously" gifted with magic and didn't know why and then found out the empire used here powers for evil. the only way you could really relate to the characters is if they made a modern day FF set in the real world, yet thankfully that will never happen. ( i don't know how to do the spoiler thing)