PDA

View Full Version : Put the toilet seat down when you are done.

EternalBahamut
06-08-2004, 01:29 AM
The main purpose of this post is to have a good understanding of playing ettiquette (and to bitch a little). Along with the strategy guide and the websites, each game should include a little reading manuel on what to do and definately what not to do. I have not been playing too long but have picked up a few things but I definately would like to know more.
Some things I have noticed so far:
Zoning - as a rule I hate it. I have died probably 10 times since I started and 8 of those are because people who really should not be fighting in the area that they are in are bitting off more then they can chew and have the old Goblin train they drop off on the poor party at the entry to the map (who are fighting the lv monsters that they can really handle). I have seen, in the dunes, a lv 15 monk soloing and running for his live to the highlands and had 5 gobs on his tail which promptly wiped out the lower level parties at the opening. My team was lucky to get out alive. First of all, you shouldn't solo till at least what 25ish in the dunes and sure that guy made it but he was responsible for killing 6 other players, not cool. What I try to do is one person argo the second monster and run in circles till the party is done wth the first then come back or prokoke away and die for the team. Also had a friend helping me last night in the highlands to get my skull for the sub job and a low lv group of 3 were trying to take on ghould by themselves and I had to keep zoning because they had 3 skeletons on them. If my friend had have finally gotten the skull drop (which is phenominally low drop rate) we would have lost it and had to spend another 2 hours there. Any enough rambeling on that.
Another thing, that has been discussed a little, is how hard it can be to get white mage but I know never to send a tell to invite unless the green ! is there.
Also how much is appropriate for things like asking for teleporting from a mage or raising. A lot of people will do it for free or don't ask but should you as a player offer like 500 gil?
Asking questions - I will ask someone for advice sometimes from a higher lv player if my LS has no one in and I hate when I don't get a response. If you don't want to help then fine but just reply too busy or lie and say don't know instead of pointing at me...or dancing (oh yes I did get a dance once)

anyway, reply, bitch, whatever you want...I don't like stepping on toes :'D

eternalshiva
06-08-2004, 10:57 AM
Yay! Rants! I have a few ^_^

I've been trying to party in Valkrum for two days now and it seems to be afflicted with the STUPIDEST people EVER lately, like *I'm a Warrior, but I never voke* or *I'm a whm but I want to hit stuff* -.-'

As leader of a party, I try to make it as balanced as possible but if dumb arses join up then you're screwed. My main tank last night kept going AFK in the middle of BATTLE and it nearly killed everyone. The whm was staying super close to battle, ignoring my calls for him to move back and DIED like three times and had the nerve to yell at me for letting him die. I so disbanned after a fight since everyone died because of the tank and the whm I had 8 hp left and I ran like the wind. I was uber mad 3 hrs in Valkrum for 800 EXP, that was a waste of time >.< People should know their abilities with their jobs and stop messing around >;o

Citizen Bleys
06-08-2004, 11:44 AM
If you think Valkurm's full of stupid, wait 'til you see Qufim.

I blame powerlevelling. People get to high levels without doing a lick of work, so they haven't learned all of the things that those of us who level the hard way have learned.

White Mage Nico
06-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Well... lets not get TOO angry about some peopl who cant really play the game right n,n its just a game. And the WHM that yelled at you, tell him this bc if he got angry over dying then... n,n" he plays a bit too much :cry:

HOOTERS
06-08-2004, 03:14 PM
Maybe the White mage who attacks and the warrior who doesnt whatever just want more of a challenge. I thought it would be more interesting to play with people who don't always do what they're supposed to. I dunno, I haven't even played this game. I just wanted to say that girls should put there own damn toilet seat down. There, I said it. :smash:

eternalshiva
06-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Well... lets not get TOO angry about some peopl who cant really play the game right n,n its just a game. And the WHM that yelled at you, tell him this bc if he got angry over dying then... n,n" he plays a bit too much :cry:

I'm not really all that mad, I'm annoyed. you loose 10% of your exp when you die and when you are high in levels, that's alot of exp. considering you only get between 50 to 100 EXP in a fight and then die cause your white mage is dumb and the tank is dumber and you lose like 600 exp, it irks you after 4 or 5 times and you level down >.<

Citizen Bleys
06-08-2004, 07:47 PM
I just wanted to say that girls should put there own damn toilet seat down. There, I said it. :smash:

Hear, hear.

Bahamut2000X
06-08-2004, 09:40 PM
Ya it really sucks when you spend hours of hard work to manage to get some EXP, and then in a matter of seconds some dumba** ends up messing things up (half the time on purpose, half the time on sheer stupidity) and make you lose hours of work.

Besides half the time you die in a party, especially if a lot of the party dies, they split up, or someone leaves, or it just takes damned long to get reorganized. So dying get's annoying especially alot from people who can't show a bit on intelligence.

Fentar
07-30-2004, 12:59 AM
I have only played for a month and i was doing a low level party like level 5. (It works and im not gunna argue) I was a huge newb and didnt know what i was doing so me and this guy go after some yags and we get some good xp and i level up. I think i can take a crawler and i start hitting and the guy sits there and waits until im at 5 hp to start attacking! I die and level down. My first level down so im pretty pissed! I walk down the steps of the mog house and this mithra runs up to yelling all in caps "NOOB YOU CANT SELL BLIND FOR 400 GIL"!!! Angry beyond belief! I go hunting with the same guy the next day and i was trying to lvl my red mage he dies while we are fighting yags and i get a /tell "F'in NOOB YOUR A RED MAGE AND YOU DONT HEAL Fyou NOOB!