PDA

View Full Version : No BS prequal to FFVII.

Jolts
06-08-2004, 06:55 AM
Tip & Tricks, a very reliable gaming magazine I subscribe to, has briefly mentioned some tidbits about the prequal to FFVII. It's called "Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis" and you walk around as people that look to be Turks. This is based about six years before the happenings of FFVII.
According to the pictures (which don't necessarily mean anything), it's an action game, not RPG. You walk around and fight enemies as they appear on the screen (like with Final Fight). So far, it's only for Japanese cell phones of some sort.

This kinda' sucks. I think they're really trying to get people to stop asking for sequals to FFVII. They never really liked FFVII in the first place. They were more interested with FFVIII, and FFVII was just a practice run to learn the coding. So says Squaresoft themselves (in an interview with T&T).

TheAbominatrix
06-08-2004, 06:59 AM
Then... how does that explain FF:AC? That's an actual sequel. Before Crisis is probably just to feed the cellphone game hype in Japan, and cash in some more on FFVII. Whether VII was a practice run or not, it became a fan favorite. Square knows what they're doing. And I highly doubt they care how many times fans ask for a sequel. They dont do things to 'shut people up', they do it to make money.

Jolts
06-08-2004, 07:16 AM
FF: AC isn't a game, now is it? People want a freakin' game sequal, not a movie (at least, I know that's what I want). Either way, I don't like the action style to the prequal (even if US ever gets it), but nobody's forcing me to play it, so I won't :D. One nifty thing, I thought, is that it appears that other people can connect to play multiplayer wirelessly at any time. So if you're having trouble with an enemy, and someone sees you, they can join in and help you right then and there. That part sounds pretty cool.

Also, I saw a picture of the FF: AC Barret, and HE HAS A NEW, ROBOTIC ARM!!. That's a little off topic, but I wanted to share with those who don't mind being spoiled. If you do mind, don't look, you might not like it.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-08-2004, 07:17 AM
I pretty much agree with Abominatrix. When you get right down to it, Square exists to make money.

TheAbominatrix
06-08-2004, 07:20 AM
Oh jeez. They finally give us a sequel and it's no good cause it aint a game? You silly fans :p. I'm perfectly happy with the movie, myself. Anyway, if you dont like the action game, don't play it, like you said. I dont like the idea either, and personally I dont think the game needed a prequel, anyway. Or even if it did, on or the other would be better, not both.

And yes he does, not to mention a new hairstyle too. Everyone seems to have undergone a few slight changes.

Rainecloud
06-08-2004, 07:23 AM
After all these years of waiting patiently, they give us this.

I've just about lost all faith.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-08-2004, 07:24 AM
I'm looking forward to AC myself. It's amazing how well they did Cloud's hair.

TheAbominatrix
06-08-2004, 07:26 AM
I'm looking forward to AC myself. It's amazing how well they did Cloud's hair.

Me too. I was really surprised they made a way to make such an unnatural style look real.

Jolts
06-08-2004, 07:31 AM
Oh, I'm looking forward to the movie, but I'd much rather have a game. I got no problem with the movie. Heck, I was one of the few (apparently) that actually liked FF: TSW. Still, an FFVII game with the PS2 capabilities would've been sweet. Oh well, you take what you get, or do without (or make it yourself and risk getting into copyright trouble), right?

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-08-2004, 07:31 AM
I'm just curious as to whether Sephiroth's hair is fake or if he actually grew and died that much hair. That'd be pretty amazing.

DJZen
06-08-2004, 07:42 AM
And if they DID make a sequel for PS2, how many of you would be saying "this sucks! it's nothing like FFVII!" or "it's just a lame attempt on their part to cash in on the game!"? Seriously, their only other direct sequel didn't seem to go down to well with fans, are you REALLY sure you want a sequel? They made a sequel to Highlander you know.

Jolts
06-08-2004, 06:30 PM
If we get to play as Cloud, Tifa, Barret, Cid, and Vincent again, in the sequal, then yess, I would like it. If Cloud was removed, then I probably wouldn't like it.

Starcrest
06-09-2004, 05:40 AM
only thing i dont like about the prequel is that it's only 4 cell phones, which i found pretty stupid. and for a sequal game, well that'd just kick ass..even though it was off topic

Jolts
06-09-2004, 06:00 AM
I don't know if any of this information is on their website, but here it is anyway.

http://www.tipstricks.com

Big D
06-09-2004, 07:38 AM
This thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=46046) is the place to go for "Before Crisis" discussion:cool: