Polaris
06-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Being locked at a lift.

Misfit
06-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Bugs. They scare me. Really badly. :l

P8
06-08-2004, 03:12 PM
and not needles for tapping blood, but needles for anaesthesia in my mouth, RAAAA, got a real bad trauma of that; became a muTANT thanks to that :D nvm, Dutch joke :D

Logan
06-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Giving speeches, and spiders.

Ichy
06-08-2004, 04:47 PM
I have a severe fear of 2 things. Not having enough money to live comfortably... and the monster I become when I'm wasted.

Rainecloud
06-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Underwater machinery. And yes, I'm being serious.

P8
06-08-2004, 05:42 PM
haha, whys that? you mean underwater camera's etc?

Leeza
06-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Heights.

TasteyPies
06-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Spiders and being in small spaces, air ducts ect.

Masami
06-08-2004, 06:41 PM
I'm afraid of heights. But I use it to my advantage, it makes theme park rides more fun. ^_^

Kirobaito
06-08-2004, 06:47 PM
OMG. Spiders. Ick. :grover:

HanaKirei
06-08-2004, 09:38 PM
*cracks knuckles and clears throat* Lesse here...I'm scared of spiders, bugs, needles, inclosed spaces, ghosts, aliens, things that go bump in the night, the dark (yes, I'm sometimes still scared of the dark - but usually only after I've had a freaky dream or I hear some sort of unexplainable noise and freak out; or if somebody I don't know starts knocking on my window at 4am), blood (all up to circumstance - I can take blood in small doses, movies, animated form, and so on; but if someone in real life is gushing blood, I'll freak), dying, losing what I care about, hospitals, people sneaking up behind me, horror movies, zombies, and the list goes on. o_o; As you can see, I scare kinda easily.

m4tt
06-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Spiders, heights, and tall goofy guys that like to grope.

square_is_the_best
06-08-2004, 09:45 PM
*cracks knuckles and clears throat* Lesse here...I'm scared of spiders, bugs, needles, inclosed spaces, ghosts, aliens, things that go bump in the night, the dark (yes, I'm sometimes still scared of the dark - but usually only after I've had a freaky dream or I hear some sort of unexplainable noise and freak out; or if somebody I don't know starts knocking on my window at 4am), blood (all up to circumstance - I can take blood in small doses, movies, animated form, and so on; but if someone in real life is gushing blood, I'll freak), dying, losing what I care about, hospitals, people sneaking up behind me, horror movies, zombies, and the list goes on. o_o; As you can see, I scare kinda easily.

BOO!!!

Anyway, I have hydrophhbia. I am ok with taking showers and stuff. But pools scare the crap out of me. If I walk by the edge of it, I try to stay as far away as possible for fear of falling in. I guess I'm afraid of drowning. It scares me just thinking about the water rushing into my lungs and...*shudders*

System Id
06-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Public speaking and snakes. I just hope I never have to give a speech to an audience of snakes. I'd be in big trouble. :p

Rye
06-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Big waves. I had nightmares a lot about huge Tsunamis coming down on me...

Peegee
06-08-2004, 10:00 PM
falling from heights. I can do roller coasters with loops with no problem (actually I love them), but things like that human pendulum or skydiving? Hell no. I think I also would still have a problem climbing down a cliff :o

Leeza
06-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Public speaking and snakes. I just hope I never have to give a speech to an audience of snakes. I'd be in big trouble. :p
Right. I forgot about that public speaking phobia thing that I also have.

m4tt
06-08-2004, 10:49 PM

Whoops, forgot about those. I've almost fainted quite a few times while speaking in public. Snakes give me the boo-boo-jeebies.

Shlup
06-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Water I can't see through. There are bodies in the lake! :fpcry:

Lord Xehanort
06-08-2004, 11:22 PM
Nyctophobia (sp?)
Arachnophobia
Juniophobia
Tristadecaphobia
Claustrophobia
Xenophobia
Hydrophobia
Acrophobia
Hemophobia (is that even a word?)
Phobophobia
Entophobia
Agorophobia

Jebus
06-09-2004, 02:17 AM
Heights.

I'm absolutely terrified of heights. I started getting vertigo on the top of the bleachers at school and that's not even that high up. Just thinking about it makes me nervous.

DeBlayde
06-09-2004, 02:22 AM
I think it's kinda funny that phobia, a fear which totally unhinges and brings on a panic attack, has become just something that creeps you out. :)

me, i've got fears, sure. don't let them keep me from doing anything. usually if i'm scared of something, it's motivation to go and do it.

One of the most common phobias, agoraphobia, hasn't been mentioned. it's the fear of open/unfamiliar places. nobody? no? oh. disappointment.

for point of reference, Ansem, phobia of heights is called acrophobia. don't know why. peculiarity of Latin, I guess. :)

SomethingBig
06-09-2004, 02:27 AM
I have social phobia(social anxiety disorder), a HUGE fear of heights(and roller coasters look so cool, too :cry:), I have a fear of being alone, I have a fear of going to far from the beach.

Jebus
06-09-2004, 02:35 AM
DeBlayde reminded me. I do have slight agoraphobia, as in I start getting nervous in open spaces, but I haven't been out long enough to find out if I actually panic or not. To make things worse I'm also claustrophobic. Open spaces and closed spaces, bad combo.

Shoeberto
06-09-2004, 02:36 AM
Height and darkness.

Montoya
06-09-2004, 02:42 AM
Necrophobia.

I am a little afraid of public speaking, but not enough that I freak out. I still public speak even though I get very nervous.

DMKA
06-09-2004, 04:07 AM
Bugs. They scare me. Really badly. :l
Yeah...same here. I also have that open where I'm scared of like...big open space with no other life around...like rural areas...like here, which is why I never go outside unless I'm going somewhere...I must have people around (which is why I'll be overjoyed when I return to Norwalk, CA in a couple days:D). Also, I have fearaphobia...I fear fear.

HanaKirei
06-09-2004, 04:27 AM
BOO!!!

Ieeeeeeeeeeee!!! O_O;;; *hides*

fire_of_avalon
06-09-2004, 04:35 AM
I don't have any phobias.

DMKA
06-09-2004, 04:43 AM
Well you do now :evilking:

Rusty
06-09-2004, 07:46 AM
knives and heights.

Fuzakeru
06-09-2004, 08:09 AM
I have plenty of fears but only one phobia. I'm not talking, "Eh that creeps me out!" but . . . "HOLY -insert random 'naughty' words in here-!"
Clowns. I forgot what the name of that phobia is but I can not look at a clown and feel safe. I can handle it on TV ( not IT . . . ) but not in real life, EVER! I last saw one at the St. Patrick's Day Parade and I ran screaming from it and nearly ran over our band's Tuba Player.

Project G
06-09-2004, 01:31 PM
So you do have phobias, but do you know what they are called???? because I do

TasteyPies
06-09-2004, 01:33 PM
I have the phobia of not know what phobias are called...uh whats it called again.. AHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meat Puppet
06-09-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm afraid of being in a large crowd of people who I am roughly familiar with. I'm fine with strangers.

Project G
06-09-2004, 01:42 PM
I'm afraid of being in a large crowd of people who I am roughly familiar with. I'm fine with strangers.
Ahhh,Anthropophobia

TasteyPies
06-09-2004, 01:44 PM
fine DON'T tell me what mine is and let me live in fear, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:

Project G
06-09-2004, 01:45 PM
fine DON'T tell me what mine is and let me live in fear, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:
Sorry Tasteypies, I don't know what that is called

DMKA
06-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Ahhh,Anthropophobia
Isn't that like...fear of things like the guy in my sig/avatar?

Fuzakeru
06-09-2004, 09:10 PM
O_o @ the Anthro comment. Dude, that's wrong. XD!

Meat Puppet
06-09-2004, 09:12 PM
I may or may not be afraid of that guy in devilmaykickasses signature/avatar.

Project G
06-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Isn't that like...fear of things like the guy in my sig/avatar?
no, its a fear of people and society

Oh yeah, Tasteypies your phobia is called phobiaphobia. Seriously

Lord Xehanort
06-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Isn't it Phobaphobia? Fear of one's own fears.

Mikztsu
06-10-2004, 02:24 PM
No, no fobias, but I don't like heights too much. I love flying, rollercoasters etc, but for example if I look down from a very high roof or something like that, I feel scared. So you could say I fear the prospect of falling a lot, from the places I could easily fall if I screwed up somehow.

It was horrible when I was a kid; my friends always wanted to climb on high places ( like ladders to some factories chimneys and other stuff) and of course I wouldn't admit to them that I'm afraid, nor did I want it to show from me. So Mik climped and climped tens of meters high places scared for his life. *_<

But it's not fobia, as I love high places that are safe and I know I can't fall from there. *loves take-off and landing in airplane*

Project G
06-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Isn't it Phobaphobia? Fear of one's own fears.

To be honest, I don't know, Doom told me that one, so blame him if its wrong

Ichy
06-10-2004, 04:15 PM
It's really quite interesting to observe how many people seem to mistake simple Vertigo as a fear of heights. Many times when you look down from a high place your brain will not be able to process depth perception as quickly as your eyes can feed the information they are recieving. This triggers dizziness, and sometimes even a minor loss of motor control, a reaction built into us as a defense mechanism that forces upon us the powerful instinct to back away from what we perceive to be the danger to our well being. We call this Vertigo.

In as much, often times what may be claimed as a fear of heights can really be attributed as a fear of one's lack of total self control.