PDA

View Full Version : I have a question...

Shadow Nexus
06-08-2004, 11:38 PM
http://www.i-am-asian.com/

Does anyone know if this is actually serious? I mean, I just got this URL from a friend who said it was "more sickening than goatse, rotten and :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou: put together". Uh...seriously, is this real? It's a little bit creepy...

Fuzakeru
06-08-2004, 11:53 PM
Erhm. I dunno but is being Asian and eating McDonalds "living on the rim"???

Shadow Nexus
06-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Erhm. I dunno but is being Asian and eating McDonalds "living on the rim"???

Yeah...well....thats what I was pointing out. I mean, if it's real, it is quite an insult to intelligence and to asians. It looks as if their identity as US citizens needs to be justified on the consumption of crap food, because such is the "American way of life" (Being obese and dying from coronary diseases is the American way of life? I am so happy I don't live in USA!). Basically, it seems as they attempt to represent their awful hamburgers as the fusion of two cultures, it's a lack of respect to asians and americans, and in fact it's so agressive it looks satirical.

"Whether we're sipping green tea or enjoying a Big Mac® sandwich, we're helping make the magic mix called America become even richer. And McDonald's is right there with us, everyday!"

Eh...and looking deeper into the site, it looks like...it's actually serious. I need a vomiting bag...now.

Shlup
06-09-2004, 12:14 AM
Its pretty convincing, but if it is real then whatever marketing genius came up with this idea should be held responsible and strung up.

Fuzakeru
06-09-2004, 12:18 AM
I see. -nods- If this is real then I think McDonald's overstepped their lines and I can see how this is insulting. -laughs- I'm glad I'm just the average "living on the rim" dumb white person. ^_^;;
. . . I'm joking for those who are to uptight to know that. -hugs the offended-

Shadow Nexus
06-09-2004, 12:22 AM
What does living on the rim mean anyway? English be second language, me no speak argot.

Leeza
06-09-2004, 12:30 AM
I think that the "living on the rim" part refers to living on the Pacific Rim, West Coast of America, etc.

Yamaneko
06-09-2004, 12:35 AM
The United States is the center of the universe, everyone else is "living on the rim". However, do not fret, for the McDonald's Corporation has validated your existence and included you and your culture into the great fabric of all other commercialized minorities by commercializing YOUR culture, and exploiting it to the masses. I want to be Asian and i'm lovin' it, McDonald's that is.

Don't take this seriously. And what Leeza said is right.

Shadow Nexus
06-09-2004, 12:45 AM
However, do not fret, for the McDonald's Corporation has validated your existence and included you and your culture into the great fabric of all other commercialized minorities by commercializing YOUR culture, and exploiting it to the masses.

That is amazing! I am so happy McDonald's remembers to infect my culture too, I hope I get a i-am-latin web site soon. Of course, latin means South America and Spain, so they need to make a good mixture of...you know...latin appealing things. Like masked wrestlers, tango and bull fighting or something like that.

But I am not a minority. I'd like to have a McDonald's site faced to people like me. Um...such as...McDonald's Likes Poetry. Example:

Poetry is great
and we open the crate
and poetry comes out
and enters in a spout
of an English teapot
and Lord Byron drinks it
while smoking pot,
just..um...a little bit!

Woah, I am a genious at rhymes.

When is i-am-indian.com coming? "We are hinduists, and that is very cool, we respect our culture but sometimes we eat some cow. Wait, we can also eat chicken, don't worry! And it's cheap and healthy!"

DMKA
06-09-2004, 04:30 AM
http://i-am-white.com/

Well apparently, someone else found it pretty rediculous as well.

(P.S. no offense is intended to anyone by it I just found it ok).

Peegee
06-09-2004, 05:51 AM
xD nice parody.

Apparently I'm 'living on the rim' too. Represent, my...chiggaz

....chiggaz...<< >>

*runs*

Rainecloud
06-09-2004, 07:20 AM
Trust McDonalds.

I'm starting to like Colonel Sanders more by the minute.

Shadow Nexus
06-09-2004, 06:26 PM
http://i-am-white.com/

Well apparently, someone else found it pretty rediculous as well.

(P.S. no offense is intended to anyone by it I just found it ok).

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! :laugh:

I needed that. Thanks dude.

TasteyPies
06-09-2004, 06:40 PM
"May is Asian Pacific American Heritage month. At McDonald's we are celebrating Asian and Pacific Islander Americans’ impact on America."

Asian Pacific American Heritage month...say that three times fast

So when is Asian Atlanitc American Heritge month? How about Asian Pacific Canadian Heritage Month? Whats so special about people by the Pacific why are they better than anyone else? Why dont we just have a PERSON month, its stupid to put people in groups.