Shlup
06-09-2004, 12:23 AM
I like some of each and all of none.

Erdrick Holmes
06-09-2004, 12:32 AM
Fighting

Shoyku
06-09-2004, 12:36 AM
I like them all to some extent, but sports games not as much.

Agent Proto
06-09-2004, 12:45 AM
I like them all. :)

Lord Chainsaw
06-09-2004, 04:40 AM
I'm not one to say no to a specific genre of games. I try to open myself up to them all, but some are obviously more favored than others.

I'll take Action RPGs over anything, then probably Adventure of those listed.

Mo-Nercy
06-09-2004, 11:50 AM
If I were to rank my favourite type of games:

1. Bemani (I'd call this a genre)
2. Fighting
3. FPS
4. RTS
5. RPG
6. Racing

...and I hate everything else.

Kirobaito
06-09-2004, 06:52 PM
I like them all. :)

Xander
06-10-2004, 10:45 AM
RPG - Definately
Fighting - Only Tekken really
Adventure - If you class point-and-click adventures as Adventure then yes I love them =D
Sports - Not really, with the exception of Street...something Basketball on the C64, plus all the Olympic games on the C64, Summer Games, Winter Games, etc :D

Project G
06-10-2004, 02:52 PM
who likes these kinds of games:

RPG
fighting
adventure
sports

RPG
Fighting
Adventure

Rainecloud
06-10-2004, 06:20 PM
RPG:
I enjoy playing RPGs, although I have to set aside a lot of time if I want to complete them "properly". I enjoy playing the Final Fantasy games, but some of them irritate me with their questionable character development methods. IE - Final Fantasy VIII's notoriously bad levelling-up system, which allowed monsters to level up along with you. I understand the logic for doing this, but it changed a lifelong FF tradition that I used to enjoy. Thank goodness they fixed this "problem" in FFIX. Aside from the FF games, I enjoy the Zelda Series, Grandia (the first one only, mind), the Little Big Adventure series and plenty more. The music also made me love these games. The FF soundtracks are excellent, and the music in Zelda and the LBA games isn't half bad, either.

Sports:
Aside from the excellent WWE: Smackdown series for the Playstation 2, I don't play any sports games. The glory days of NBA Jam on the Genesis/Megadrive are long gone, Football games irritate me, and I cannot stand driving games no matter how much I force myself to tolerate them.

Platform:
For some reason, I absolutely adore platform games. Aside from the obvious ones I'm about to mention (Mario, Sonic, Yoshi, Ratchet 'n' Clank, Jak 'n' Daxter, Banjo Kazooie and *ahem* Croc...), I also love Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil on the PS2 and the lesser known Dynamite Headdy on the Genesis/Megadrive. I still love platform games, and it's a shame they don't make many scrolling ones these days. Viewtiful Joe comes pretty close to being a proper platformer, but it falls into the fighting category. Oh, and I hated Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine. Boy, those games sure sucked.

Fighting:
I've only ever enjoyed a few fighting games during my gaming years, and those happen to be Mortal Kombat II/III, Street Fighter II and Soul Calibur. More often than not, though, fighting games bore me to death. Mortal Kombat was something new in it's day, and mastering all the fatality button combinations was a lot of fun. Street Fighter II was hellishly addictive, and again, memorizing the button combinations was part of the fun. Soul Calibur had great music, great stages, a good story mode and wonderful characters. Other fighting games just don't seem to cut it for me...

I don't really play many other types of game. Not enough to warrant a mention here, anyhow.

Mattokenzi
06-11-2004, 01:20 PM
RPG's all the way (Swords and Summons it's all good)

square_is_the_best
06-14-2004, 06:46 PM
Rpg went from my least favorite to my most favorite. I'll never play sports games. Just not my thing. SSBM for fightng but thats it. I like adventure but not as much as RPG. Racing is up there too.

Erdrick Holmes
06-15-2004, 02:16 AM
1. Fighting
2. RPG
3. First Person Shooter
4. Adventure
5. Racing

DMKA
06-15-2004, 02:30 AM
RPG: Love em...they're my fav.
Fighting: Love em too...they're my 2nd fav.
Adventure: I'm not too sure what classifys as 'Adventure'...like Devil May Cry and Tomb Raider? If so then yes, but its rare I find one I enjoy.
Sports: I hate sports games with a passion.

Dixie
06-15-2004, 05:24 AM
RR!=RPG's Rock!

Raistlin
06-15-2004, 05:33 AM
RPG - yes. Suikoden II = best game ever made.

Fighting - only older Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat games, really.

Adventure - only if I'm in the mood. Seriously. Sometimes I hate these kinds of games.

Sports - yeah. Especially EA's football games. I also play the occasional other sports' games(basketball, usually).

edczxcvbnm
06-15-2004, 06:42 AM
I like what I think are fun games.

Polaris
06-17-2004, 09:24 AM
I like RPG, fighting and adventure.

Football gamesd are pretty confuse to me! :D

Project G
06-18-2004, 12:16 PM
I like RPG, fighting and adventure.

Football gamesd are pretty confuse to me! :D
I agree, the have too many tables

Polaris
06-18-2004, 12:18 PM
You're the red then th red pass to another red and they're all red and then the red is att another croner and then it's goal of the other team...

I don't like it!

I like more Tomb Raider, it's pretty good beacsue it's hard and you have to think!

Rase
06-22-2004, 09:54 PM
I like all those, and then some more, like stelth and FPS.

Cloud_99
06-22-2004, 10:25 PM
I'm a great fan of the RPG genre (FF's are awesome (Bar X-2 and IX but we won't go into that)

I love Fighting games things like Soul Calibur II and Mortal Combat, but I'm also a fan of the old beat 'Em ups as well especially Streets of Rage for the Sega Mega Drive (That's Master System to you Americans)

I like Adventure Games like Tomb Raider but the new one was extremely dissapointing

I hate most sports games Like Divinity said football games are just confusing but I love racing games like Burnout if you count that as a sports game.