PDA

View Full Version : Cloud & Aeris

Saphire
06-09-2004, 10:27 PM
After completing Kingdon Hearts I saw in the credits that somewhere in this game, Aeris & Cloud see one another and there is a cut scene for it? Some how while I was playing I never saw this. What do you do in the game to get this scene?

SeeDRankLou
06-09-2004, 11:16 PM
I think that's just part of the credits. You also see Jasmine and Aladdin reunite; you see Hewy, Lewy and Dewy (sp?) return to Disney Castle. None of those things happen during the game either.

ChaosCalibur
06-09-2004, 11:35 PM
I don't think it's in the game... Probobly Cloud was just too stupid to go look for her :\ or maybe he forgot everything since he's in chain of memories... The credit really didn't make sense to me, mostly because i forgot everything after i saw the 'Extra Ending Sequence" it left me going "wow..." I just wish i had Final Mix :cry:

Saphire
06-10-2004, 01:24 AM
Thank you. That makes me sad though. If I would have cared enough about the rest of the credits to pay attention, I may have figured that out for myself. I always thought that in 7 Cloud should have been with Aeris, not Tifa. So perhaps, I was so caught up on it, that I didn't think. I hope Advent Children hooks those two up...

Ouch!
06-10-2004, 05:12 AM
I hope Advent Children hooks those two up...
No revival, they won't be that stupid.

As far as Cloud and Aeris are concerned in Kingdom Hearts, Cloud was a lot like Riku. He did the exact same thing that Riku did, he turned himself over to darkness to find the power that would reunite him with the person he cared about. In both cases, it's romantic, but they're still idiots for doing it.

Itzpopalotl
07-11-2004, 08:51 AM
Thank you. That makes me sad though. If I would have cared enough about the rest of the credits to pay attention, I may have figured that out for myself. I always thought that in 7 Cloud should have been with Aeris, not Tifa. So perhaps, I was so caught up on it, that I didn't think. I hope Advent Children hooks those two up...

Personally it pissed me off that Aeris was there and not Tifa and that whole little Cloud/Aeris thing-- if they get hooked up in Advent Children I am going to have to hunt down the squaresoft people and destroy them... :aimangel:

Trumpet Thief
07-12-2004, 06:35 AM
No revival, they won't be that stupid.

Yeah, I hope AC isn't gonna be like FF:TSW, a comp;lete screw up. And mess up one of the best games ever made.

As for the other thing, it was shown in the credits, and didn't actually happen in the game. I think KH was set before all of the events of FFVII, which includes... you know what...

Sefie1999AD
07-12-2004, 11:44 AM
*SPOILERS*

Kingdom Hearts' ending had Cloud meet Aeris in Hollow Bastion in the end. However, they aren't dating and they don't get a love scene. They just stare at each other a bit (see my sig). In addition, Cloud isn't searching for Aeris in KH as far as I know. In the Final Mix, you'll get a scene where Cloud encounters Sephiroth. You'll get to know that Cloud had been searching for Seph all the time, and then you'll see the two hack and slash at each other.

Ouch!
07-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Though the way they stare at each other does imply that they are at least aquaintances. The way Aeris tries to look at his face and he turns away implies that he's embarassed for some reason, and why would he be embarassed by running into someone he's never met? I believe that hints at something between them.

Adrius BloodWolf
07-16-2004, 10:45 AM
I thought it was qiute obvious that Cloud was looking for Aeris,and not Sephiroth...
Lets all note that not EVERYONE had access to the worlds like Sora and the others had...They had CID and when Cid was in front of Cloud at Hallow Bastion it was also qiute obvious that he "Finally found" Cloud...

Cloud couldn't search because he didn't have a gummi,we have to remember that Sora and friends were special,and had a gummi ship,cloud was not...
Cid found him after searching,obviously Cloud escaped to the world of hercules like everyone else somehow"probably through a portal much like Riku's,eigther that or Hades helped Cloud out"...
Aeris and Cloud IMHO are meant to be,and them meeting akwardly like that was pretty obvious that He was Searching for her...

We need to remember that we mostly saw people reunited with loved ones or having their dreams fullfilled,and Cloud's dream or loved one was Aeris...
In short,he was searching,he couldn't do anything else but that since he had no Gummi and Hades most likely made a deal with him"Kill Hercules,and I'll help you find the person you are searching for...

REMEMBER I am not trying to step on everyone's elses opinion,this is just my Opinion and I tried to be as logical as possible with it...

TheAbominatrix
07-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Yet the extra scene Sephiroth1999AD states, specifically if I remember right, that he was searching for Sephiroth and not Aerith.

Read into the rest what you will. Though to note, their ackward way of looking at eachother could have to do with either Cloud being embarassed by Aerith's teasing nature, or the fact that he couldnt save her and was thus, somewhat ashamed. And yes, they did know eachother, obviously.

Adrius BloodWolf
07-17-2004, 01:15 AM
Sadly I have not seen that,remember,I am not trying to start an arguement here,just stating my opinion...

TheAbominatrix
07-17-2004, 01:21 AM
I never said otherwise. I was merely pointing out that the game says different, and that's fact, not opinion.

Adrius BloodWolf
07-17-2004, 01:28 AM
Well sorry about that,I tend to get flamed alot on another site when I stick in my 2 cents,I am glad you all seem friendly though,I am just paranoid :( ...

Ya,Sephiroth was right in their though,ready to duel Sora;I wonder why Cloud was searching for someone a couple Arenas away.

TheAbominatrix
07-17-2004, 01:31 AM
Well it does take Sora time to unlock Sephiroth, to be able to fight him. Maybe Cloud had to do the same, or maybe he just had no idea that Sephiroth was there, and didnt know until Sora fought him. Or perhaps he knew, but knew he wasnt strong enough to battle him, especially with the way Sora was kicking Cloud's butt. So he had to wait until he was strong enough before he confronted Sephiroth.

Adrius BloodWolf
07-17-2004, 01:39 AM
Yes,Sadly Cloud didn't seem to be all that strong and they supposedly have Cloud and Sephiroth fighting in combat on Final Mix...

Cloud needs to be a little bit tougher with a few more moves,although his wing act is pretty good,it's the ONLY thing that he can actually do against Sephiroth,MAYBE a few Charges but jeeze Cloud would most likely never get close enough...

Anyway,I guess that is all I have to say and it was nice talking to you Abominatrix.
Hope to share facts and ideas with you in the future :cool: ...

DJZen
07-17-2004, 08:24 AM
From what Tetsuya Nomura has said, I get the sense that KH is sort of in a different reality from FF. I mean, just consider that Tidus and Wakka live together as children along with Selphie, while Squall seems older than he was in FFVIII. This doesn't make any sense whatsoever, even if you try to use the Sliders theory wherein there are an infinite number of Jerry O'Connels trying to find their way home in an infinite number of universes. Even then, there's too many inconsistencies for it to be the same FF characters we know and love. This way, if Cloud DOES hook up with Aerith, it will be KH Cloud hooking up with KH Aerith, not FF Cloud hooking up with FF Aeris. Now, FF Cloud hooking up with KH Aerith..... who knows man, who knows.....

chu52
07-18-2004, 09:44 PM
Cloud is too wrapped up trying to destroy Sephiroth in this new realm to care about aeris because as far as he knows Seph killed her a long time ago, (the japanese ending of 7 had aerith revive so she might have gone to the new world of transverse) so when he sees her and is stunned, oh and i was kinda glad she died, she was weak annoying and dumb, plus it made for one of the coolest fmv EVER

SomethingBig
07-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Aeris was great, what are you talking about? Oh, wait, limit breaks that make characters invincible, restore HP and MP, and cures all negative status effects is pretty dang horrible.

Maybe the destruction of Hallow Bastion occurred before the death of Aeris? It's possible. Aeris looking at Cloud strangely at the end could be due to Cloud's change of clothing, which, in turn, would trigger Cloud's look of embarrassment. That, or Cloud was embarrassed that he got separated from everyone else.

Ouch!
07-19-2004, 08:28 PM
Cloud is too wrapped up trying to destroy Sephiroth in this new realm to care about aeris because as far as he knows Seph killed her a long time ago, (the japanese ending of 7 had aerith revive so she might have gone to the new world of transverse) so when he sees her and is stunned, oh and i was kinda glad she died, she was weak annoying and dumb, plus it made for one of the coolest fmv EVER

That's funny.

But really, it's pretty clear that the Final Fantasy characters used are only cameos. They have no relations to their original games whatsoever. That's probably already been said far to many times.

TheAbominatrix
07-21-2004, 02:12 AM
(the japanese ending of 7 had aerith revive so she might have gone to the new world of transverse)

No, it didnt.

And KH is a storyline of it's own. It doesnt happen before or after anything, it's just FF characters thrown into the mix. It couldnt have happened in any timeline from the FFs. If it did, how does that explain Selphie being a child and Squall being an adult? Or Squall and Cloud being from the same world, most especially since it's a world that has nothing to do with the FF games?

chu52
07-21-2004, 02:42 AM
No, it didnt.

[/offtopic]Yes it did, she comes out of the river she was laid down in when she died and stopped seph, then a dying seph summoned a copy of you instead of one hit omni slash[/offtopic]

TheAbominatrix
07-21-2004, 03:15 AM
[/offtopic]Yes it did, she comes out of the river she was laid down in when she died and stopped seph, then a dying seph summoned a copy of you instead of one hit omni slash[/offtopic]

No, it didnt. You're full of it. If you're telling the truth, then find me somewhere to dl the FMVs. Or pictures of the FMVs. The other ones in the games are available everywhere, so why are you the only one that knows of this? And speaking of which, why is this FMV not available on my friend's Japanese copy?

Oh, that's right. Because it didnt happen

Angel_Rinoa
07-22-2004, 09:46 PM
whoa this thread's sure off topic :confused:

Roogle
07-22-2004, 10:13 PM
... get back in topic and stop rumor-mongering about Aeris' revival!

chu52
07-22-2004, 11:28 PM
I bet cloud's mind was warped by hades so he didn't care about aeris!! (back on topic finally)

Psychotic
07-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Aeris looking at Cloud strangely at the end could be due to Cloud's change of clothing, which, in turn, would trigger Cloud's look of embarrassment. That, or Cloud was embarrassed that he got separated from everyone else.

I'm pretty certain that in FFVII, Aeris always used to look at Cloud like that. She does it so that she can mantain eye contact with him whenever he looks at the floor.

So it's nothing to do with changes of clothing, really.

chu52
07-27-2004, 07:17 PM
I do declare psy has a point.

Carnage
07-27-2004, 09:00 PM
One time in the game when your talking to cloud he said he opened his heart to darkness so he could find someone he missed. Thats all though. Maybe they met in KH but memories were erased when the worlds were connected.................................................

chu52
07-27-2004, 09:48 PM
No he still remebers sephiroth

Ryth
08-22-2004, 02:25 PM
It is part of the credits and only in the credits and why the heck do the japenese get EVERYTHING I mean they get games first, they get games U.S, and they get versions of games we NEVER GET like FFX: International, FFX-2: International+ Last Mission, and Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix. IT AIN'T FAIR!!!!!111!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

DJZen
08-22-2004, 06:00 PM
They also get copies of games that we don't get like the original FFVII which was actually worse graphically and didn't have the weapon bosses in it. We don't ALWAYS get the short end of the stick :D

Back on topic now....

What if Cloud's looking away because he thought Aerith was supposed to be dead? Wouldn't THAT be an awkward reunion?

"You're alive?"
"Yup"
"But... Didn't....."
"Nope, never happened, just like Highlander II"