PDA

View Full Version : Four Ciphers (Chap 3)

BevGB
06-11-2004, 05:26 AM
I found all the numbers but they're really hard to read. Some numbers look like they could be other numbers. I tried all of the ones I thought they were but they didn't work. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Bev

Squall and Rinoa
06-11-2004, 06:56 AM
Did you try to reorder the numbers? The order in which you find them isn't necessarily the way they are supposed to go into the code. Try that.

Big D
06-11-2004, 07:26 AM
The numbers are selected at random when you start a new game, so unfortunately I can't just give the answer... but I understand what you mean about them being easy to mix up.

However, a good way to solve this is to write down what you think the numbers are, then look at alternatives too.
For example, 3 looks a lot like 8, especially in that thick, curvy X-2 script. 7 and 1 are easy to mix up, and so on. When you try to enter the cyphers, try entering all the 'possible' alternatives too.

Good luck!:) It might seem frustrating, but believe me, you'll get there in the end.

BevGB
06-11-2004, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the help guys.

I read somewhere that if you turn down the brightness on your TV the numbers show better so I tried that and it really works. You can see the numbers very clearly.

Bev