PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy = Big Brother?

Spiritus Sancti
06-11-2004, 12:01 PM
I dunno bout any of you other countries but it seems to be that Final Fantasy is becoming alot like the UK's BB...

1. Big Brother started off really good but is slowly getting worse, Final fantasy 7 was great, and although I love them all each one isn't living up to the previous.

2. With every BB the sex rating went up, the producers would make it so housemates we're put into steamy situations. FF hasn't really done this much but with the ammount of skin in x-2..who knows?

3. The latest BB has some weird people in it including a lesbian, a gay guy, a transexual and other weird ppl..now I don't know much about XII but from what i've heard the main char is a pretty boy who has burn marks on his face and could be gay..however I could just be looking into it too much..

Doc Sark
06-11-2004, 01:48 PM
I love the way you have defined gay and lesbian as weird.

Cz
06-11-2004, 04:57 PM
God forbid any Final Fantasy game should involve Davina McCall.

Spiritus Sancti
06-11-2004, 06:58 PM
I didn't mean it as offensive..I just couldn't find the right way of wordin it..sheesh gimme a break

LiquidSwords
06-12-2004, 04:33 AM
I dont realy watch BB, but i see the point youre getting at, but no matter how sh...crappy the games get, i will always get them all, and play them, but ill probably enjoy them less...right now, i need to buy FFX-2 again, cuz my dum-azz friend stole the game and wont admit to it...i hate him!!

TheAbominatrix
06-12-2004, 05:16 AM
Again, and as usual, it's all a matter of opinion. And to put it simply, if you don't like the way the series is going, stop buying the games. If you're gonna buy the games anyway, then don't complain.

And, Vaan (XII's main character) is not going to be gay, that's a rumor because of the way people feel about his 'feminine' character design. Being a Japanese game, it's true to Japanese culture (effeminate men are in). Gay or not, I wouldnt see how that's weird. And why would weird be bad? Are we looking for carbon copies of Cloud? Puh-lease.

Mikztsu
06-12-2004, 12:06 PM
I think many people wouldn't want main character to be gay, since many of us likes to identify ourselves with main character which would be more difficult if his/her sexual orientation would differ from players'. Nothing against gays and lesbians, but I'd like to see non-gay main character as well.

Del Murder
06-12-2004, 06:25 PM
I agree with Mik here. I couldn't identify with Tidus because he looked like a cheery Japanese dude, which is pretty far from me.

Are we looking for carbon copies of Cloud?
I am. :mad:

Spiritus Sancti
06-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Okay guys, I think some of you read what I said the wrong way lemme get this straight

I'm not complaining, i'm a big fan of the series and will buy them until they stop making them.
I'm not saying gay lesbian or any other people I mentioned are weird..I just simply couldn't find the right way to word it.

Sorry if I offended anyone..

TheAbominatrix
06-12-2004, 08:54 PM
I am. :mad:

Ew! Why?

Del Murder
06-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Cloud was a great lead character. He wasn't overly cheerful but also not overly rude, he was heroic but also flawed. Sure he had the blonde spikes but it was cartoony enough for me to accept.

TheAbominatrix
06-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Oh yeah, he was great, I dont deny that, but I'd rather have a new character everytime. Even if they end up being annoying, it's better, in my opinion, than rehashing the same character over and over.

Spiritus Sancti
06-12-2004, 10:19 PM
New characters is one of the things that makes the series so great
making each one a different experience.

Del Murder
06-12-2004, 10:20 PM
I can see how that would be, but for me I could go through three to four rehashes before I'd take the annoying character.

Spiritus Sancti
06-12-2004, 10:26 PM
Yea, I like the rehashes too, it's always good to see what happened
to the characters after an amazing struggle to save the world/universe/customer money on car insurance.

DocFrance
06-15-2004, 03:13 PM
I don't want heroic badassed characters or effeminate cheery characters. I want to decide what personality my main character will take on. I want to make his decisions, not just see some actor play the part for me.

Final Fantasy is called an RPG, which is ironic since there's hardly any role-playing at all. Every now and then you're presented with choices, but they rarely affect your character's personality in any significant way. Ever played Knights of the Old Republic? Your main character is basically a blank slate, and it's up to you, the player, to build his personality based on your actions and conversation choices. That's role-playing. I want a Final Fantasy main character who is a blank slate.

I was always offended by FFX. They give you the option to rename the main character, so I took this opportunity to name him after myself. I was shocked when it turned out that 'Sean' would be an irritating wanker who rarely ever thinks before he opens his mouth. That's not the role I want to play at all. From now on, I just leave him at the default name.

TasteyPies
06-15-2004, 06:34 PM
The main charicter of ffxiii walks like he is in high heels too.
And the Japanese people like girly men? .....why? well i guess it kinda shows...
Squall --> Zidine ---> Tidus, each one gets a bit less bad-arse

Edit by Kishi: Please avoid using racial slurs. Thanks a million.

Mikztsu
06-17-2004, 01:59 PM
DocFrance - I don't even see FF's as rpg's. Especially not after playing the likes of Baldurs Gates and Fallouts. Final Fantasies are too linear and lacks power to affect in characters to be RPG's. Few side quests here and there, but still they're just interactive fairytales to me. Not complaining though, since I like most of them.

Estes
06-18-2004, 04:22 PM
FF XI is the only FF so far that lets you determine who you are and what you do and thats why i love it. Even though the other FF's aren't really RPG's i love the stories and that is what im looking for when i play a Final Fantasy.

P.S. Knights of the Old Republic was an awesome game i can't wait for the second one.

MecaKane
06-19-2004, 07:34 PM
DocFrance - I don't even see FF's as rpg's. Especially not after playing the likes of Baldurs Gates and Fallouts. Final Fantasies are too linear and lacks power to affect in characters to be RPG's. Few side quests here and there, but still they're just interactive fairytales to me. Not complaining though, since I like most of them.
Mik should play Morrowind. :love:

But I don't want the FFs to be like that. It being too nonlinear like Fallout or Morrowind takes out a lot of character development of the NPCs, and big events and stuff. =o

TasteyPies
06-19-2004, 07:57 PM
Edit by Kishi: Please avoid using racial slurs. Thanks a million.

Sorry I was just shortening a word, for the record im not racist. I think being a racist has got to be one of the stupidest things there is

joe44
06-20-2004, 07:09 PM
hmmm that starting post seems familiar to me! *coughFFWAcough*

copycat

MecaKane
06-26-2004, 02:55 AM
FFWA people are GLOATING about having this thread first?
Wow, I mean... if it was a good topic and stuff, maybe, but jeez. :eek: