PDA

View Full Version : Mastering the sphere grid

kirk81
06-11-2004, 02:55 PM
im done with tidus and yuna trying with all.

metCloud
06-11-2004, 09:46 PM

Im having a hard time believing you got a "B" on your English exam.

:p

kirk81
06-11-2004, 11:33 PM
The exam was only 60 questions and it was multipal choice

TasteyPies
06-12-2004, 12:06 AM

Let me try translating

"I have finished with Tidus and Yuna's sphere grids. Now I just have to finish the rest of my charicters grids."

Big D
06-12-2004, 01:40 AM
Let me try translating

"I have finished with Tidus and Yuna's sphere grids. Now I just have to finish the rest of my charicters grids."Characters' grids.

If you're going to post in a thread just to correct spelling and grammar, then at least make sure your correction is actually correct.

On second thoughts, try to limit your posts to the topic at hand.

I like expanding characters way beyond their 'normal' sphere grid. However, the sheer amount of time this requires can be a hassle. In my 'biggest' FFX save file, I've got near-maximum sphere grid completion for Yuna, Rikku and Lulu. The female characters are so often weaker and more fallible in battle compared to their male counterparts, and this irritates me, so I enjoy "over-levelling" the women and making them my ultimate team. Over 180 strength, and nearly 25000 hp each. Strong enough to beat the Dark Aeons.
Auron and Wakka are my strongest male characters, but I won't bother advancing much further since there's no real need. My party is tough enough to beat any regular opponent with a single hit, since any enemy receives 99,999 damage from one attack. I find it somewhat amusing that Lulu's stuffed toys can do that kind of harm, but that's all part of the fun.

Having an entire team with maximum stats is a big achievement, but kind of unrewarding if you don't achieve that until after you've beaten all the super-bosses, when there's no more need for everwhelming strength.

-N-
06-12-2004, 02:29 AM
I was going to rant about all the characters being on the same grid, so when you maximize the grid, you're really maximizing it for everyone to use, but Big D's post suggests this is FFX:I again, which I don't really know about. So damn.

But yes, maxing the Grid is pretty cool - if you like mind-numbing chores. I maxed everyone's stats to 255 except for Luck. I refuse to fight Earth Eater 210+ times (420 Fortune Spheres, 60 per person). As of now, that is.

If you want more of a challenge, max out your Aeons to 255 stats. Of course, most of it is dependent on Yuna, but just because Yuna's at all 255 doesn't mean all her Aeons will be at 255.

And then max out their abilities. 594 Supreme Gems... isn't that fun?

My optimal party is Tidus/Wakka/Rikku, since they can fight underwater, Tidus/Wakka's overdrives do the most hits, and Rikku can mix some key stuff. Plus, her Ultimate Weapon has Gillionaire.

edit: I agree with Big D, there's not really a point to super-strength unless it's for a purpose. Through abusing overdrives, I got my strength up to 255 first, then used it as a base to kill a lot of other super-bosses and gain more Grid spheres.

square_is_the_best
06-22-2004, 11:32 PM
WOW. You guys PLAYED that game. None of my charecters are anywhere close to completing the entire grid. But All of my charecters have gone through 2/5 of the grid. Not the same 2/5.