PDA

View Full Version : Max number of GF's junctioned?

unclepodger
06-12-2004, 04:18 AM
Whats the max number of gf's u shld junction to a person?
As in, should I concentrate on a few gfs or junction all of those available?
Thanks

ChaosCalibur
06-12-2004, 04:23 AM
Well you should pick GFs and stick with them, then you can learn the abilitys you need to, so if you only have a 3 person party i'd junction 4 GFs per character....

Del Murder
06-12-2004, 04:50 AM
I make three sets of GFs, and junction one set to each active character, trying to maximize the number of stats I can junction magic to in each set. I think just with the normal abilities each GF learns you can junction magic to every stat for every character except Luck and Evasion (and I don't really care about those). Of course using items you could probably get them all.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-12-2004, 04:59 AM
In general, you can't junction more than 3 GFs per character I believe. You should try to keep as many GFs junctioned as possible, so that they keep learning abilities and improve the stats of your characters. Although I think Del's strategy is the smartest, I personally assigned one set of GFs per character to make things less confusing, and to keep the GFs and their summoner at 1000 compatability. For instance, Rinoa always had Shiva, Diablos, and Doomtrain junctioned throughout the game.

Peegee
06-12-2004, 12:07 PM
You can junction all the GFs into one person, but why would you? I just junction the most powerful GFs (ie the ones I like to summon and/or the ones with the abilities I want) to the main party, and the rest gets a token GF just so they can draw/magic/item/misc ability.

Iceglow
06-12-2004, 02:53 PM
how about two per character with 1000 compatability each then even if you end up with a level 16 amongst your level 100 fighters against Ulty you can cause some damage before dying

The Wandering Zero
06-12-2004, 04:48 PM
The three sets method is the one I've found to be the most useful. You can always go to your menu, go to the junction exchange screen, and switch junctions and magic around as necessary.

<.< I keep about 5 or 6 of my GFs on my main character, and then spread the others about evenly as far as stat junctioning goes to the other two. Everyone must have HP, STR, MAG, and SPR junctionable.

Vitality is nice and all, but, meh, if you've got 5,000 hit points as a level 16 character, chances are, the monsters aren't going to be rocking you very hard with their attacks. Magic and Spirit need to be high because, well, spells suck, especially the ones that ignore reflect (Like Meteor and Tornado and Quake).

^^ No Encounters is my favorite GF ability... fuggin' random monster crap.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Yeah - Enc-None is really helpful - especially in things like the Odin quest and Ulty's castle.

Del Murder
06-13-2004, 02:53 AM
I have no reason to junction a GF to an inactive character since that GF will not gain AP or be used. As for compatibility, I try to use it to determine which set a char gets (Squall/Zell/Quistis gets set 1, Selphie/Rinoa set 2, Quistis/Irvine/Zell set 3) but I only use GFs in emergency so it doesn't really become a factor.

Polaris
07-15-2004, 01:35 PM
6 G.Fs

GhandiOwnsYou
08-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Yeah, i make three Balanced sets and assign each to a pair of characters. Irvine and Quistis both used a Set built from Quizacotl, Squall had his own based from Shiva, and Then Ifrit went to the remaining characters. tehn as the game went on i filled in stat holes with otehr cahracters. that way compatibility remained at 800 some with each group

Kilika
08-11-2004, 12:46 AM
i use a whacked out strategy. I just junction till all the first row stats are available, you know like Hp and str, and mag....yeah. and then i try to even things up. its kinda like Del Murders, just junction to the 3 active chars.

Nemesis the Warlock
08-11-2004, 03:14 PM
There's no limit to how many GFs you junction, so I use them all in every fight. That way all GFs level up equally, and are available if you run into an unexpected boss fight. Sometimes I just junction two or three good GFs to two of the characters, and all the others to Selphie (GFs seem to like her more than others).