PDA

View Full Version : "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?" My introduction thread.

Wizdumb
06-12-2004, 04:29 AM
It is not the Walker that chooses the path. The path cannot tell where it is the Traveler is to go or how to get there; it just lays there waiting for someone to come by and give it company. Waiting for a long lost friend who bore the path his pain, anger, and happiness.

If the Walker is like me then he chooses the path at no will of his own. He walks along the path to see if his Dreams become Reality. If myths were once legend - if legend was once history; hopeing and wishing(both at the same time) that his Dreams will meet him on that path someday. Whether to greet him with a warm smile or a warm fist in the teeth. He is ready for anything now that he has unexpectedly fallen down the road that he now walks with some dignity.(After whiping the dust and tears from his eyes and looking to see if anyone heard him cry for his mother.)

The one and only thing that the Walker brings with him on the journey to meet the Path his himself - and sometimes not even that for he is ill prepared for the long journey. In fact, I'm sure he thinks, no! believes deep down in his soul that the road ahead is nothing more than what you or I would consider to be a tiny Sunday stroll through the park. So how can the Path choose the Walker? Is it that he triped over a rock while meaning to go down another? Or did the Walker somehow get lost?

If so then the Walker still does not choose the Path. Why you ask? Because he could have choosen whether or not to turn back and go Home(for a clean pair of pants) or to continue down the dark path to meet his Fate.

The question implies whether we choose this Life or if Life has choosen us to live. The answer to the question is simply this: Nieither. The Walker cannot choose the Path nor can the Path choose its Companion.

Peegee
06-12-2004, 04:37 AM
*WALKS UP TO THE NEWBIE AND SEXXORS UP THE NEWBIE ALL WACKILY LIKE OMFG MY FACIAL EXPRESSION IS THAT OF A WACKY PG! LOLOLOLOL XOXOXOXOXXOXO <3333333*

Psychotic
06-12-2004, 04:38 AM
:DHELLO:D:DHELLO:DHELLO:DHELLO:DHELLO:DHELLO:DHELLO:DHELLO:DHELLO:D

Wizdumb
06-12-2004, 04:40 AM
Ri---ght. So... I see that you two use Ritalin. I hope that gives you two the help that you need.

Peegee
06-12-2004, 04:41 AM
Ritalin is overrated. You spelled hoping wrong.

Wizdumb
06-12-2004, 04:42 AM
What makes you not think that I wanted to misspell the word?

Misfit
06-12-2004, 04:43 AM
I like to sniff Ritalin.

Oh... *sniffs it*

Whoo yeah! :nibbles:

Wizdumb
06-12-2004, 04:45 AM
I'm starting to wonder why I registered here. I'm sure I had a good reason why, of course, everyone must have one.

Excuse me while I go and kick my own ass for a minute.

Peegee
06-12-2004, 04:54 AM

:(

Maybe you want to go to Eyes on Each Other forum. We don't talk like dyslexic cattle there.

Meow
06-12-2004, 04:57 AM
i don't think i've ever seen any of these cats scare someone off, but you'll have a hard time if you take EoFF too seriously. Welcomes, kid.

Wizdumb
06-12-2004, 04:59 AM
No, I've read the rules for that forum before I posted in this one. I'd be banned for being so damn "insensative" and someone would be holding onto a screaming baby while yelling at me, "My God! don't you understand that other people have feeling's too!?!?"

It'd be like being in a church day care alover again.

ZeZipster
06-12-2004, 05:00 AM
?t'nod I

Big D
06-12-2004, 05:06 AM
Welcome to the forum, Wizdumb.

Don't mind those other folks, they always act weird in "newbie" threads.
Some of us are a little more... grounded.
I hope you enjoy it here.:)

Agent Proto
06-12-2004, 05:13 AM
Best newbie I've seen lately. You'll fit in just fine once you get past those doofus fooling around with you.

And just in time for the Ciddies. It's what we call our Awards. Who knows, maybe you'll win Best Newbie. :D

Wizdumb
06-12-2004, 05:15 AM
I never won an award from a forum before. That'll be interesting.

Shoeberto
06-12-2004, 05:15 AM
Welcome to the forum, Wizdumb.

Don't mind that Big D, he always acts weird in "newbie" threads.
Some of us are a little more... grounded.
I hope you enjoy it here.

Misfit
06-12-2004, 05:16 AM
I like Wizdumb. *shares Ritalin and some roadkill*

(Hsu eats babies.)

Wizdumb
06-12-2004, 05:19 AM
I think I do like it here. Reading some of the sigs and custom ranks I have been overcome by giggles. I haven't had giggles in a long time. I should kill them. . . .

Shoeberto
06-12-2004, 05:24 AM
I like Wizdumb. *shares Ritalin and some roadkill*

(Hsu eats babies.)
That only happened <i>once,</i> and it was an accident! I was running with my mouth open and someone was tossing a baby!

-N-
06-12-2004, 05:24 AM
Do we still claim newbies around here?

Don't worry, I wouldn't claim you anyway. Wouldn't know what to do with you. ;)

But seriously, seniority means nothing here. I been here 3 years and all I get is a little bold-faced title under my name. Go to #eoff on mIRC to engage in more kooky conversations - I remember those days on that channel... with Daryl and Kishi and Spiff and *prattles on like an old geezer*

By the way, was your post meant to be seriously considered? As someone said, EoEO is better for that kind of rambling. Then I could pick it apart.

Peegee
06-12-2004, 05:39 AM
I think I do like it here. Reading some of the sigs and custom ranks I have been overcome by giggles. I haven't had giggles in a long time. I should kill them. . . .

Yeah, "Giggles" would be happy you said that about her. I think she might eat your toes or something as punishment

Wizdumb
06-12-2004, 06:42 AM
Yea, well you can tell her to "bring it". And a couple of Kool-Aid packs. I'm all out.

-N-
06-12-2004, 06:44 AM
I thought Giggles was a guy...

Kirobaito
06-12-2004, 06:48 AM
Yo yo gangster flow.

Now that my line is said and done, I hope you support the Pistons. Only poopy-pants like Yams support the Lakers. :)

I'm KB. I'll call you Wiz, because Wizdumb is too many letters. *nod* I enjoy long walks on the beach and making fun of Joel and Strider.

HOOTERS
06-12-2004, 06:52 AM
Hi I didnt bother reading anything you wrote because it was too long and probably didn't mention boobs even once.

wait...

*reads*

Yeah not even once.

ps you spelt hoping wrong. :smash:

Ki Ki
06-12-2004, 06:54 AM
Boofun.HeLlO

Wizdumb
06-12-2004, 06:57 AM
I am aware I misspelt "hoping". Thank you for the two people who figured it out.

Ki Ki
06-12-2004, 06:59 AM
Oh hey I noticed something.
You spelt 'hoping' wrong. That makes 3, yea? :D

HOOTERS
06-12-2004, 06:59 AM
BTW if you just meant to say hopping you spelt that wrong too.

Kirobaito
06-12-2004, 07:00 AM
Change "hopeing" to "boobing" and you'll make two people happy.

Ki Ki
06-12-2004, 07:01 AM
Boofun.
There's no such word as 'boobing' :eep:

-N-
06-12-2004, 07:08 AM
That Yams... liking the Lakers AND the Dodgers... you'd think he lives in LA or something.

HOOTERS
06-12-2004, 07:09 AM
Boofun.

If there's no such word as boobing how come I am doing it right now?

*does*

There. :meatwad:

Ki Ki
06-12-2004, 07:11 AM
You're a guy. You're boobless. How can you be boobing?

HOOTERS
06-12-2004, 07:14 AM
Come over here and I'll show you. :smash:

Misfit
06-12-2004, 07:17 AM
HOOTERS is a pedophile!

Ki Ki
06-12-2004, 07:17 AM
You got implants!! Didn't you?? :Oo:

HOOTERS
06-12-2004, 07:21 AM
I didn't say I'd be anything to my body...

:monster:

m4tt
06-12-2004, 07:26 AM
If you guys want to have a conversation, do it in a chat room. Quit spamming.

Misfit
06-12-2004, 07:29 AM
You couldn't atleast greeted the newbie while you came in, I mean sheesh. *cough*

Anyways, Wizdumb is my friend and we kill animals on the road together and play hopscotch in the sunshine. ^_^

Leeza
06-12-2004, 07:36 AM
Welcome to EoFF, Wizdumb. :) That's cute! Wisdom - Wizdumb. :)

Yamaneko
06-12-2004, 07:41 AM
Welcome to Eyes on Final Fantasy. :)

GrimmReaper
06-12-2004, 08:35 AM
Yes. Indeed welcome to eoff. many many crazy things happen here.:nibbles:

Rainecloud
06-12-2004, 08:36 AM
Hi there, new member. Welcome to Eyes on Final Fantasy.

Enjoy yourself.

SeeDRankLou
06-12-2004, 10:44 AM
To say that a human has no choice in what s/he does is to take away the very thing that makes humans human, will. To take away our ability to have choice makes our existance only as meaningful as destiny chooses it to be. Destiny only shows one the path, it is one's choice to walk on it or not. And furthermore......

Oh wait, this isn't Eyes on Each Other :-P

Welcome to the forums Wizdumb. They're fun.

Baloki
06-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Hey, I've lost my little notepad of a discription of places to avoid and such stuff but hey I'll give it a whack from memory (well the basics anyways):

General Chat: Good for a laugh, never overly serious.
Arts and Writing: You can find some really nice stories, artwork and other such stuff here, give it a visit.
Eyes On Each Other: If you don't want to listen to as much of PG's crap go there, their sane and like a good descussion, same with the world events forum.
Game Specific Forum: Contains trivia, hints tips and stuff about future sequals/releases to that game or series.
General Gaming Forum: Example thread 'If all the main characters from FF were to get in a fight, who would win'.

I think that was it, have a great time here and ignore anyone you don't like and hit the warn button else Lezza will get annoyed and club you to death with a cat :D

Mikztsu
06-12-2004, 11:50 AM
This topic made me laugh. :-) Especially since all the forum freaks were the first to welcome you. Say, you believe in smiling birds?

*sniffs you as well* o_o

eternalshiva
06-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Hey, I've lost my little notepad of a discription of places to avoid and such stuff but hey I'll give it a whack from memory (well the basics anyways):

General Chat: Good for a laugh, never overly serious.
Arts and Writing: You can find some really nice stories, artwork and other such stuff here, give it a visit.
Eyes On Each Other: If you don't want to listen to as much of PG's crap go there, their sane and like a good descussion, same with the world events forum.
Game Specific Forum: Contains trivia, hints tips and stuff about future sequals/releases to that game or series.
General Gaming Forum: Example thread 'If all the main characters from FF were to get in a fight, who would win'.

I think that was it, have a great time here and ignore anyone you don't like and hit the warn button else Lezza will get annoyed and club you to death with a cat :D

Y...you LOST it!?! I'm sooo sad :*(

Welcome Wizdumb, uh people are not usually this spammy or INSANE but I guess they took a liking to you ^_^

*gives you sexy cookies*

Post lots and have fun!

Baloki
06-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Y...you LOST it!?! I'm sooo sad :*(

Welcome Wizdumb, uh people are not usually this spammy or INSANE but I guess they took a liking to you ^_^

*gives you sexy cookies*

Post lots and have fun!

xD

Well its with about 5 others and I didn't want to look though :D

Singing_Wings
06-12-2004, 02:58 PM
WELCOME TO EOFF FORUMS! Hope you enjoy your stay! You seem cool. :D

TasteyPies
06-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Boofun.

*Ahem* Feeling up, Fooly cooly, Purple nurple even in a way, boobing is pretty much these things

I like to sniff Ritalin.

WE DRINK RITALIN! Do do DO doo do doooo do do DO do do
*walks into the distance* do do do do doooooooo

Gotta love those catchy songs.....sup noooooobs? *gives pie*

Iceglow
06-12-2004, 03:53 PM
welcome newbie. although I will probably come across as a woman I am a guy *The shock horror I thought every man had breasts! but according to my doc its only me! :D * Have a cookie and enjoy. PG is just well, well, ummm...., ummm....PG I guess there is no explaining that beings existence. Still the cookies are warm and the majority of us are insane but nice and well insane covers us all really. And dont forget to mention Boobies at least once in every post for hOOters to be happy

Fuzakeru
06-12-2004, 05:32 PM
I'm going to attempt understanding your post . . . . O_o -insert dramatic music here-

Nieither. The Walker cannot choose the Path nor can the Path choose its Companion.
I've always believed it was a little of both to be honest. Perhaps the Walker doesn't intentionally choose the path but through actions he's choosen to perform or even the very thoughts he's entertained he's led himself unknowingly to the certain path which beckons him.
Of course there's also the theory of fate pulls them both together - if you believe in fate that is and that leads to a whole different discussion if fate really does exist or not.
-bows humbly- I'd be wacky and goofy like everyone else ( which I usually am ) but the post made me think. I'm not very good at keeping up with these sort of topics but I figured I'd try to since you took your time to type it up. ^_^-
Welcome to Eyes on Final Fantasy and I hope you enjoy your time here. O_o Please don't let the goofy ones scare you away. -clings- BE STRONG!! YOU CAN MAKE IT!!!!!

Lord Xehanort
06-12-2004, 06:36 PM
BALOKI LOST HIS NOTES!!! I AM NO LONGER A VAMPIRE SLAYER!!! w00t! *sings the Hallelujah Chorus* *remembers that I am an Atheist* *stops singing*

Welcome! Have a wonderful time here and all that jazz. *gives uber-chewy, frosted yaoi cookies of Riku and Sora to n00b* *also gives an Ansem plushie*

As you can see, I adore Kingdom Hearts. Do you?

Wizdumb
06-12-2004, 08:44 PM
It's alright Ikick Ansem's as-. . . .

Ansem kicked my ass pretty hard.

Logan
06-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Hi. It's weird here, as you can tell.

Lord Xehanort
06-13-2004, 01:02 AM
Ansem kicked my ass pretty hard.
Of course I did! What did you expect?

Wizdumb
06-13-2004, 01:39 AM
For him to let me live if I licked his forehead.

Lord Xehanort
06-13-2004, 01:43 AM
*gasp* Wooow! This newbie knows how to treat a boy! *nuzzles and gets on a leash**purrs*

Strider
06-13-2004, 01:47 AM
I recommend not giving anyone any ideas.

Howdy.

Wizdumb
06-13-2004, 01:58 AM
What can I say? You have one good homosexual friend you know how to work all the guys.

GrimmReaper
06-13-2004, 04:11 AM
I recommend not giving anyone any idea

Yes i think that might be a good idea.

*thinks* now where did i leave my soda can?

black orb
06-13-2004, 04:26 AM
>>> Nice bunny.
(\_/)
( ' .')
(''')_(''')

Ki Ki
06-13-2004, 06:36 AM
That's a bird silly.
+> me <+ (http://forums.eyesonff.com/usernote.php?u=8531)

Misfit
06-13-2004, 07:44 AM
You're both wrong, it's obviously a monkey. :nibbles: