PDA

View Full Version : final fantasy IV boss tournment

aeris2001x2
06-12-2004, 08:08 AM
After the success of the final fantasy VI boss tournment, the ffIV is now open.

i,m going to do a seperate tournment for all the numbered ff games which will go all the way to the last six, then these best six(except ff1 which will only have 4 finalists) from each ff will do battle in the finals with the other ff games top six ! so please post (or pm me) who u want to 2 go through in each of the bouts! o (i hope ppl reply).

i,ve chosen ffIV now as its been of pretty popular discussion recently and fresh in peoples minds. here are the first round battles. a * sign followed by a number indicates a seed. They will be open till tue 12am so please vote. i will post results wednesday.

the bossess are (note several bossess were omitted/beaten in qualifiers because there is more then 24 but less then 48 bossess. this tournment will only have 2 rounds)

Zeroimus(*1) V Lugaborg

Golbez(*2) V Antlion

Bahamat(*3) V Asura

Odin(*4) V Cagnazzo

Plague(*5) V Mist Dragon

Rubicant(*6) V Dark Elf

Milon V Levithan

Lunasaurs V Evil Wall

Dr. Lugae( with Balnab) V CPU( with attacker and defender)

Wyvern V Valvalis

White Dragon V Magus Sisters

Calbrina V Ogopogo

i hope ppl vote. thanks alot.

Flashback007
06-12-2004, 09:11 AM
My choices are:
Zeroimus(*1)
Antlion (Why?, Golbez can be much easier)
Bahamat(*3)
Odin(*4)
Plague(*5)
Rubicant(*6)
Levithan
Evil Wall
CPU( with attacker and defender)
Wyvern
White Dragon
Calbrina

aeris2001x2
06-12-2004, 10:09 AM
yeah i purposely have not set a marking scheme 2 decide to judge on cause its up to the voter. u can base it on hardness, coolness, graphic design, character development...anything u like.

Dragoon Kain
06-12-2004, 11:44 PM
Zeroimus(*1)

Golbez(*2)

Bahamat(*3)

Cagnazzo

Mist Dragon

Rubicant(*6)

Levithan

Evil Wall

CPU( with attacker and defender)

Valvalis

White Dragon

Calbrina

Takara
06-13-2004, 07:42 AM
I'll chime in! :)

My choices:

Zeromus (*1): It's the final boss. 'Nuff said.
Golbez (*2): He just plain kick asses. Cool theme music too.
Asura: As much as I love Bahamut, Asura would just cast wall on herself and reflect his MegaFlare attack. :p
Odin (*4): Harder to beat than Cagnazzo.
Mist Dragon: First boss, plus I love its sprite.
Rubicante (*6): Gotta love a man with honour. *dreamy sigh*
Leviathan: My all time favourite summon. A sea snake. *grins*
Evil Wall: Tough bastard. :eep:
CPU (with attacker and defender): See above.
Valvalis: My favourite Fiend.
White Dragon: I actually don't recall that one (I assume it's one of those guardians in the Lunar Subterranean levels), but the Magus Sisters annoyed me.
Ogopogo: Leviathan's lunar cousin. 'Nuff said. :tongue:

Outsider
06-13-2004, 08:06 AM
White Dragon is a boss you can fight in Lunar Underground. Also known as Paledim.

Zeromus(*1)
Golbez(*2)
Bahamut(*3)
Odin(*4)
Plague(*5)
Rubicant(*6)
Leviathan
Evil Wall
I can't chose between Balnab and CPU.
Valvalis
Magus Sisters
Calbrena

How could you forget about MomBomb? Shame on you.

Takara
06-13-2004, 08:22 AM
OH, the PaleDim. Tough bastard too. :eep:

Outsider
06-13-2004, 09:47 AM
I had to search for his sprite somewhere, so I could name him. I didn't know that he was also called "White Dragon".

Paledim is a much better name. Damn those translations.

Storm
06-13-2004, 11:45 PM
Zeromus - Three Big Bangs and Lugaborg is dead. I doubt Lugaborg's poison would do much.

Golbez - I don't think the Antlion has high magic defense against Meteo.

Asura - This fight would probably take over an hour to finish. Think about it. All Bahamut can do is cast Mega Flare, but in that time Asura could have cured herself for 8000+ hp's. Since Bahamut cannot heal himself, Asura wins in the most boring fight of the century.

Odin - If the "Lit" scared Kainazzo, then I don't even want to think of what Odin's slash would do to that shell.

Mist Dragon - I cannot see how you could cast doom on a summon, so the Mist Dragon could not be harmed. In fact, the Plague would cast haste on the Mist Dragon to speed the battle up. This one may take longer than the Asura/Bahamut fight.

Rubicant - If Rubicant is covered in his cloak, all of the Dark Elf's magic would be absorbed. Rubicant would again show what real fire is.

Leviathan - What a mismatch. Milon Z is such a pushover.

Lunasaurs - The Evil wall is tough, but the magic power of these two when casting Bio is way too high. The Lunasaurs win just before being crushed.

CPU(With Attacker and Defender) - I'm sure Lugae would say something like "Balnab, do not attack the defender!" Naturally he would, and Globe1999 would crush both of them.

Wyvern - Since the Wyvern is immune to "Weak" and "Petrify", Valvalis is useless.

White Dragon - The Magus Sisters would really piss the White Dragon off by casting their delta attack on him. Unfortunately, White Dragon has a nasty counterattack to magic, which would go right through Cindy's wall.

Ogopogo - One use of his double big wave attack and the Calbrena are toast.

aeris2001x2
06-14-2004, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=

How could you forget about MomBomb? Shame on you.[/QUOTE]

i didnt, he was beaten in qualifers.omited because there was no room for him. sorry :mog:

aeris2001x2
06-15-2004, 12:45 PM
well the deadlines gone by and i,ll post the results a day early. including my choices round 1 results are...

Zeroimus(*1) annilhates Lugaborg 6-0.

Golbez(*2) took a knock but rain meteors atop of Antlion 5-1

Bahamat(*3) and Asura Draw 3-3 and it goes to sudden death fight ut...and Bahamat(*3) narrowly prevails after centuries of battling.

5-1 victory for Odin(*4) over the fiend, who claims nothing will match his speed and sword.

Plague(*5) despite him being possibly second only to Zeroimus in terms of hardness is held to a 3-3 draw by the first boss mist dragon who gave the performance of his life...but Plague(*5) ultimately prevails in sudden death.

the most popular fire fiend, Rubicant(*6) scolds dark elf for his cheating magnet ways, a 6-0 blaze of glory.

the *sea snake* Levithan rains down on the earth fiend 6-0.

Evil wall suffered bio damage but crushs the lunarsaurs under foot 5-1.

Cpu(with attacker and defender) rolls over the professor and his stooge 5-0.

Wyvern and Valvalis show there credentials with a 3-3 draw...and another fiend crashs out as Wyvern wins in sudden death.

White dragon(paledim ;) ) shows us why he is a dragon and why he is in the last dungeon with a sterling 5-1 victory.

Ogopogo under estimates Calbrina and it goes to sudden death after another 3-3 draw...and Ogopogo's quality shows through in the end.

and so the second round matches are

Zeroimus(*1) V levithan

Golbez(*2) V Ogopogo

Bahamat(*3) V Wyvern

Odin(*4) V Evil Wall

Plague(*5) V White Dragon/Paledim

Rubicant(*6) V CPU(with attacker and defender)

the 6 winners will be in the boss tournment finals. so please vote ppl :D

deadline is 12am saturday.

Flashback007
06-15-2004, 05:32 PM
My choices are:
Zeroimus(*1)
Ogopogo (Golbez is to weak)
Bahamat(*3)
Evil Wall
White Dragon/Paledim
Rubicant(*6)

Dragoon_Kain
06-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Zeromus - no contest

Ogopogo - Golbez is a pansy

Bahamat - Strongest of all summons, he got that way for a reason

Odin - Ya that sword would cleave thru that wall like a hot knife thru butter.

Paledim - you really think its gonna more than take 10 seconds for Plague to die? hahaha

Rubicant- what metal is gonna stand to the searing flames of the fiend of fire?

D_K

Storm
06-15-2004, 06:20 PM
Zeromus - Big Bang is just too powerful. And Leviathan would face some nasty magic counterattacks when he casts Ice 2 on Zeromus.

Ogopogo - Wow, would this be a close fight. The only problem is Golbez is a sorcerer, and can only cast magic. Ogopogo has nasty magic counterattacks when inflicted with any magic damage.

Wyvern - Bahamut wouldn't inflict any damage, as his MegaFlare would be reflected back onto him. Bahamut should beg for mercy from his evil twin brother.

Evil Wall - Odin's sword can slice many creatures into two, but not a gigantic, thick wall.

Plague - Count is a very cheap attack. Pale Dim could not inflict enough damage in 10 seconds.

Rubicant - Unlike the other elements, Rubicant is intelligent and would quickly find the strategy to defeat the CPU. I do not believe his scorch attack can be reflected.

Dragoon Kain
06-15-2004, 06:35 PM
Zeromus(*1)

Golbez(*2)

Bahamat(*3)

Evil Wall

White Dragon/Paledim

Rubicant(*6)

Outsider
06-16-2004, 07:43 AM
Leviathan

Golbez(*2)

Bahamut(*3)

Odin(*4)

Plague(*5)

Rubicant(*6)

Storm
06-16-2004, 10:14 PM
Could somebody please explain to me how the FFIV Bahamut could possibly defeat the Wyvern?

Takara
06-17-2004, 08:28 AM
You don't have to place your vote solely based on who's hardest or more pwerful, you know... ;)

Anyway, my choices:

Zeromus (*1)
Ogopogo
Wyvern
Odin (*4)
White Dragon/PaleDim
Rubicant (*6)

Ultima Shadow
06-17-2004, 06:26 PM
Could somebody please explain to me how the FFIV Bahamut could possibly defeat the Wyvern?
WHAT!?????? What are you talking about? Bahamut is the man! The King of all Summons!!!! The Ultimate Dragon!!!! HE RULES!!!!!!! AND WHEN YOU SUMMON HIM HIS MEGANUKE IS NOT REFLECTABLE (I don't think it is)!!!!!!!! I didn't know you could reflect it when you fougth him... is that really true?:shifty:

Oh well, here's my choises:

Zeromus(*1)

Golbez(*2)

Bahamut(*3)(Bwahahahahahahahaha)

Evil Wall

White Dragon/Paledim

Rubicant(*6)

Storm
06-17-2004, 10:35 PM
WHAT!?????? What are you talking about? Bahamut is the man! The King of all Summons!!!! The Ultimate Dragon!!!! HE RULES!!!!!!! AND WHEN YOU SUMMON HIM HIS MEGANUKE IS NOT REFLECTABLE (I don't think it is)!!!!!!!! I didn't know you could reflect it when you fougth him... is that really true?:shifty:

Yes, when you fight him his MegaFlare is reflectable. Hence, if Bahamut and Wyvern faced off, Bahamut would not be able to harm the Wyvern since he casts wall on himself.

You don't have to place your vote solely based on who's hardest or more pwerful, you know...

Yes, I know that. But that's like saying an imp can defeat Zeromus, just because you think Imps are cooler. I invision what a battle between the two creatures would look like, and make my pick based on that.

AaronD
06-18-2004, 04:53 AM
Zeromus-no comment...........

Golbez-hes the man, meteo would kick its ass

Bahamut- hes the KING of dragon hence he is the KING of wyvern

Odin- The sword is mightier than the stone.

Paldim-cause i hate plague

Rubicant-i say the cloak deflect globe1999 and rubicante would melt the core with his powerful flames

Ultima Shadow
06-18-2004, 11:32 PM
that's like saying an imp can defeat Zeromus, just because you think Imps are cooler.
You know, in FF VI there is a trick to transform one of your characters into an uber powerful super Imp who can kick Zeromus ass for sure. :D

However the Bahamut SUMMON is not reflectable. And when you summon him he can't die. :D

Storm
06-19-2004, 01:59 AM
However the Bahamut SUMMON is not reflectable. And when you summon him he can't die. :D

Yes, but we're talking about Bahamut on his own, not Rydia summoning Bahamut. Alas, Wyvern has been eliminated, which makes me question how many people actually found the secret to getting to him.

aeris2001x2
06-19-2004, 02:00 AM
well the results are finally in and they are as follows...

Zeroimus(*1) cleaves through Levithan 8-1 to assert his position as top seed.

it was a REALLY tight match, but golbez(*2) got the last meteo in, winning a titantic 5-4 battle against Ogopogo. Golbez breathes a sigh of relief.

Bahamat(*3) sneakes behind wyvern and obliterates wyvern 7-2. can bahamat go all the way in the finals?

in Another 5-4 thriller Odin(*4) defeats Evil Wall to book his place in the finals. it seems fate is favouring the seeds...

However finally a seed casulty as Plague(*5) crashes out early 6-3 to white dragon/pale dim.

the only white wash comes from Rubicant(*6) who whoops cpu and co 9-0. he is suddenly an outside bet to contest the title. how will he fair in the finals?

and so the ffIV finalists are...

Zeroimus(*1)
Golbez(*2)
Bahamat(*3)
Odin(*4)
White dragon/Paledim
Rubicant(*6)

thank u ppl for voting. another domestic boss tournment will soon be up so please vote in that one too :D

Storm
06-19-2004, 06:57 AM
I think what we could have in the future is a realistic boss tournament, where we actually make picks and give JUSTIFIED reasons for our choices.

This is basically the same as saying "Who's your favorite boss?" and then battling to see who is more of a favorite than the other.

Sorry I'm making such a big deal with it, but I tend to make unnecessary rational decisions even when they are not required.

aeris2001x2
06-19-2004, 12:38 PM
u can judge on the enemys hardness if u wish, but that would be too restrictive imo and also make the outcome of a battle too predictable in many cases. being the best boss is more then just being hard, it has many other factors. yes maybe putting reasons would be a good idea but many ppl dont have time 2 give lengthy descriptions. i thank u 4 your input though and understand your point. i hope i have answered u 2 your satisfaction.

Ultima Shadow
06-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Well, I will give reasons in the next one. FFVII?

aeris2001x2
06-19-2004, 01:49 PM
nah ffVIII next simply because i need 2 find a few more names out on my file like the boss at fort condor or the red giant thing or the flying bird machine on the train etc