PDA

View Full Version : This sounds racist but...

Dingo Jellybean
06-12-2004, 08:18 AM
...it's not intended to be. I don't think of it as racism, more like a preference.

Race tends to be a touchy issue, but, generally...which race and/or ethnicity is generally the most attractive?

Personally, I've always been fascinated by Italian women. I'm not talking about "part Italian" (like those who are like 1/4 Italian, 1/4th German, 1/4th Asian, etc.) and such...usually at least half-Italian that I begin to notice. They're 2nd to no one and that exotic look that they possess always seems to catch my eye. Usually it's preferred that my significant other is Italian, but not required (I'm not THAT superficial).

So yeah...I sound pretty silly and stupid...but eh, I'm not new at this.

Mo-Nercy
06-12-2004, 08:58 AM
Hm..it is a touchy subject but I don't think it's going to offend anyone.

I'm chinese. I prefer to hang out and date chinese or other asian people. It's not that I hate other races, because I have plenty of friends that come from a variety of backgrounds (that's how it is in Australia. Very multicultural) Also I like to be able to speak chinese to my friends and girlfriend. It's nice to share a secret joke in class that no-one else would understand. I find that asian people have a lot in common with me.

So to answer your question, I find asians more attractive. Especially those with a hongkie sense of fashion, style, dialect etc.

I don't think it's racist to think like that. When someone is racist, they are discriminating against a certain race. You're not putting down any race in particular, you're just stating your preference of women.

Rainecloud
06-12-2004, 09:11 AM
For some reason, I've always been attracted to asian women. My work colleagues know this, as do some of my friends, and they say I have a strange "fetish". I don't particularly agree with their choice of wording, but I can understand what they're getting at. I don't find the majority of English women to be attractive - that's just the way I feel. It doesn't make me racist, though. It simply shows that I - as a person - am more physically attracted to certain attributes from a certain race of people.

Peegee
06-12-2004, 09:23 AM
Thanks to the proliferation of media I consider white males and females attractive, which doesn't mean other races aren't/can't be attractive. This also doesn't mean members of any race can't be unattractive either.

Finding a particular race attractive over others doesn't mean you are racist (unless the reasons were racist), but probably that you have a socialogical tendency to associate this or that with attractiveness.

OOC: I think I need sleep, I've been typing completely irrelevant words in the wrong places like 'members of any race can't be racist'.

escobert
06-12-2004, 09:56 AM
I don't find anyone race that much more attractive. They all have their good looking girls and then the not so good looking girls. I would say probably I preffer white girls on the pure fact there are 2 asian girls within 5 towns and 3 black girls with 5 towns every other girl is white.

Shlup
06-12-2004, 10:29 AM
I think really dark skin is attractive. Not tan, but dark skin. Like a deep, dark black man.

I'm also attracted to large Mexican guys, which my small white boyfriend finds unnerving.

Mikztsu
06-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Only girl I've loved so far has been half-arabic and falf-caucasian, which in my opinion made her look kinda like Italian or Spanish. I don't know, but shes' very attractive. So yes, I prefer darker colour, like latino and even arabic. Asians are very cute too, yes, but so are caucasians. Bleh, no matter what race you are, as long as you're attractive, you're attractive. :)

Shlup
06-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Only girl I've loved so far has been half-arabic and falf-caucasian, which in my opinion made her look kinda like Italian or Spanish.I think she looked more Jewish/Hebrew than Italian or Spanish.

Mikztsu
06-12-2004, 11:35 AM
I think she looked more Jewish/Hebrew than Italian or Spanish.

Yeah, maybe so. Just couldn't find a way to describe. :)

Peegee
06-12-2004, 11:57 AM
"which my small white boyfriend finds unnerving."

Isn't BJ like 6' tall or at least 5'10? You must be attracted to some monsterously large Mexicans

Singing_Wings
06-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Some Mexicans seems to attract me with their dark skin and their looks but I think some white skins are attractive too. :)

SomethingBig
06-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Me = Philippino.

I used to see North American women as being the most attractive, but now I think that Japanese women are the prettiest, even though I've only dated white women.

Mr. Graves
06-12-2004, 03:50 PM
I find Asian and Australian women the most attractive, racially.

Rye
06-12-2004, 04:22 PM
I always used to find Italian guys attractive, because I'm half-italian myself. But now, it doesn't really matter to me too much if a guy is Italian or not.

The Wandering Zero
06-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Asian women.
Spanish women.
Middle Eastern, Hindi, Slavic, European, Native American women...

Have yet to find a black woman I'm attracted to.

DocFrance
06-12-2004, 04:48 PM
My girlfriend is an American mutt like me, but I'd say I have a preference for Scandinavian gals. I'm a sucker for a red-head.

m4tt
06-12-2004, 05:17 PM
"which my small white boyfriend finds unnerving."

Isn't BJ like 6' tall or at least 5'10? You must be attracted to some monsterously large Mexicans

I think she means small as in thin. He's pretty thin. :p

I am mostly attracted to white females. But I also find asian women attractive. Spanish women too.

-N-
06-12-2004, 05:29 PM
GO BROWN! Although Indian women tend to have too many issues.

Del Murder
06-12-2004, 06:00 PM
I like all flavors.

HOOTERS
06-12-2004, 06:10 PM
I like all flavors.

Yeah me too. Taste the rainbow. :smash:

TifaStrife16
06-12-2004, 06:11 PM
I don't know if I prefer a particular race or not, but I know I definitely prefer black and blonde hair over brown and red. Dunno why. I'd say for racial preference it'd be white or asian, though I don't know many asians. Besides, asian babies are the CUTEST, hands down.

P8
06-12-2004, 08:44 PM
ASIAN. yeah, asian for me, with their nice high voices. i wanna hear them scream OMEN NASSAI (or whatever you spell that). well, thats japanese. Chinese women are considered more beautiful then japanese. because japanese have "daikonashi". something about their legs. dont know how i can explain that in english.
anyway, since i dont know any young atrractive chinese, i still go for japanese or korean women anyway.

Logan
06-12-2004, 09:00 PM
I've been attracted to all different sorts of guys, so I really don't know. Everything is good :)

P8
06-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Winged Sorceress, are you attracted by me?

Wizdumb
06-12-2004, 09:04 PM
I don't have a particular favorite ethic preference that I have for women. I do like how the Irish women look. I'm not saying they're my favorite. My girlfriend looks Irish but she's half white/mexican. Strange how the world turns.

P8
06-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Strange how the world turns.

to the right, unless you look at it upside down

bennator
06-12-2004, 09:25 PM
I don't think I have a prefrence for one race over the other. My current girlfriend is Greek/Italian, so she has darker skin, but I always find lighter skin attractive too.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-12-2004, 10:17 PM
i have noticed that half dutch and half asian as well as spanish chicks look really hot...imean check out kristen kreuk, michelle branch and jessica alba....but im filo so im into asian girls

but honestly personality matters more to me....just to set things straight...

P8
06-12-2004, 10:21 PM
im dutch, and if you want to see some nice dutch people, try and search for
Katja Schuurman
Georgina Verbaan
Silvie Meis
i like katja schuurman most i think. but the next 2 are considered to be very beautiful in the netherlands too. cant say it isnt so

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-12-2004, 10:25 PM
im dutch, and if you want to see some nice dutch people, try and search for
Katja Schuurman
Georgina Verbaan
Silvie Meis
i like katja schuurman most i think. but the next 2 are considered to be very beautiful in the netherlands too. cant say it isnt so

thanks for that!

Big D
06-13-2004, 01:33 AM
Siberian, German, Japanese.

But then, beauty transcends all boundaries; there are beautiful people of every ethnicity and heritage. It's just that the above three sometimes seem to stand out, for me.

CloudySky
06-13-2004, 01:53 AM
I just love Nippon, there is nothing I can do about it... I tried really hard. But still I love Nippon...

Lord Xehanort
06-13-2004, 01:56 AM
Asian women are hot. American men are hot. I :<3: them!

Yamaneko
06-13-2004, 02:29 AM
I have no preference.

Agent Proto
06-13-2004, 02:43 AM
I find most races attractive. The only thing I dislike is the darker the skin, the less attractive the girl is. *shrugs*

Sure, they may look physically good, but I don't find most black girls attractive.

I prefer asian, but I have no problem with the other races. ^_^

In fact, my girlfriend is asian and I like that. <3

black orb
06-13-2004, 03:08 AM
>>> I like them all but Im really attracted to Asian women, I love their eyes, hair and everything..
they are so cute.. :D

War Angel
06-13-2004, 03:10 AM
Race doesn't matter much to me. I can tell you I don't find blacks or Arabs very appealing... but that's about it. I usually go for the dark-hair\bright-eyes\pale skin kind of look... Liv Tyler is hot. :) But, if she's got a tanned skin, and\or dark eyes... that's cool too. I also get these moods... an Asian mood, a Latin\Spanish mood, Northern\Eastern European mood... all in all, I love women! :D

Iceglow
06-14-2004, 02:05 PM
Hmm, I think this touches more on Fascism than Racism (not religious its more on appearances) but as allready stated no one should be offended it's just someones taste. As for me, I'm half Polish half English but was born and raised in the UK I hold a UK passport (though if I want I can get dual citizenship). I tend to date Westerners in other words those from the USA, Europe, UK, Ireland, South Africa. and so on I don't actually distinguish really on their creed or what not if I like them I go out with them. although the majority of the girls I have dated looking back have been white UK or white American though their is some Asian or eastern Europeans in there too. The South African girls were both white as well. It's nothing to do with skin colour it's more to do with who comes on to me and who grabs my attention and thats just chance, some of my ex-girlfriends are Indian (well half, Indians have something about their daughters dating a white guy...meh?) so I don't actually choose the only thing I really am fussy about is personality and substance abuse if the girl has great looks but crap personality she doesnt stand a chance and sometimes it can be quite a shame as they are great girls if they are involved in hardcore drug usuage I'll either avoid them or if I am allready with them when I find out I dump them.

Levian
06-14-2004, 02:21 PM
Spanish, Italian or Greek women (in that order) are generally the most attractive, in my opinion.

Dingo Jellybean
06-15-2004, 12:51 AM
It's funny though. When I was in high school, primarily from 8th-11th grade, I was generally attracted to African females. Then for 2 years after that it was generally Asians. After that it's primarily been Western that keeps my eye. It's amazing how culture can influence someone.

Ouch!
06-15-2004, 12:56 AM
I find asians to be very attractive, perhaps the most attractive of all peoples. However, I find Irish women attractive as well, I just have a thing for redheads.

Kirobaito
06-15-2004, 12:57 AM
I really like all kinds of girls, but I prefer southern belles. I've been brought up with them, so...yeah.

fire_of_avalon
06-15-2004, 07:04 AM
I like green eyes on a boy. And a full mouth. Those are really the only things that are consistent with my attractions, so I guess I really don't have a set race/ethnicity I'm attracted to.

Meat Puppet
06-15-2004, 09:06 AM
As long as they like me I'm fine.

BatChao
06-15-2004, 09:29 AM
I find the asians to be most attractive... I think Korean girls are generally most attractive beacause they have usually have pale skin and silky-like hair, which I totally like. But, that being said, I think that when I really like a girl, she's ALWAYS Chinese. Yes...

The Wandering Zero
06-15-2004, 11:11 AM
<.< So, this band wrote this song, where they tell you "If you love someone, set them on fire".

My query is; if you were to nuke a continent to nothing, or perhaps bombard a fault-line with several hundred megatons, would that be like a really big hallmark card?

I take what I said back, I've seen two black women that I thought were "loveable".

sephxangel
06-15-2004, 12:10 PM
I like all flavors.

Same here, I don't really have a preference...if i like you--i like you, it doesn't matter about skin color or if your spanish, irish, european, etc...

DMKA
06-15-2004, 12:11 PM
I don't have a preference...I've seen mounds of hotties from just about every ethnicity.

Rinoabella
06-15-2004, 09:44 PM
I'm asian. I don't have a preference. Though, I do prefer guys with American accents :)

Ouch!
06-15-2004, 09:59 PM
I'm asian. I don't have a preference. Though, I do prefer guys with American accents :)

There's an American accent? I thought there were a couple, like New York-ish and that crazy lingo of the people down south for example.

Rinoabella
06-15-2004, 10:52 PM
If you want to get technical, then I'd prefer the New York-ish one?

Dingo Jellybean
06-15-2004, 11:08 PM
Nah, Chickencha has a northern American accent, not New York. ;)

New York and Southern accents are bleh...but eh.

As for this whole racial preference thing...I know for the most part people tend to be with their own race, but I'm sure there were times in my life where I never explored the possibility of a relationship solely due to my preference for another race (in this case Italian). My parents and relatives want me to stick within the asian culture...but it's too difficult, not after I was raised in the US and grew up in its culture where I was probably exposed to the idealism that caucasian women were considered the most attractive.

But like Horace Mann once said: "men are cast-iron, children are wax." He meant that it was easy to shape the character of children into adults than the character of adults, whose characters were already shaped. So yeah...oh well. I'm sure if I grew up in Africa or Japan I would grow to prefer African or Asian women more...but that's an <i>if</i>.

Miriel
06-16-2004, 02:15 AM
I'm asian and the last two guys I dated were both Hapas (half asian, half white). There's something strangely exotic about people who are mixed, both girls and guys alike. I guess you could say I have a preference for Asian/white guys but attractive is attractive no matter what race you are.

Rinoabella
06-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Nah, Chickencha has a northern American accent, not New York. ;)
Well if you want to get THAT technical, then what you said :rolleyes2

Ki Ki
06-16-2004, 08:54 AM
Uh. I like everyone. Spread the LOVE.

But....I don't like blondies. Girls and guys. They're to blond. I like dark haired guys. With cool eyes. I like egyptians or arabic guys. They're hot. I mean they're eyes are like "woah" very striking.
Asian guys are ok. I prefer Koreans. But heck aslong as the guy is ok looking and nice and likes me then i like him too. I'm not too picky. But I've noticed not many europeans go for asians. So that's why I try not to fall for a european.

Squall and Rinoa
06-16-2004, 10:16 AM
If I were interested in a female, she would have to be Japanese, Filipino, or Hawaiian.

If I were interested in a guy, he would have to be Italian, Latino, or Black.

Dingo Jellybean
06-19-2004, 05:36 AM
Well, if I were a girl, I would most likely be attracted to those half-white and half-asian. A great combination of looks. I have never seen a bad looking half-breed of either race.

Tokki Wartooth
06-19-2004, 06:02 AM
Werd to Dingo_Jellybean's mother. Halfies = ALWAYS hot. Particularly black/white, asian/white & black/asian.

Ariel
06-19-2004, 09:50 AM
I tend to find Caucasian guys with dark brown-blackish hair the most attractive physically. Though multiracial (is that a real word? o_o) guys can look pretty attractive, too. It's appealing in a really exotic way. ^_^

Being attracted to a specific race, or the way a person looks, isn't racist. I used to have a friend who found Asian girls more attractive than any other females, and he'd always beat himself up about how racist he thought he was. I always thought it was kind of silly - it's no more racist than having a preference for brunettes over blondes, or anything like that. It's physical attractiveness. It's not like judging someone's personality, intelligence, or talents. But I guess it just depends on how you define racism. *ends the rambling*

BrittyGoesMow
06-20-2004, 07:05 AM
Same goes with Italian men, even the larger ones have a sexy face. I'm Italian, and it's funny because my Grandpa had this good friend straight from Italy, and I always thought he was so handsome because of his manly look.
but i'm odd as well, when it comes to that.
I guess this doesn't sound racist, it's more just an opinion. Some people are attracted to people of a different look, it makes sense. It is another thing that seperates us from the animals.