PDA

View Full Version : AOL doesn't like me

SeeDRankLou
06-12-2004, 10:26 AM
I hope no one has posted about this before.....

When the forums upgraded semi-recently, my AOL didn't like it. And I'm finally annoyed enough about it to complain to someone. So, everytime I open this webpage and go into the forums, I'm not logged in. So, I log in, and the webpage thanks me for logging in, and it goes to the forum page again and I'm not logged, again. So if I want to post something when I'm at home, I have to open Internet Explorer, and then it works, which is just kind of annoying and unnecessary. I don't know what's wrong, my internet settings are such that I can have cookies (it's on medium). Can anyone help me?

metCloud
06-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Unless your one of the few people who enjoy using AOL, I say just use Firefox/Mozilla. I really dont know what else to say.

Baloki
06-12-2004, 12:08 PM
my internet settings are such that I can have cookies (it's on medium)

You required cookies to use the forum, and IE is terrible at deciding cookie limits, try chaning the Privacy settings to either low or off and it should work :D The other one that always causes a problem is Norton Internet Security, if you do have that installed and active make sure Privacy Control and Ad Blocking are off else that will do the same thing. I hope at least one of those helps :D

crono_logical
06-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Yeah, getting the Firefox/Mozilla browser would be your best option. AOL's own one is pretty crappy and broken for some newer stuff. Your internet cookie settings would likely be your IE settings - if it works in IE, I doubt those cookies settings are your problem.

Kirobaito
06-12-2004, 05:48 PM
I was using my other PC yesterday that has AOL on it because this one was in a bit of a poophole, and I was logged on when I first entered. So I dunno what yer problem it. :p

SeeDRankLou
06-30-2004, 08:59 AM
Alright, I finally figured this out, and will post it for anyone else who might have this problem. AOL9.0 has a Pop-Up Blocker, but what I didn't know is that it also has a filter on it that blocks cookies from websites that have been blocked more than five times, and this site used to have pop-up ads. So I had to go to the spam filter and change some things and now life is good again. I hope this might help anyone else who has this problem.