PDA

View Full Version : info on summons in FFXII

Shayo
06-12-2004, 12:43 PM
theres lots of info on summons at http://www.ffxii.net/?nav=content/summons

from what i can read theres ultima, ifrit, velius, and Adrammelech

ChaosCalibur
06-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Whatha?... When in the world did "Ultima" Become a summon?! Maybe i should read on... And Zodiak braves, now that's just crazy... :confused:

Sefie1999AD
06-12-2004, 06:19 PM
They're taking summons from FFTA plus FFT's demons? Uh huh, I hope FF12 keeps at least some of FF traditions. Square better not make FF12 more like FFTA than like FFs. It's weird how FFT felt a lot like normal FF games but FFTA didn't at all.

Ouch!
06-12-2004, 07:29 PM
The link didn't work. I clicked it, and then tried to place it in my browser. Page cannot be displayed.

Shayo
06-12-2004, 07:48 PM
then try going to www.ffxii.net then click summons

Big D
06-13-2004, 01:52 AM
Hey, new summons!
That's good to hear. I like the fact that each demon/spirit has its own unique back-story or purpose, too.When in the world did "Ultima" Become a summon?! When they decided to do something different instead of repeating what's been done so many times in the past by making Ultima a magic spell. That article mentions that Ultima was a guardian beast in FFT, which I've never played...They're taking summons from FFTA plus FFT's demons? Uh huh, I hope FF12 keeps at least some of FF traditions. Since the game's set in FFT's world, they're kinda mandated to keep at least a few details of those lands. But still, it looks like there'll be a lot of familiar, traditional FF elements there, even though a lot of things have been adapted or incorporated to give some freshness to the title. A pure, unaltered photocopy of past games would be playable, certainly, but without new ideas the gameplay would get very old, very fast.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-13-2004, 02:26 AM
Oh man, Belial is one of my favorite villains in the series. I'd love to summon him.

I'm also glad that Efreet is finally back to looking like a demon instead of a lion or wolf like in FFVIII and FFX.

Sefie1999AD
06-13-2004, 01:18 PM
When they decided to do something different instead of repeating what's been done so many times in the past by making Ultima a magic spell. That article mentions that Ultima was a guardian beast in FFT, which I've never played...

Ultima was the final boss in FF Tactics. His name is actually Altima, but his guardian minions are called Ultima Demons. Ultima, Velius and Adramelk were all Lucavi demons in FFT.

Since the game's set in FFT's world, they're kinda mandated to keep at least a few details of those lands. But still, it looks like there'll be a lot of familiar, traditional FF elements there, even though a lot of things have been adapted or incorporated to give some freshness to the title. A pure, unaltered photocopy of past games would be playable, certainly, but without new ideas the gameplay would get very old, very fast.

FF12 is not set in FFT's or FFTA's world. The only common thing is using the name Ivalice. However, FFT and FFTA's Ivalice have nothing to do with each other, and it seems FF12's Ivalice has nothing to do with FFT or FFTA's Ivalice. As for the traditional fantasy elements, the reason I want them back is because they've been missing for a very long time. I think I last saw them in FF9, and before that, FF6. Not sure how much FFXI has them since that hasn't been released here.

AngryTurnip
06-14-2004, 09:42 PM
Whatha?... When in the world did "Ultima" Become a summon?!

In FFTA Ultima (along wiht Addremelech) was a summonable monsters. She wasn't actually classed as summons, and was subject to different rules to "proper" summons, but she was close enough.

Ouch!
06-14-2004, 10:58 PM
However, FFT and FFTA's Ivalice have nothing to do with each other, and it seems FF12's Ivalice has nothing to do with FFT or FFTA's Ivalice.

Er... how would you explain the races such as Vieras reappearing in FF12. FFTA and FF12 obviously have connections, besides, they said from the beginning that 12 would have many similarities to FFTA.

Sefie1999AD
06-15-2004, 02:05 PM
Er... how would you explain the races such as Vieras reappearing in FF12. FFTA and FF12 obviously have connections, besides, they said from the beginning that 12 would have many similarities to FFTA.

Every FF except for FF1 has Chocoboes and they still aren't set in the same world. FF3j, FF5, FF6 and FF9 has Moogles, but that doesn't mean their worlds are connected. The same applies to Vieras.

DocFrance
06-15-2004, 03:05 PM
OMG THE SQENUINX IS MESING UP TEH SUMONS!!!!!1 TEH FFXII IS CRAP!!! WTF R TEH SQUENI DOING!?!?!

I'm glad they're finally doing something new and different. I was getting tired of using the same old spells over and over again.

Big D
06-16-2004, 04:53 AM
Every FF except for FF1 has Chocoboes and they still aren't set in the same world. FF3j, FF5, FF6 and FF9 has Moogles, but that doesn't mean their worlds are connected. The same applies to Vieras.Except that the creators have said that it's the same world, in this case.

That, and I agree with DocFrance.

ChaosCalibur
06-16-2004, 08:16 PM
The Boss was Ultima? I thought it was ST. Ajora Or Adjora...That name would make sense in FFTA although i never bothered playing as the... Erm, No bou race was it? Well whatever, it's just a name, But why'd they have to bring the moogles back, they looked super ugly in FFTA :( They even mutilated Mog, those monsters! But i still don't get it... Why the Zodiac Braves? And weren't the stones destroyed?...

Sefie1999AD
06-16-2004, 10:04 PM
The Boss was Ultima? I thought it was ST. Ajora Or Adjora...That name would make sense in FFTA although i never bothered playing as the... Erm, No bou race was it? Well whatever, it's just a name, But why'd they have to bring the moogles back, they looked super ugly in FFTA :( They even mutilated Mog, those monsters! But i still don't get it... Why the Zodiac Braves? And weren't the stones destroyed?...

*SPOILERS!!!*

St. Ajora was the name of the final villain, but when he turned into a Lucavi demon, the demon's name was Altima. Wiegraf was Velius when he transformed, and Dycedarg was Adramelk. Not sure if it's supposed to be Ultima or Altima. Ultima makes more sense, but Altima sounds like it's more connected to him (Alma + St. Ajora = Altima).

The Zodiac monsters might have been defeated at the end of FFT, but that doesn't mean they couldn't exist in FFXII. I'm not buying the story of FFTA and FFXII set on the same world unless I see some proper proof, especially when FFXII's world seems a lot more mature and darker. But yeah, the Moogles looked bad in FFTA.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-17-2004, 01:03 PM
For the record, it's supposed to be Ultima.

DocFrance
06-17-2004, 05:15 PM
And Ultima doth sucketh mightily. MP damage? Pfft.

ChaosCalibur
06-17-2004, 07:12 PM
It was Altma because the game was in "English" So a few things are misspelled... Or maybe i just have a weird copy...