PDA

View Full Version : Dark Yojimbo not fair

Cloud spikey head
06-13-2004, 08:35 PM
Hi, I have defeated dark Yojimbo a couple of times until we reach the entrance of the cave. The dramatic music stopped so I though that I finally beated him. So I walked out of the cave and did go to the airplane to find pecance. But he was nowehere to be found. So I returned to the cave and Dark Yojimbo was back how is this possible? I beated him to the end to the exit how is it possible that he's still alive and why must I start all over again :mad2:

Big D
06-14-2004, 01:31 AM
You have to beat him about five times. If you can't find him, keep on searching through the caverns until you come across him.

You'll know when he's truly defeated. The Warrior Monk who summoned him will bow, then leave. Then there'll be a cut-scene showing the spirits of the Dark Aeons uniting into Penance. You can't miss it.

The key is just to keep on defeating Dark Yojimbo until you're certain he's not coming back...
not easy, but you'll get there in the end:cool:

Cloud spikey head
06-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Yeah I already fiound where the lost Yojimbo was:P He was in that open place where you get that treasure.Only the bad thing is that Ilost. I have to do it all over agian for the 1000 time. Oh well it sure kills time :)

Iceglow
06-14-2004, 04:31 PM
use auto life it makes a lot of sense or auto pheonix

Big D
06-14-2004, 11:11 PM
Casting Auto-Life on the party requires three turns to be wasted; in my opinion, the fight is quicker if you just summon an Aeon whenever Dark Yojimbo's overdrive gauge fills, then get one hit in with the Aeon before Yojimbo cleaves it with Zanmato.

Of course... if both Yuna and the (real) Aeon Yojimbo have full overdrive gauges when you enter the caverns, you can save a bit of time: Zanmato is easy to get when Yojimbo's got a full overdrive score, so simply summon him at the start of battle and offer about 80,000 gil. In the next battle, Grand Summon him so that he has a full overdrive gauge once again. There, Dark Yojimbo has been effortlessly beaten back twice:)

Also, there's the Entrust ability that lets one character donate their overdrive gauge to another... but luck only lets you get so many Zanmatos in a row.

Lord Xehanort
06-14-2004, 11:22 PM
Weird... I thought that the only Yojimbo you fight was the one that Lulu's first summoner (don't know the name) summons when you first get to the cave.

Big D
06-15-2004, 01:18 AM
Weird... I thought that the only Yojimbo you fight was the one that Lulu's first summoner (don't know the name) summons when you first get to the cave.;)That's what happens when you're only able to play the US version of the game.

The PAL release includes some optional super-bosses, the Dark Aeons, who're so ridiculously powerful they make Sin look like an utter sissy.
The Dark Aeons are shadowy versions of the regular Aeons, called up by Yevon's Warrior Monks. They're all incredibly powerful, dealing immense damage and sometimes status attacks that're unblockable except with Ribbon, an ability that's unique to the PAL version. Some of them have several million HP. The very weakest Dark Aeon, Dark Valefor, is extremely quick and had high evasion; every attack deals 9999 damage to one or all party members, and it can use overdrive abilities at will.
The other Dark Aeons are far, far worse. The Dark Magus Sisters can begin battle with Delta Hit, dealing about half a million points of damage to everyone. Dark Yojimbo's Zanmato instantly kills the entire party, even if they're using Auto-Life. Nasty stuff.

It gets even better, though... if you somehow defeat all the Dark Aeons, a new opponent is unlocked: Penance. It goes way beyond anything else in the game. Its very weakest attacks will do around 20,000 damage to a character with high defence, I believe.
It has 12,000,000 HP and three separate parts - the body and two arms. The arms can be revived by the body at any time, too.
Tough stuff. Adds quite a few more hours of replay value to the game...

Cloud spikey head
06-15-2004, 09:05 AM
;)That's what happens when you're only able to play the US version of the game.

The PAL release includes some optional super-bosses, the Dark Aeons, who're so ridiculously powerful they make Sin look like an utter sissy.
The Dark Aeons are shadowy versions of the regular Aeons, called up by Yevon's Warrior Monks. They're all incredibly powerful, dealing immense damage and sometimes status attacks that're unblockable except with Ribbon, an ability that's unique to the PAL version. Some of them have several million HP. The very weakest Dark Aeon, Dark Valefor, is extremely quick and had high evasion; every attack deals 9999 damage to one or all party members, and it can use overdrive abilities at will.
The other Dark Aeons are far, far worse. The Dark Magus Sisters can begin battle with Delta Hit, dealing about half a million points of damage to everyone. Dark Yojimbo's Zanmato instantly kills the entire party, even if they're using Auto-Life. Nasty stuff.

It gets even better, though... if you somehow defeat all the Dark Aeons, a new opponent is unlocked: Penance. It goes way beyond anything else in the game. Its very weakest attacks will do around 20,000 damage to a character with high defence, I believe.
It has 12,000,000 HP and three separate parts - the body and two arms. The arms can be revived by the body at any time, too.
Tough stuff. Adds quite a few more hours of replay value to the game...

Hmmz that Penance, has he an overdrive to? And if he has is it a cool one?

aeris2001x2
06-15-2004, 11:54 AM
yes Penance has an overdrive guage of sorts like Nemesis one in that its invisiable :D he will only use it in the second stage of the battle when Both his arms are alive.

the move is called JUDGEMENT DAY and is arguably the coolest move ever seen in a Final Fantasy game. i,ve never seen such gorgeous graphical effects as when the move hits. it wipes out 99,999 hp and 999 mp. i also think it wipes out auto life like Dark Yojimbos Zanmato and Dark Magus Sisters Delta Attack but even if it did,nt the arms would finish you off. it impossible to beat Penance without killing his arms anyway so you can stop him using this.

so yeah the greater dark Aeons (Bahamat, Anima, Yojimbo, Magus Sisters) really are a million miles ahead of Nemesis. but Penance in turn are so far ahead of even the Dark Magus Sisters its scary.